[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/, I was wondering if mini-ITX cases are worth it compared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hello /g/,

I was wondering if mini-ITX cases are worth it compared to mid to full tower cases? Anyone use one? Can they fit most parts?
>>
File: guts.jpg (455 KB, 1500x1367) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
455 KB, 1500x1367
They are if you really only need on graphics card or don't plan on using more PCI lanes.

It's really worth it because it's fun to build and use. Here's mine.
>>
>>52537769
Depends on the case. Some of them can fit full ATX sized PSUs and these massive graphics cards. Some can do one or the other or neither. Case by case you have to make sure there's clearance for the parts you want. If you don't ever plan to use more than one graphics card they're honestly a very good solution for most people that gets overlooked.
>>
>>52537769
as >>52537889 said its a xase by case basis as far as part compatability goes.TO be honest tho I dont think most of them are worse it since most still take up a large amount of space, the sugo itx case is nice but only supports mini cards like a 750 or mini 970, and other that are "console like" are usually thin but rather long or wide or both. the only itx case that satisfies my size intentions along with graphics compatibility is the dancase which isnt even out yet(im building my own out of an old case and wood tho so idgaf) sure it only supports sfx powersupplies but for what you can fit in a backback its worth it
>>
>>52537808
case bros, hell yeah
>>
depends on the kind of computer you're going for. for a general purpose desktop you're going to be using daily, i think you're better off with something bigger.

i have a case that isn't mini-itx, but still on the small size, and i don't even have the room for more than 1 HD and 2 SSDs. also, if you ever run two graphics cards, heat is going to be an issue. at least it is for me.
>>
>>52537769
unless you need the space savings or travel often and want to bring your computer with you, it's probably not worth it. You could be ambitious and pull off a sweet watercooled ITX rig and that could feel great to build and use so it's up to you
>>
>>52537808

Got the same case. Currently holding in an i7 3770 and a g1 gaming gtx 970.

This case is simply unmatched in terms of bang for the buck because it's one of the smaller ones out there, it's cheap as hell and can house in every GPU you could possibly want. Shit's really neat.
>>
If you travel with your PC a lot then its a good investment. I go to LAN parties at a friend's house every week so being able to haul my PC around in my backpack makes life just that much easier, thank you Node 202.
>>
>>52537769
Speed-wise you'll get maybe 90% of a similar ATX system in a much smaller package, the lack of big coolers will limit the extent to which you can OC, if at all. GPU preferably a blower design and you may want an AIO, ITX builds are one situation where AIOs really make sense over air cooling.

Be aware that you'll have severely limited expansion options: just two RAM slots so 32GB is the absolute limit, only one PCI slot that will be taken up by the GPU, and a few ports on the back panel. Make sure you have everything you need built-in, or it'll be a pain later, as you can only replace parts and not add on.

The benefit is of course that ITX is significantly smaller than mATX, cases from mATX to E-ATX mostly vary in vertical height, but still tend to have a similar footprint.
>>
all you really gain from going ITX is it being tiny and kawaii, and you'd have to be living in a coffin for that to be a make-or-break issue. I'd just get a normal ATX mid-tower.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.