[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackberry Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: blackberry-q10-ofic.jpg (72 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-q10-ofic.jpg
72 KB, 600x452
So, I'm gonna get this bad boy next week. Hear the keyboard's great. What else should i expect of BB10?

Also, headcount of BB10 users here?

And, general help/hangout thread for BB10 owners
>>
>>46881668
q10 owner checking in. love it. gonna keep it until the new slider goes on sale.
>>
>>46881758
Have you experienced that double type issue?
>>
>>46881668
>Also, headcount of BB10 users here?
There's me. Q10 owner.

>Hear the keyboard's great.
It is, the only issue with it was that i had to hold a key for a pretty damn long time before i could put a diacritic sign, fixed in 10.3.1

>What else should i expect of BB10?
No apps. Seriously, the one of the few and the biggest downside to the platform.
It's not even near the god's forgotten microsoft store.
And while it's convenient to be able to install and use android apps, I don't consider them to be a good alternative. The performance issues are noticeable (they run like they would on android - meaning they run like shit)
>>
>>46881804
yep. after owning it for about two months it started and i was so pissed off, but i carried on using it and it just went away after about 3 weeks. works fine now with only occasional double typing
>>
>>46881827
Apps have never been an issue for me, as long as the browser works fine I'll live.

>>46881840
How does that even work? All keys press 2 times or just some of them?
>>
File: 20131016_140828.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20131016_140828.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>46881668
I had a q10 once, it was a nice phone and I love BB10 gestures and interface

but it just didn't work well with muh apps even with android sideloading. Needed google suite for work and BB google apps are shit tier. Android ones need android framework which I could never get working.

Also, I had the white q10, after having it in my blue jeans pocket on and off for like a week it started to turn blue on the back.
>>
>>46882048
I saw this tutorial from crackberry where someone got Play Services to work on BB10
>>
>>46881668
why not get a passport?
>>
>>46882067
I got it working on and off, but it was not reliable enough for me to use as my dd phone.

It would work for a few hours, then not work, I'd reinstall it, and then it would stop again in another few hours. Meanwhile even when it was working, I would constantly get notifications in hangouts / gmail / calendar that I needed to be running play services to use these.
>>
>>46882105
Because poorfag
>>
>>46881668
i've finally bought a passport 2 days ago,

but can't use Gmail apk in 10.3.1, can someone help me?

also, if i can't do it, is there any third party android app for mail that you all can recommend
>>
>>46882186
Gmail accounts work fine in the hub
>>
>>46882213
So just use the hub or any 3rd party app can you reccomend?
>>
>>46882186
The webapp?
>>
File: 1391674148836.jpg (55 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
1391674148836.jpg
55 KB, 520x800
>>46882265
use the hub
>>
>>46882265
It's personal preference but one of the main features of hub is unified messaging.
>>
File: lyl.jpg (35 KB, 372x314) Image search: [Google]
lyl.jpg
35 KB, 372x314
>>46882186
>Gmail apk
>on a fucking blackberry
>with the hub
>>
What apps do you guys usually use?
>>
>>46881668
i have Q10, love it. Easily best purchase i made in 2014.

>>46883617
system is pretty well-suited to begin with. I have
firefox for occasionally webm threads (default browser is great, but unfortunately it dosen't support webm);
snap;
google maps;
SSH;
and guitar tuner. That's all i need. (plus, of course, i have also psx emu, roms, few games, communicator, bus timetables, bank app - typical everyday apps)

Fun gimmick is "blueTouchPad". It works like generic bluetooth HID device, you can manipulate with everything by this app - from your everyday computer to android smartphones.
>>
>>46883730
Tell me about the emulators. Are they sideloaded apks or native bb10 apps?
>>
>>46881668
I just got a q10 last year(my first smartphone) I really nice, no complaints really.
>>
>>46883940
APKS ARENT SIDELOADED
IT'S NOT 10.2 ANYMORE
why does everyone things apks need to be sideloaded ;_;

anyway, emus i use - ppsspp and pcsx-rearmed are native BB10 programs. You can't find them in store because blackberry have some no-emu policy, but they're available on crackberry. You need to sideload them.

