[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't the Tox devs making Tox threads any more? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 15
File: tox-im-logo.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tox-im-logo.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Why aren't the Tox devs making Tox threads any more? It is because of the IP exposure scandal?

Does Bleep really hide you better than Tox?
>>
>>44023085
TOX is safe.
/thread
>>
>>44023085
Probably because every time they do instead of people contributing or giving ideas its just shitposting and shilling about muh ip address. If you really are interested in tox, look on the website or the subreddit.
also
>security
>proprietary program
Pick one
>>
>>44023104
>TOX is safe.

Yet to be proven
>>
Because it's just constant shitposting now. If you want to talk to them, they're always active on IRC taking in suggestions
>>
>>44023085
They want to drift away from 4chan, because association with 4chan makes it look bad in the media.
>>
>>44023405
I'd say it's more because it's just not worth it anymore as it's just constantly ip shit.

Always welcome on IRC if you have ideas or problems you want voiced
>>
>>44023459
Aren't you the Android Tox dev who makes people register their Tox ID on a social media site by default via your app? What is wrong with you?
>>
It's because of the constant shitposting by people like yourself.
Asking /g/ to not shitpost is asking obese children with no self-control not to eat cake that's put in front of them and left alone.
Good job, you fucking retard.
>>
>>44023085
>Does Bleep really hide you better than Tox?

Would you rather give your IP address to a server you don't know access to your ip? They are hiding it from someone you know, so they can give it to someone you don't. Smart.
>>
>>44023904
>Would you rather give your IP address to a server you don't know access to your ip?

Don't we all? I'd rather give my IP address to 4chan than everybody who uses 4chan.
>>
>>44024304
Why do you keep bumping your shitty thread? The solution is to
a) not add retards on 4chan
or b) run tox through tor
This isn't hard, you fucking retard. Go slit your wrists. The whole point of Tox was decentralization. Bleep is centralized.
>>
>>44024304
then why use bleep rather than skype?
>>
ITT: Paranoid morons
>>
>>44024326
>then why use bleep rather than skype?

Because it emphasizes security and has voice calling and filesharing without dealing with Microsoft.
>>
>>44024399
except you deal with another third party who also gives your information to companies and agencies
>>
>>44024399
Skype is also focused on security. In fact, they say it's one of their top priorities if you take them at your word. It's still a centralized, backdoored piece of shit with ads and datamining your text conversations though.
>>
>>44023085
because everyone who gives a shit about Tox has gotten bored of your autism and left to be productive in IRC and grouptoxes, where we don't have to be subjected to your lack of understanding networking, english, and how to click a button to install Tor
>>
>>44024426
their word*
>>
>>44024425
>another third party who also gives your information to companies and agencies

This has yet to be proven.
>>
>>44024449
So we shouldn't use tox because the security hasn't been proven, and we should blindly trust bleep because it hasn't been proven malicious
nice cognitive dissonance
btw bitttorrent labs are proud collaborators with the MAFIAA
>>
>>44024449
bittorrent inc. have yet to verifiably state that their centralized server stores no logs of metadata from routing communications. all we have are promises, much like promises we had from microsoft which were undeniably false.
>>
>>44024426
>Skype is also focused on security.

Nope. Skype doesn't say that even they can't read your messages. They only say you are secure from snooping via SSL connections. Bittorrent Inc explicitly says even they can't read your messages due to end-to-end encryption.
>>
>>44024473
>>So we shouldn't use tox because the security hasn't been proven, and we should blindly trust bleep because it hasn't been proven malicious
>nice cognitive dissonance

I would trust a real company like Bittorrent over a bunch of kids who can't even say their real name online and use monikers like "irungentoo"
>>
>>44024473
>btw bitttorrent labs are proud collaborators with the MAFIAA

I love how people keep repeating this shit I posted on /g/ for months thanks to those Torrentfreak links.
>>
>>44024473
look dude i hate all these disinfo retards shitposting but Bittorrent labs never collaborated with the MPAA

just google the story instead of spouting what you saw on here. they got there named tied up in it. they never once gave information to them
>>
>>44024495
Because companies have your interests at heart :^)
Especially ones that "proudly" collaborate with the lobbyists that are openly responsible for sending you to jail because they don't like the state of some of your transistors, they're definitely the ones invested in protecting your encrypted speech.
>>
>>44024513
>look dude i hate all these disinfo retards shitposting but Bittorrent labs never collaborated with the MPAA

I know. I'm the guy who posted that "uTorrent = you go to jail" image for months with those Torrentfreak links. All you have to do is post something enough with a scary looking link from a legit site and /g/ will believe it.
>>
>>44024479
And if we take your logic, that metadata matters, then bleep can't make such promises because it's centralized.

