[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet privacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Privacy.jpg (82 KB, 609x609) Image search: [Google]
Privacy.jpg
82 KB, 609x609
Hey /g/, redpill me on being somewhat anonymous online (I understand that true anonymity is impossible).

I would like to install an easy to use, light distro similar to tails on a partition, I would use tails but I'd rather just install it on a partition instead of booting from a USB drive. (I have windows 10 for everything else, only because I like a wide variety of games)

I also want to get started using tor and was wondering if there was any added security benefit of using tor from a proxy?

I would also like to get started on subscribing to a safe, anonymous monthly proxy service, monthly email service, and monthly phone service that I can access via tor, but I realize that paying for such services with a credit card defeats the purpose of anonymity, so I wanted to know if there was any sort of wallet in which I can just transfer money into the account, than any services I wish to purchase can just use the wallet as a middle man? I realize that is what crypto currencies are for but I'd rather just have something that uses a set amount instead of worrying about the volatile crypto market.

Sorry if I come off sounding like an idiot but any info on this subject will be much appreciated.
>>
>tor from proxy
Ideally you'd go from encrypted connection to a VPN to TOR.
Of course, if you can't pay a VPN service in a way that hides your true identity, and if you can't be guaranteed that this VPN will actually secure your identity, then there's no point.

Most people should be able to understand that it's impossible to hide from the US Government if the government is targeting you. Even if you're using proxies purportedly handled by "enemies" of the state.

TOR is one of those things that you use to hide from the government. It's not truly effective for someone being targeted, but better than nothing for someone that isn't.

If all you want to do is hide from Facebook and Google, you turn off JavaScript and other addons. You don't even really need a proxy, but owning a secure connection to a VPN is fine. You can even pay for it in your own name.
>>
Accept the botnet, be one with the botnet
>>
>no general
>no shill
>no meme
fuck off
>>
>>52497850

Well I know I'm not targeted by the government, but I would like to avoid being targeted in the future.

I would love to be able to pay for email services, VPNs, and phone numbers anonymously, but it seems impossible.

I would use the free ones but they all seem to suck.
>>
is there a way to get some privacy without being thought of as a paed?
>>
>>52497949

OP here, this is exactly what I want it for.

I don't even have a hatred for pedos, I can just only get off to thick milfs so CP is pointless to me.
>>
File: richardstallmanimam.jpg (982 KB, 1200x1060) Image search: [Google]
richardstallmanimam.jpg
982 KB, 1200x1060
Just make sure whatever you use that it's free as in freedom from proprietary infidels.
>>
Come on guys, I can't be the only one interested in this kind of stuff.
>>
>>52497976
>thick milfs
this man is enlightened
>>
>>52497752
>>52498226
posteo.net for anonymous mail
>>
>>52498226

/g/ is slow compared to other boards man. chill.
>>
Delete all social media/instant messaging accounts.

Delete your Google/Microsoft/Yahoo accounts.

Use a password manager and two-factor authentication for all other accounts.

Use encryption whenever possible.

Subscribe to a trusted VPN provider that does not log your activity.

Opt out of all location tracking by default.

Install adblockers and always run your browser sessions in Private Mode.

Perform Google searches through a proxy such as Startpage or Disconnect (or use DuckDuckGo if you can make do with it).

If you haven't already, uninstall Flash Player and Java Runtime for God's sake.

Append "_optout_nomap" to your Wi-Fi SSID to tell Google and MS to fuck off from collecting it.

Google your name and try to remove yourself from as many public listings as possible (e.g. WhitePages, InstantCheckmate, PeopleFinder, etc).

Unsubscribe from as much junk mail (electronic and paper) as possible.

Use cash or prepaid debit cards/gift cards for all purchases.
>>
>>52498714
>If you haven't already, uninstall Flash Player and Java Runtime for God's sake.
Or keep them and disable running plugins unless you choose to.
>>
>>52498714

This is a lot of good info, can you recommend any VPNs?
>>
>>52499020
You can use this as a guide: https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/

Personally, I've been with PrivateInternetAccess since 2013 and haven't had a problem.
>>
Protonmail looks like a good email service.
They state they protect user privacy and the UI is decent.
>>
>>52499067

I love how you can use gift cards to pay for the access, fantastic idea.
>>
File: 1448927342178.png (322 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1448927342178.png
322 KB, 546x700
>>52497752

>redpill

You're super sekrit club is thataway

>>>/pol/
>>
>>52500623

I go there to for a laugh once and a while, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>52497940
You are now targeted by the government since you posted this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.