I've also tried few emulators from android store, they worked alright but didn't supported my keyboard.
>>
>>46881804

You will get it eventually. I owned a Q10 and this was a very common issue. Check the crackberry forums on this and there's a thread with thousands of replies about this same issue. The classic hasn't experienced this on such a large scale but it exists so don't expect it to not happen .
>>
Q10 is the better phone to get? Why not the classic?
>>
>>46884687
It's better, but not $250 better. Maybe $100 better at most.
>>
Posting from the passport I got today huehuehue, the keyboard would be damn perfect if it wasn't for this space bar
>>
>>46881668

q10 & z10 in the house
>>
File: New BB.jpg (32 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
New BB.jpg
32 KB, 640x427
>New blackberry announced
>slid keyboard
>in portrait mode

God damn it why ? Can't you fucking do one thing right for once ?

For fuck sake is a N900 style phone too much to ask for ?!

Fuck you BlackBerry, you're a bunch of autistic screw up, i hope you go bancrupt.
>>
>2015
>Blackberry

Youre all retarded.
>>
>>46886690
looks nice boss
>>
>>46886745
Why?
If it's a decent platform that they enjoy using who cares about the company or fads?
>>
>>46882186
Just add it as an account with IMAP to save mobile data
>>
>>46881668
hello guys, need some advice regarding my next phone.

i'm an android user, used to be a carefree student, consuming video content on my HTC phone.

for a few months now (since i've gotten a job), i've moved past that stage, using my phone mostly for whatsapp, reading emails and phone calls.

am contemplating between a classic and a passport. the only thing i'm having trouble with is whether the passport's trackpad-less style of usage is going to be a pain in the ass. the last BB i had was a bold 9900, and i loved the trackpad as it does what it does very well. i also love the alt and the shift keys on the full BB keyboard. am I going to have to adapt to alot of things if i got the passport? i'd have gotten the passport if it had a couple of symbol keys, i don't see myself entertaining the though of pressing the screen far away from where my thumbs naturally are when typing just to input a punctuation.

sorry for the long post.

tldr; classic, or passport? why?
>>
>>46890083
Classic. Passport shape and keyboard are awkward, especially for one handed use. Also the toolbelt is dank. The specs are lower but it's not a problem for BB10, as long as you're not trying to play games on it.
>>
>>46884536
Was it a deal breaking?
>>
>>46886690
>portrait keyboard
>tested and proven model for blackberry users
>having any thoughts of going landscape keyboard, ever
go and fuck yourself back to nokia, dumbass.
>>
Any luck with ad blocking? Tor works with orweb. Also, is there any way to root the android Emulator?
>>
>>46881668
Q10 reporting in.

Anyone have a list of all the macros? The only ones I have found are "br" and "rb"
>>
File: kim_kardashian_nude_selfie2.jpg (38 KB, 421x343) Image search: [Google]
kim_kardashian_nude_selfie2.jpg
38 KB, 421x343
>"Blackberry is the most secure phone", they said
>"you can make all the nude selfies you want, no one will ever be able to hack you", they said
>>
>>46891702
I don't really know much about the incident but couldn't the receiver or her have leaked it? Or it could have been hacked from a computer which the image was stored on.
>>
File: glide.jpg (20 KB, 426x554) Image search: [Google]
glide.jpg
20 KB, 426x554
>>46886690
>all of my jizz
>>
>>46891845
It's nice to see rim still putting out new phones and experimenting.
>>
>>46891702
kanye probably upload it himself.
>>
>>46891702

What the fuck are you talking about? Nobody bothers to hack Kim Kardashian, she releases all her nudes for free.
>>
>>46891702
>implying it wasn't kanye who uploaded them personally
>>
I keep reading all this nice shit about 10.3.1, but I'm not getting the update on my unlocked, amazon bought Q10. Fuck my life. I've even tried removing the sim, disabling wireless signal and rebooting, but no dice. I've heard about sachesi, but I don't want to ruin my phone or lose all the shit I have on it. Any help?
>>
>>46890083
Bruh the whole keyboard on a passport is a trackpad,
>>
>>46886690
one handed typing man
>>
>>46892932
this, i know. but it's really small, especially for up and down. do you use a passport? i really hope i can get some form of opinion from you, especially pertaining to how difficult it is to scroll down on the keyboard trackpad, and whether getting access to characters/numbers not on the keyboard is a PITA.
>>
>>46881668
Classic owner reporting in.