Either way I'm tired of feeding you. Fuck off you stupid retard. Thanks for shitting up Tox threads eternally by pretending to be retarded. I bet you laugh and laugh how many replies you get to your fucking retarded shit. Worthless faggot.
>>
>>44024582
Stop acting like the IP issue isn't a problem.
>>
>>44024573
>>44024513
http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/22614-utorrent-mpaa/
three word google query got me this, if you took five minutes you could see how they over and over bend over and talk about how they're dedicated to opposing 'piracy' of pixels
>>
>>44024591
https://www.torproject.org/
and bam the problem is solved, you literal autist
/thread
>>
>>44024591
The IP "issue" (not that it was ever an issue) was fixed weeks ago. Just turn on TCP only mode in Tox and your IP address is kept hidden from your friends.

If you are going to troll, at least keep up with the project.
>>
ITT: Bloop shilling
>>
>>44024598
>if you took five minutes you could see how they over and over bend over and talk about how they're dedicated to opposing 'piracy' of pixels

Because they are a legit company. If they explicitly encouraged piracy, they would be sued, you retard.
>>
>>44024622
>Just turn on TCP only mode in Tox and your IP address is kept hidden from your friends.

Got proof of that?
>>
>>44024653
https://blog.libtoxcore.so/
And test it yourself, shillberg.
>>
>>44024630
Oh, they're totally just covering their asses and secretly actually care about you. THAT'S why their new super savetheworld messenger is secret-sourced and server-side :^)
>>
>>44024653
Lead developer irungentoo said it on IRC yesterday. You've already seen that though because you're the same troll.

The docs make it pretty clear: https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/blob/master/docs/TCP_Network.txt

If you still don't believe me just read the source for yourself. (good luck doing the same for Bleep)
>>
File: 1409797262454.png (243 KB, 452x456) Image search: [Google]
1409797262454.png
243 KB, 452x456
>>44023085
>mfw there has not been a Tox thread in a long enough time since the last one you spammed that you made your own Tox thread so you can spam it
>>
Can somebody explain why uTox looks so ugly? Why can't the devs implement nice fonts, formatting, and decent looking buttons?
>>
>>44023085
>Why aren't the Tox devs making Tox threads any more? It is because of the IP exposure scandal?
No, it's because it's a terrible time to be associated with 4chan.
>>
>>44024805
Because literally all of it is hardcoded in C. Stop using a client made by autists who have said themselves they don't give a shit about making it look nice.
>>
>>44024811
That's only because normalfags are retards. The pics were leaked on anonib.
>>
>>44024841
I am going to probably end up using Bleep when it goes stable anyway. My friends and I are pretty excited about it.
>>
>>44024886
That's some pretty obvious. I hope you're not paid a lot, because it's not quality shilling.
>>
>>44024886
yep, irungentoo is a faggot for propping up utox. all this media attention and he props up a client with worse than OpenSSL code quality.
>>
>>44024925
>yep, irungentoo is a faggot for propping up utox.

I just don't get why its so hard to make a nice UI. Even Bleep alpha looks better.

Also, but the time uTox goes 1.0, Bleep will probably be on version 1.5 or something with millions of users. They need to stop this fragmentation shit.
>>
>>44024966
qTox is the future
>>
I thought the point of Tox was that it was IP to IP without any middlemen, so that's how it was secure?
>>
Will qTox ever work on OSX?
Is there any up to date frontend for OSX? Poison is not being worked on.
>>
>>44025030
You're not mistaken. Just some shills trying to trick gnewfags.
>>
>>44025030
Yes, there are no central servers siphoning your data. OP is just trying really hard to get people not to like Tox, or maybe he just thinks he's a super rusemaster. The fact of the matter is that if he's just too stupid to install Tor and use Tox over it if he doesn't want his IP being seen, that's his problem, and his claims are akin to saying that web browsers are broken for giving your IP to websites. Same solution, use Tor and it's all fixed.
>>
>>44025110
>my web browser gives my IP to every server it connects to! (hundreds per page depending on trackers and ads)
Solution: use Tor
>Tox give my IP to my ten friends!
Solution: use Tor
>>
>>44025030
>I thought the point of Tox was that it was IP to IP without any middlemen, so that's how it was secure?

