[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ i just got my first space flight sim style game yesterday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: images (7).jpg (5 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
5 KB, 280x180
hey /g/ i just got my first space flight sim style game yesterday. its called Elite dangerous. obviously this isnt /v/ but i am not askin about the game more of the hard ware. im looking for the best joystick on the market for around 50-60 bucks. the controls for this game are expansive so i would need alot of keys to bind them to. im currently looking between the thrustmaster, mad catz, and logitech brands. they all have lower teir controllers but which brand is best. any experiences. i like the thrust master and logitech cuz the mad catz looks so over the top. whats your opinion /g/.
>>
The HOTAS in your picture is great and cheap for entry level OP and works well with elite dangerous. Keep in mind that many of the secondary functions in that game can be performed through the menu inside the cockpit so you don't necessarily need to bind everything available.
>>
I heard that the Thrustmaster T-flight are a pretty good entry level hotas. Altough i'm currently using the extreme 3d pro from Logitech and they're pretty good too considering I paid them like 35$.
>>
>>52229529
OP pic is a good stick, I have it myself. Sucks that there's no mapping software for it however for older games. Not a problem with new games though.

I wouldn't recommend the extreme 3d logitech stick that a lot of people do. It's true that what >>52229581 said about the price being good, but spend the 20 bucks more for the Thrustmaster. If you compare the two, you'll find that the Thrustmaster is nice and smooth at the center and all around, yet the logitech one is stiff at the very center and makes things a pain in the ass for very slight movement.

I will say though, the Thrustermaster in your pic has some weird button placement on the stick and the throttle. Only thing I don't like about it.
>>
>>52229529
hit up ebay and try to find the saitek shit cheap

can usually be found under $100 for the lower end gear

one day i will own the warthog set
one day
>>
Thrustmaster HOTAS X is the best you can get under $100. Check EBay as it's the most popular starter so people sell it when they upgrade.
>>
>>52229571
What this guy said. As nice as it might seem having every command binded, using the monitors to the left and right side of the cockpit is actually a lot more fun and immersive.

From my personal experience I haven't wanted or needed any more buttons than the 3D Logitech provides. That said, >>52229852 makes a very good point about the stiffness of the stick and I wouldn't actually recommend it despite owning it myself. If you can afford to spend the extra money I'd go for a better alternative.

TLDR, don't buy the Extreme 3D Logitech but don't feel feel like you need a shit ton of buttons either.
>>
Are there any joysticks for Xbone or PS4
>>
>>52229529
Don't get a HOTAS for Elite Dangerous i had one and it was a pain in the ass since the game itself is not made to be played with mouse and keyboard. Its really shit don't get one for that game
>>
>>52229529
Ed is shit
>>
>>52229529
loiok at deezefaglords posting their gay plane toys on our board guys
>>
>>52229529
>>>/v/
Grow up. Games aren't for pc.
>>
>>52230654
not me
>>
Buy two thrustmaster T16000's if you can afford it. Space flight controls are more advanced than aeronautic flight controls, so having two 3-axis sticks is where its at. Plus it has 3 stick button, and a d-pad, as well as 12 programmable base buttons and a mini-throttle. What's best about the T16000 though, is that it's completely ambidextrous so it will fit your left hand perfectly.
>>
>>52232616
Same guy
Also its worth mentioning that I own 2 flight sticks for ED, and I dominate my friends who own the HOTAS in space combat because they don't have controls set for vertical/horizontal strafe thrusting like I do with dual flightsticks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.