There are some things that BB does really really wrong (number formatting is rubish and bb maps don't really work well in my country) but overall it's a lot less frustrating than android - and that's what counts the most for me.

Can't wait for teh slider. I hope I can answer calls by sliding the phone as it seems to have no toolbelt
>>
>>46892403
Install leak. Leaks are even newer versions than official 10.3.1, when i've installed 10.3.1 leak on my q10 two weeks before official release i still had higher build number than official one.
>>
I made the decision to buy a Q10. Got it pretty cheap for 165€ in good condition. Hopefully once I get the Play Store running I can also use PowerAmp.
>>
>>46892949
Not that guy, but I think the height of the Passport's "trackpad" is much larger than the Classic.

Scrolling on it is really good and precise. It actually makes sense to rotate the device so you can scroll with the keyboard on the side.
>>
>>46892949
What do you mean really small? Literally the entire key board is capacitive. No I don't use one I've just researched the piss out of it. Because that's gonna be the phone I'm switching too
>>
>>46893025
>>46893171
like i've seen some reviews where if you scroll it while holding it in portrait, there's a chance the screen will register the tip of your thumb.

i'm reaaaaaally having a hard time choosing. the price difference between a classic and a passport in my country is a measly US$150. i think i should really go down to a BB store and give both a long good try.
>>
Did contact info get fucked up for anyone here after the latest OS update?
For some reason all of my contacts have empty info (no numbers or other details) and my recent received/dialed calls are all just numbers instead of names.
>>
Asking about doubletype again? Is it really bad?
>>
>>46893246
The last update was ok for me, but similar things happened in the past.

The phone should have reindexed all the data but it sounds like it failed on yours.

Try restarting the hub of giving it some time.
>>
>>46893281
i'm writing from my q10 rright now and i will not correct any double-type errror. i believe it's not really an issue, as you can see it's not too much of a problem, frankly i haven't noticed it until i've read about it on crackberry.
>>
>>46893308
Nice. I could live with something like that. What 4chan browser do you use? Clover?
>>
>>46893337
i'm browsing through, well, browser. I never felt any need of special 4chan client, web version is alright for me.
>>
>>46893354
Speking of that, how does the default browser fare?
>>
>>46893381
smooth as butter, very good html5 support, nice system integration like youtube that can be manipulated in background using volume keys/stop key(it's controlled exactly like music player when you'll minimize tab/browser), only thing it lacks is webm support. Every basic function is usually done very well in blackberry, and browser is one of basic functions.

I haven't felt any need of better browser except those webms.
>>
>>46893406
I read somewhere that firefox plays webms
>>
>>46893236
The classic has weak specs and a smaller screen and it does have the tiny trackpad, passport has the big screen but its 1440x1440 so something's don't scale right. With a nice size keyboard.really the full capacitive keyboard is what sealed me on it
>>
A free app from blackberry world called avplayer will play webms (need to download them first).
>>
Is the texture of the black q10 different from the white?
>>
>>46881804
i had it. sent it off for repair under warranty and they sent me a brand new phone. apparently if you're phone was made prior to 2014 it's likely to have the double type issues. not sure what the cut off date was, but they changed the design of the keyboard.
>>
File: IMG_20150307_131327.png (71 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150307_131327.png
71 KB, 768x1280
for games sideload retroarch
>>
>>46896012
Retroarch is pretty decent. There is also a muppen64 for blackberry 10. Android games like carmageddon or minecraft can be loaded as well.
>>
>>46896012
Is it the BB build(if there's any), or android build?
>>
>>46896921
BB Build as you can see with the UI elements
>>
>>46892403
Software releases are dependent on carrier. It's a personal inclination that once you've activated the phone with a sim, you're fucked for non-carrier updates through blackberry via wifi.
If you don't want to lose your stuff, your options are a non-destructive update through whatever leak you like or waiting for your glacial carrier to push the update.

Just back it up and use sachesi to install a leak...
>>
>>46893246
>>46893282 was on to something. Just give it some time and run it through daily restarts. Should be enough to fix it.
>>
>>46893911
gross.. just share the url to firefox......
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.