Is the encryption is solid, and the client is open source, what does it matter how many middlemen it goes through?
>>
>>44025200
>middleman keeps everything until quantum computers are affordable
>>
I'm with a group right now that needs group videoconferencing and as much as I'd love to shill tox, it just doesn't do that currently. Even if it did, the lack of an autoupdating and stable client would still make it a bad choice. It kills me, it really does. But I have to recommend Skype to them until there's videconferencing and a stable client. :(
>>
>>44025043
https://github.com/stal888/Poison/tree/master
It's being worked on, there just aren't any builds yet.
>>
>>44025868
doesn't the client prompt you to update when you launch it? I've seen it do it this afternoon when I launched it.

At the moment they are working on group voip/video as >>44025881 mentions.
>>
>>44025890
>prompt you to update
Meaning? "Please download an update"? I've never encountered this. And when I say autoupdate I mean silently in the background.
>the client
You mean uTox, the least-polished of many many unfinished clients? uTox is irrelevant to my org's needs. We have people on Macs, iPhones, Droids, and PCs who all need to videochat, and no, uTox for Android doesn't cut it.
I'd really like to use Tox but things just aren't ready yet.
>>
>>44025971
>I'd really like to use Tox but things just aren't ready yet.
Pretty much true.
If you need anything other than text chat, Tox probably won't work for you right now.
>>
>>44025285
>middleman keeps everything until quantum computers are affordable

And I'm long dead.
>>
>>44026005
1-1 calls are fine for me and the savvy gf, don't get me wrong. But I'm not going to be troubleshooting and updating this shit for twenty people every day, that's all. In the end it'll be easy and beautiful, the interfaces just aren't there yet.
Good luck guys, I'll keep using it personally and recommending it to people who're okay with being alpha users.
>>
File: 1392705829296.png (99 KB, 540x476) Image search: [Google]
1392705829296.png
99 KB, 540x476
>>44023085

>/g/ is perfectly fine with irc showing their IP

>Suddenly its scandalous when another software does it

Explain yourselves.
>>
>>44026091
IRC is not end to end encrypted or totally secure as Tox claims to be.
>>
>>44026151
So... Tox is more secure than IRC and THIS is the problem. I see.
>>
>>44026209
Tox should hide your IP as well because otherwise its useless to a place like 4chan and many other people out there who need anonymity.

IRC was never designed to be secure.
>>
>>44026230
Why can't you use Tor?
>>
>>44026230
Hiding your IP means onions. What would be more secure: a tor network composed of only tox nodes, or the real existing tor network? Just install Tor and run Tox through it.
Tor will never be the default because it renders AV completely inoperable.
>>
>>44026258
>it renders AV completely inoperable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UguNbT4CXic

Are you talking about latency, bandwidth, or both?
>>
File: fedorta.png (43 KB, 1366x588) Image search: [Google]
fedorta.png
43 KB, 1366x588
>TOX
install cryptocat, join installgentoo
>>
File: TOX_EXPERIENCE.png (646 KB, 1260x892) Image search: [Google]
TOX_EXPERIENCE.png
646 KB, 1260x892
>>44023085
/thread
>>
Tox IS safe. It 'leaks" (notice the negative connotation here) your IP to people you already trust IE it's fucking fine. People who can see it have to be your friends. No one can see who you are talking to or what your saying.

As for bleep it's proprietary and Utorrent already has malware in it. You will NEVER know if bleep is actually secure at all or if you're being data mined

And finally, TOX devs probably got tired of all the trolls and shit posting in their thread. I wouldn't blame them since people are so easily mislead, this IP thing was am ace in the whole for people to fuck with others.

TL;DR TOX is secure.
>>
>>44026443
That wasn't live,
>>
>>44026489
>People who can see it have to be your friends

What if I want to talk to strangers? You know, like how I'm talking to you?
>>
>>44027094
Tox is meant for the purpose of keeping whatever conversations YOU have safe and out if reach from others. If you want to add strangers it's up to you to trust them to keep whatever you say to them to themselves. Only through one of you leaking conversations would it be insecure, IE humans fault. Not the program.

