[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ use for coding? Me: webdev. - codeanywhere java/c++
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: code-anywhere-cloud-coding.png (50 KB, 600x189) Image search: [Google]
code-anywhere-cloud-coding.png
50 KB, 600x189
What does /g/ use for coding?

Me:
webdev. - codeanywhere
java/c++ - eclipse
Pycharm - python
c# - vs
>>
C++ : qt creator

Everything else : emacs
>>
>>44496435
Python: PyCharm
C++: Eclipse CDT
Bash: vim

Don't program in much else these days
>>
>>44496435
Python - vim/Notepad++
Java - IDEA
C++ - vim/eclipce+CDT
C# - VS
>>
Everything with Eclipse and Vim with the eclim plugin.
Allows you to get code completion and IDE's features inside of Vim.
>>
>>44496435
What do you guys use if you code on multiple computers? Do you use SVN or cloud editors?
>>
>>44496516
>What do you guys use if you code on multiple computers?
What a silly question, I install the same IDE on the other computer of course and use source version control for the source code.
>>
>>44496525
Why on earth would that be a silly question? I never used this before, I started doing this now, actually there are several people doing on same project. And I'm wondering what would be the best way to do it. I'm thinking of subversion.
>>
>>44496516
Visual Studio Online with GIT.

Because it's free, private and works nice with VS
>>
>>44496581
If you haven't tinkered with versioning systems before, I recommend using GIT. It's a little tougher to learn at the beginning, but the possibilites are much better compared to SVN and you will profit from it in the long run
>>
>>44496516
Git > SVN
I use git for myselfe and only used git for uni assignments but those were enough for me to prefere Git

for code itself: depends, you should aggree on one IDE or use something like CMake
if you use 'nix systems, just write proper makefiles, most IDEs are able to read them and people who prefere can just use toolchain without IDE
>>
>>44496644
ahh only used svn for assignments, derp
>>
Java : IntelliJ IDEA
C# : Visual Studio Express

Everything else : Notepad++
>>
Sublime text python
R r
>>
Java: IntelliJ IDEA
Everything else: Sublime Text
>>
I program directly in binary
>>
c++ : codeblocks
>>
C++ - Eclipse CDT w/ vim and valgrind plugins
C++11 is 99.8% working with Eclipse, and its pretty goddamn good for all the hate it gets.
>>
C: vim
Ruby: vim
Erlang: vim

Not even trolling.
>>
>>44496435
Scala or Java - IDEA
C/C++ - Eclipse CDT
The rest: Mostly vim.

>>44496516
Git, obviously.

Plus a command line build tool that works on all the affected platforms. Like sbt, buildbot, cmake, whatever I feel like using.
>>
C++ depends on the task and the OS. Xcode for OS X, VS on Windows, Qt Creator for Qt applications.
For Java I use eclipse. I tried Intellij, but I didn't really find anything I couldn't also do with Eclipse. In fact I think Intellij developers rely way too much on their IDE.
For C# I obviously use VS. No Resharper, but I hope the next version includes some of the refactoring features.
Obj-C and Swift should be clear.
For everything else I use atom.
>>
> autoconf/libtool

Why in the holy fuck does anyone use these shitty apps? They are supposed to be for "portability", then you get this constant "you don't have the right version of autoconf to compile this app".

Meanwhile, you see projects like nginx where they simply wrote portable fucking code in the first place and shit just works yo.
>>
Geany for everything lel
>>
Vim for everything.
>>
>>44496516
SSH
>>
wow I just wanted to make this thread. god bless you, op.
>>
REMEMBER TO SAGE, REPORT, AND HIDE ALL BLOG THREADS, THEY ARE THE WORST CANCER
>>
>>44496871
Retard
>>
>>44496435
I would rather sit and stare at a blank wall than code.
>>
>>44496884
Okay?
>>
>>44496728
Have they finally fixed autocomplete?
>>
>>44496846
lal
>>
Python: PyCharm
C/C++: MS Visual Studio, QtCreator for Qt programs
>>
eclipse - geany
sublime - anything else
>>
Visual Studio, Notepad++ for quick editing.
>>
I don't get /g/, every single day there are threads with ridiculing Visual Studio and now i see a lot of people actually use it, wtf?
>>
>>44497010

>every single day there are threads with ridiculing Visual Studio

I have never seen such a thread.
>>
>notepad++
Haskell
>VS
C#, C++

I used eclipse for java but fuck that pos language.
>>
File: 1396676573105.jpg (35 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1396676573105.jpg
35 KB, 500x341
>>44497010
It's almost like /g/ is one person posting multiple times
>>
>>44496435
scripting : npp
coding : whatever IDE fits best (example Android Eclipse IDE)
>>
>>44497055
ok, but i've never seen such polarization when it comes to VS. It's one day total shit and the other day everyone uses it for ERRYTHING (seen shitload of people using it for c++, not only c#) and no one saying it's shit
>>
Webdev - Vim
C - Vim
C++ - Vim
Python - Vim
Ruby - Vim
>>
C: Xcode
Scheme: DrRacket
>>
Java - IDEA
C# - VS + Resharper
JS/CSS/HTML/PHP - SublimeText
>>
>>44497010

because you can do pretty much everything you want in VS2013, besides the usual stuff it now comes with a javascript debugger, git integration, gpu usage and UI response profiling, god mode intellisense, and so on. actually you're the autist here for thinking VS is stuck in the bast, what's the latest version you used? 2008? some of us went beyond coding skiddie fizzbuzz tests to actually creating and maintaining a piece of software with UI and everything from start to finish. sorry for not being unemployable and using QT or whatever the fuck freetards use this days. also nobody payed jackshit for it, nine out of ten people here got it from dreamspark.
>>
Java/php/html-css - Netbeans
>>
>>44497103
>Webdev - Emacs
>C - Emacs
>C++ - Emacs
>Python - Emacs
>Ruby - Emacs

ftfy
>>
>>44497103
youre mum - Vim
>>
C/C++ - Sublime Text 3 + g++
>>
>>44496435
Javascript
Bash
C
C++
Object Pascal
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.