[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smartphone fags on suicide watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (317 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
317 KB, 1242x2208
https://www.devever.net/~hl/nosecuresmartphone
>>
>>52429052
For your phone to work you need to be trackable. Nothing new.
>>
Noooo they're going to spy on my memes. Gtfo normies.
>>
>>52429052
This is nothing new, I was posting on /g/ about this a little more than half a year ago. Some baseband firmware that has been audited has been found to allow for the automatic execution of code sent over the air without any security measures whatsoever.

>>52429110
>For your phone to work you need to be trackable
This isn't just them being able to track your location, it's them being able to potentially access all the data on your phone and run their own code at a lower level than the OS even functions at.
>>
You know your graphics card in your pc up until win10 (and even then it's optional) doesn't support IOMMU either.
>>
>willingly carrying a tracking and surveillance device
>using nonfree software at all ever for any reason

the first wave of snowden leaks was the last straw for me
what more will it take for you to care and make a change in how you live /g/?
>>
>>52429508
The problem is that there are no phones that run all free software.
>>
>>52429567
Neo900 but it's ungodly expensive, they're estimating the final MSRP to be around €1200
>>
>>52429567
just get rid of your phone entirely
freedom aside, my quality of life has improved notably since i did
>>
>>52429052

>freetard paranoia is ruining /g/
>>
>>52429052
Fake and gay
>>
>>52429385
It cost $2000 and you need to be near the target. And they need to be using GSM which nobody uses anymore.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.