Either way none of these are excuses for using bleep.
>>
>>44026478
geez, i'll never let my dog use tox
>>
>>44027169
>>geez, i'll never let my dog use tox

I just laughed for a minute straight at this. Fuck.
>>
/me support when?
>>
>>44027432
A year ago.
>>
>>44024886
>>44024966
https://encrypted.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=Bittorrent%20bleep&tbs=imgo:1#
It looks like fucking Tox. It seriously looks like a green fucking copy of Tox.
>>
>>44027432
>>44027934
#rekt
>>
Isn't the point of Tox privacy? Why care about anonymity if the people you're going to talk to already know you? Since it's p4p why do you care about your IP being "shared"? Same shit happens with torrents and no one gives a shit.
>>
>>44028039
ding ding ding we have a winrar
congrats captain obvious
>>
I'm a bit stupid, but how do I login to the same account on different machines?

Atm all my contacts have me twice, one account for my laptop and one for my desktop
>>
From what I heard, Proplex took over all public facets of Tox. It seems like he's nuking anything that would harm Tox, such as /g/ threads and shitposting. It would explain why the Twitter account has life now besides just the developer's blog updates.

Tox could've really fixed 4chan's bad rep if you all didn't shitpost 24/7 about it for no reason. You guys have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
File: 1399492454098.jpg (16 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1399492454098.jpg
16 KB, 250x240
>>44027169
>>
>>44028122
Good, Proplex is amazing and has even made stqism and irungentoo stop bitching mid-argument before. Glad he's got the reigns of PR again
>>
What IRC are they on?
>>
>>44028122
It would also explain: https://blog.libtoxcore.so/397/warrant-canary-updated-changes

Proplex is trying to throw some professionalism in Tox and it seems to be working.
>>
>>44028120
Copy your tox profile to the other computer from the first one
It's in ~/.config/tox
or somewhere in appdata on windows
right now being logged in on two things at the same time is "undefined" meaning shit is gonna not work
eventually multi-device will be super easy, the framework is in place, it's just people are working on groupchat right now
>>
Bleep is doing what tox is avoiding- giving all your details to a centralised server.
Tox is anti-NSA.
Bleep is pro-NSA.
>>
>>44028169
What IRC are they on?
>>
>>44028122
Fucking finally. Irungentoo is an autistic code monkey who's a giant manchild. He knows how to program but all hope is lost the moment he opens his mouth.

If Tox starts to filter everything through Proplex, it might actually turn into something professional.
>>
File: 1386040694353.jpg (27 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
1386040694353.jpg
27 KB, 290x350
Everyone exposes their IP address while downloading torrents and no one on /g/ ever complained about it. It's necessary to give your IP when you want to transfer large amount of data directly to someone (in case of torrents and voice calls) without centralized server. So Tox connections are SECURE thanks to end-to-end encryption, but no one never ever mentioned they will be ANONYMOUS. It should be used to connect with someone you trust (like Skype).

Why is it so hard to understand folks?
>>
>>44028292
>>44023085
Meant for OP.
>>
>>44028179
Thanks a bunch.

You seem pretty knowledgeable, do you know if there are any plans for persistent group chat? I guess being peer2peer it would be pretty hard to share previous messages unless there was Atleast on person online in the chat at all times.

Kinda miss that feature from Skype, I've got group chats there I've been in for years
>>
>>44023085
>Does Bleep really hide you better than Tox?

Bleep doesn't hide you, period.

Tox can be used over tor if you need anonymity. Also, if you use TCP-only mode then you are as effectively "anonymous" in the bleep sense. That is, your friends don't know your IP, but nodes do.

Either way, even considering using proprietary software for security and/or anonymity makes you a complete idiot.
>>
>>44028363
I don't see the problem with contacts gettingyour ip what are you doing iming people who would do bad things with it?

I thought the security was to block outsiders peering in.

If you want to chat with the nsa use encrypted email
>>
>>44028355
It ~should~ be possible with the new groupchat structure, but you'd have to talk to henotba and landwellsong about that.
I definitely want that feature too
>>
>>44028391
>I thought the security was to block outsiders peering in.

Correct. Private communications is the whole purpose of Tox. It was never meant to be tor-chat.

That said, the option is there for people who want it. For example a journalist or whistle-blower or what have you has legitimate reason to want to be anonymous (e.g. how can they be sure they're not talking to authorities or someone who will sell them out)
>>
>>44028429
I mean sure if it's feasible put it in, I was poking around getting my contacts ips for shits and giggles, not hard.

But there are plenty of other options for fully anonymous chat so it's not a great concern for me.

Won't complain if it's in, won't complain if it's out
>>
>>44028459
Well the IP "outrage" was just a couple of shills (maybe even just one) spamming the shit out of every tox thread. An IP is useless unless you're FBI/NSA.
>>
>>44028494
Useless for finding people but you can still fuck with them.

I'm not concerned, Skype does it too and I imagine most other p2p chat clients.

Just don't add shady fucks, and when you get to the big boys league for needing privacy use email.
>>
>>44028508
>Just don't add shady fucks, and when you get to the big boys league for needing privacy use email.
or just use it through tor like we've been saying all thread
>>
>>44028508
>Skype does it too

Skype is much worse. You just need to know someone's username to get their IP.
>>
>>44024326
Skype also give them your IP address any way.
>>
>>44024705
So with TCP, it's bootstrap nodes that obfuscate ips? I'd rather use UDP and know that my friends have my ip than letting a bootstrap node knowing both my ip and my friends' ip.
>>
File: firefox shills getting BTFO.png (87 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
firefox shills getting BTFO.png
87 KB, 575x575
Daily reminder
>>
>>44023085
This is the most shillest shill thread I've ever seen
>>
>>44030662
Do you even know what a shill is?
>>
>>44030638
thank god i'm using google chrome
>>
>>44030671
Yes fagget, no one cares about Bleep
>>
File: chrome shills getting BTFO.png (123 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
chrome shills getting BTFO.png
123 KB, 575x575
>>44030677
>>
>>44030683
I'm starting to feel like every browser is giving away my IP
>>
>>44030703
Yeah, seems like a common thing among most network applications.
>>
>ip scandal

how does p2p work
>>
>>44028363
>That is, your friends don't know your IP, but nodes do.
Don't nodes know your IP anyway? Also, can't clients act as TCP relays?
>>
>>44028292
>Everyone exposes their IP address while downloading torrents and no one on /g/ ever complained about it

That's not sensitive communications, now, is it?
>>
>>44032675
You are probably downloading copyrighted material and everyone knows exactly what you're downloading.
>>
>>44032728
sorry but i'm private tracker master race.
>>
Why are you fags so obsessed over privacy?

Scared that you're mom will find your scat folder or see you cybering with your gay neighbor?
>>
>>44031651
They could but apparently they don't. You need to keep in mind that your IP is useless information in a large crowd of IPs communicating with eachother seemingly at random (onion routing) but it becomes very important metadata once you can connect the dots of who's talking to who. Tox is not currently using onion routing (or anything similar) which makes this a glaring security bug. I did not expect this from the same people who want to inject random packets to thwart data density analysis which can reconstruct human speech without ever looking at the contents of the data.
>>
>>44032856
>Tox is not currently using onion routing (or anything similar) which makes this a glaring security bug.
Tox does use onion routing for DHT, so who is talking with who metadata cannot be grabbed with participating nodes.
>>
>>44032748
>it's a sekrit club so it's secure
You know anyone can get in the same way you did?
>>
>>44033028
So? An invite system is better than a public tracker, and there's a staff of people whose job it is keep out anybody who monitors them.

Sounds like you are jelly as fuck.
>>
>>44033113
Yeah, it's better, but it's still out in the open.
>>
>>44033188
That's like saying the NSA is out in the open because you can see their building.
>>
>>44033215
But the guards will let you in if you ask them nicely.
>>
>>44033241
You mean you have to be invited in.
>>
>>44031151
ask 4plebbit
>mfw we dont know shit yet we wanna make a p2p image board
>>
>>44033266
No, I did not mean that.
>>
Trying to make a menu system but I keep getting errors. Something along the lines of this.

#!/bin/bash

#

echo -n "Welcome to TeZ (tacacs EZ)

PS3='Please enter your choice: '
options=("Option 1" "Option 2" "Option 3" "Quit")
select opt in "${options[@]}"
do
case $opt in
"Option 1")
echo "you chose choice 1"
;;
"Option 2")
echo "you chose choice 2"
;;
"Option 3")
echo "you chose choice 3"
;;
"Quit")
break
;;
*) echo invalid option;;
esac
done
>>
>>44032856
Only your friends can see your ip, only your friends. There is no way to motorize the whole tox network. There was a metadata leak last year but it was fixed ages ago.
>>
>>44034664
>motorize
>monitorize*
>>
>>44023085
>exposure scandal
Because /g/ is a bunch of hopeless faggots who can't into P2P
>>
>>44024473

https://torrentfreak.com/BitTorrent-and-mpaa-join-forces

>BitTorrent Founder and CEO Bram Cohen and Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (MPAA) Chairman and CEO Dan Glickman announced today that the motion picture industry and BitTorrent, Inc. are collaborating with the goal of inhibiting film piracy.

Apparently you can go from that to MPAA BUYS BITTORRENT if you wish hard enough.

8 or 9 years ago, Bittorrent inc signed a non-exclusive deal with the film studios to promote and distribute films right from bittorrent.com legally. Note how this is a bit different from "MPAA buys bittorrent".

Suffice it to say, it didnt work out mainly because the studios were tight as fuck with their content as usual, and bittorrent gave up and changed tactics. Unfortunately the attempt stuck in the minds of retards as some sort of buyout, and over the last 9 years its gone around like chinese whispers to the point that the current crop of retards parroting UTORRENT=MPAA dont even know where they heard it or if its even true.

Now bittorrent promotes torrents as a way for indy creators to get stuff out there. Apart from being MPAA owned or some shit, theyre actually trying to bypass them all together. Theyve been pumping out rhetoric to the effect of "fuck gatekeepers" for years.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/23/bittorrent_mpaa_deal/

They also agreed to try and block pirate films from the torrent search engine that used to run on bittorrent.com an EON ago in internet time. Hardly a fucking buyout.

What actually happened is that bittorrent inc bought utorrent codebase from ludde around the same time in order to make it into the official client, so with this unfortunate timing cretins heard BITTORRENT and MPAA and BUYOUT around the same time from 2 different stories and jumped to conclusions, and of course no one ever checks fucking facts for anything ever.

The whole thing is close to the status of an urban legend now, snopes should get on this shit.
>>
>>44026091
That is a terrible design for blotter. like I want to be looking at stern, condescending Porky Pig while I'm trying to figure out if I have taken too much.
>>
>>44030683
This is actually partially false. If you turn on Chromes web compression feature it hides your IP and makes the Internet faster.
>>
>>44036255
By using Eric's asshole as a VPN.
>>
>>44025187
>10 friends
I think you have vastly overestimated the majority of /g/ ser
>>
Proplex really stepped up his game. Don't know what happened, but he seems to be everywhere now.

He's the Lohle guy, right?
>>
>>44027169
ayy
>>
>>44038351
yes
>>
>>44038351
Stqism is on a giant ego rush and really needs to be kicked out of the project. He's doing a lot more harm than good.

irungentoo is Wozniak, not a Jobs and therefore is incompetent to handle speaking with others without sounding like a racist, bigoted manchild with autism.

Which leaves Proplex. He just lounged around for awhile taking care of some PR related issues but as of recently, if posts here are to be believed, he's now in charge of everything not code related. Which means all public relations issues, recruiting, networking, and basic "professionalization" of Tox. Looks like he's doing a good job so far, since he took over Tox has been all over the news. According to anons above the social network accounts are also being leveraged too, and he's making a lot of contributions to the Wiki.

Proplex for CEO.
>>
>>44038921
You even brought up something I was thinking about earlier.

If we're comparing Tox to Apple's start (and in no means to I intend to imply they are this great and influential), then irungentoo is the Wozniak like you said and Proplex is the Jobs.

Which means Proplex will go down as the leader, founder, and creator of Tox. Not that I mind, he seems to have a solid head on his shoulders, but does irungentoo care? It's his project, would he get upset if all this media overage starts pointing to Lohle as the entire head of the project? If yes, then how do they handle it properly?
>>
>>44039007
It's always been that case. The more vocal and socially dominant figure in a company goes down as the hallmark of said unit. The face of the product is always considered the most important, even if that person doesn't do much.

The real issue is if irungentoo becomes a whiny crybaby about not being the forefront. If he knows what's good for Tox's future, he's going to let Proplex take the reigns and let him take care of decision making and product management while he himself focuses on making Tox better. That way he'll show that he's actually committed to the project for good reasons. However, if he goes and cries and wants more attention, then we can all walk away from Tox with the understanding this was all a giant ego trip for irungentoo. If the past is any indication, I don't think that'll be the case. Irungentoo seems to understand what's what.
>>
File: BxBzv3PCEAA9NXe.jpg (56 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BxBzv3PCEAA9NXe.jpg
56 KB, 600x800
>>44039099
Apparently this is Proplex's door. Seems like he's pretty vocal about what he does. It's nice to see someone's dedication to their project.

https://twitter.com/ProjectTox/status/509034043670036481
>>
>>44039224
>their project

See? It's already happening. People are starting to align Tox with Proplex and being his thing.
>>
>>44039288
Not that it really matters. The past month has been a really high moment for Tox with all the media coverage. If Proplex keeps it up, he may just launch Tox into the forefront of the American conscious. If that happens, I don't think I'll really care who gets the credit, I'll just be happy that we now have a serious alternative to Skype and a way to mitigate drag nets.
>>
Today I heard someone talking about tox at uni. "cool but still lacks some features" or something like that.

Keep your good media coverage guys.
>>
>>44028009
>It seriously looks like a green fucking copy of Tox.

It looks better than Tox.
>>
>>44028494
>An IP is useless unless you're FBI/NSA.

What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>44038921
>irungentoo is Wozniak, not a Jobs and therefore is incompetent to handle speaking with others without sounding like a racist, bigoted

I like him already.
>>
File: goolying.jpg (3 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
goolying.jpg
3 KB, 300x57
>>44040246
>bubble chat
>looks better than tox
I don't think so.

also captcha
>>
>>44040383
>implying the Bleep client doesn't look like a real professional client compared to the amateur garbage Tox looks like
>>
>>44040383
Pic related makes uTox look like absolute shit.

Can't notsecure find a decent designer on /g/?
>>
>>44039338
>>44039288
>>44039099
>>44039007

The Proplexization of Tox.
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>44040510
Looks like iOS 7 mixed with metro, looks like shit.
>>
>>44040510
>on /g/
The design is from /gd/ go tell it to them, if you think it's shit.
>>
File: utox.png (77 KB, 766x670) Image search: [Google]
utox.png
77 KB, 766x670
>>44040534
>Looks like iOS 7 mixed with metro

That's a million times better than this trash.
>>
>>44040576
That's an old version you faggot.
>>
File: ss.png (38 KB, 789x684) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
38 KB, 789x684
>>44040576
>gurrhubbhufdhuhurrrrrrrdurrrrrrrrr
^sounds leik u
>>
>>44040560
>The design is from /gd/

Well they clearly have no idea what they are doing because Tox looks like a GTK program from 2000.

The text formatting is terrible and cluttered, the buttons look like they were pasted on with MS paint, and it doesn't even look like a finished UI at all.
>>
>>44040625
>like a finished UI at all

Hey guys, I think he finally understood what the word "alpha" means.
>>
/gd/ opinion on bleep http://archive.moe/gd/thread/163717/#168202

>>44040625
Design isn't finished yet. It's on Continual Improvement.
>>
>>44040608
That's a mockup. uTox doesn't look like that at all. Bleep looks the way it does from real screenshots.
>>
>>44040677
>/gd/ opinion on bleep

Which doesn't matter because they came up with the monstrosity that is uTox right now.
>>
>>44040777
>That's a mockup. uTox doesn't look like that at all. Bleep looks the way it does from real screenshots.
That's the point of a mockup. This is the goal. Utox is only an alpha project. Tox WILL looks like the mockup eventually.

>>44040792
>Which doesn't matter because they came up with the monstrosity that is uTox right now.
/gd/ didn't made utox, only the mockup
>>
File: firefox-wb-logo.png (891 KB, 2114x2196) Image search: [Google]
firefox-wb-logo.png
891 KB, 2114x2196
Why aren't the Firefox devs making Firefox threads any more? It is because of the IP exposure on visiting web addresses scandal?

Does Chrome really hide you better than Firefox?
>>
>>44024622
Stupid question: why isn't that enabled by default?
>>
>>44040862
>>That's the point of a mockup. This is the goal. Utox is only an alpha project. Tox WILL looks like the mockup eventually.

But the mockup looks like shit. The body text on conversations looks like shit, the buttons look like an MS paint paste job, and the avatars are even inconsistent from convo to list. Everything on that mockup looks like it was cut and pasted together. It looks fucking terrible.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.