[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you code like a girl /g/ ? https://medium.com/@sailorhg/c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1*_GeA0rU8tYyTE_HC31mlGw.jpg (58 KB, 800x549) Image search: [Google]
1*_GeA0rU8tYyTE_HC31mlGw.jpg
58 KB, 800x549
do you code like a girl /g/ ?
https://medium.com/@sailorhg/coding-like-a-girl-595b90791cce
>>
File: 1450262289430.jpg (77 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1450262289430.jpg
77 KB, 960x639
>>52197655
No, I program like a man, I declare my once functions and then never call them again
>>
>>52197655
>>52197713
Here is an archive so these assholes don't get clicks
https://archive.is/kYyul
>>
>Tracy Chou, an engineer at Pinterest, shared this story with me: A couple years ago she attended a technical conference and on the first day, she wore a dress.
>When she walked around the conference, no one came up to talk to her.
>When she asked people very technical questions about their stack, questions she assumed would indicate that she was a programmer, she was brushed aside and told, “You wouldn’t understand.”
>She went back home that night really frustrated and flustered.
>She almost didn’t feel like going to the conference the next day.
>But she did and wore a nerdy tshirt and jeans instead, and she had a better experience that day.
>People assumed she was technical and didn’t dilute their explanations to her.
>>
Getting with your hand through your hair every fucking minute IS IN FACT fucking distracting and has NOTHING TO DO with gender-bullshit. Wear what you want, do what you want but keep your focus on the work. If you do a presentation, talking about your sourcecode and whiping through your hair with your hand over your fucking face so nobody can clearly understand what you said then this is a fucking problem -not just for you, for everyone! I don't care if you are a bullshit female or a bullshit male. Whoever does this doesn't need to do a presentation god damnit. I have had enough, because I have seen this enough to call these fucktards out for it.
>>
>>52197655
I don't get it.
They insist on keeping up their impractical feminine tics and still want to be taken seriously?

I don't care what your gender is, if you're not dressed professionally like everyone else, people will (rightfully) assume you're not there to talk software development.
>>
>>52197900
You know, I've never seen a woman actually wear a dress in my entire life (unless you count nightdresses, whatever those things are called).

It's all jeans and pants now, guess the libshit crowd has won.
>>
>>52198351
Do you go outside?
>>
>>52198411
My primary OS is Loonix :^)
>>
File: fEKj1fb.jpg (45 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
fEKj1fb.jpg
45 KB, 500x709
>>52197655
Well I used to code like a man but then I started browsing /b/.
Now you may be wondering how could a random vietnamese image board influenece my programming habits, my flow of thoughts, etc?
OP, let me tell you the truth: you don't need any special training to start thinking like a girl. No you don't even need to become a sjw, or to sniff enough drugs to become stupid. Experiences from daily life events like browsing a website can totally change your habits. And the fact that I work from home most of the time really helped me.

So yes anon, I totally code like a girl, like a qt codegirl nonetheless. I just needed to buy some lewd clothes from j-list and start crossdressing :3
>>
>>52198515
Absolute degeneracy.
>>
>the tightrope walk of professionalism & fashion when deciding what to wear to interviews or presentations.
>life is so hard, i am forced to be fashionable
>>
>>52198515
guaranteed_replies.jpg
>>
File: 1_xrs6xnfotp-01hXBecuuDg[1].jpg (135 KB, 1400x1018) Image search: [Google]
1_xrs6xnfotp-01hXBecuuDg[1].jpg
135 KB, 1400x1018
>>
>>52197655

I code like a man... because I am a man and always have been.

>>52198283

>if you're not dressed professionally like everyone else, people will (rightfully) assume you're not there to talk software development.

I dunno man, many DEFCON presenters I've seen aren't exactly dressed for a professional environment. Granted, they're also not wearing a dress, but one could dress like they came straight out of a ghetto, and probably be taken seriously.
>>
>>52197900
>an engineer at pinterest
So she's a faggot?
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>52198674
this is what a diversity quota looks like
>>
File: use1992.jpg (38 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
use1992.jpg
38 KB, 400x402
>>52198515
>>
>>52198283
>if you're not dressed professionally like everyone else, people will assume you're not there to talk software development
based on conferences I've been to, "dressed profesionally" in the IT world means a pair of jeans and a sweater. (alternatively, a checkered shirt. in fact, even better.)
>>
File: feminine coder.jpg (383 KB, 1400x1018) Image search: [Google]
feminine coder.jpg
383 KB, 1400x1018
>>52198515
>>52198674
>>
>>52198674
maybe a pajeetess looks like that kek
>>
>>52197655

>you don't look like a programmer
>don't play with your hair its distracting
>this is what a programmer looks like
>i'm a gril
>and I program

Why do millenials insist on flaunting and attention whoring their unique little snowflake shit.

If these people knew how soul sucking and boring it is to be an actual programmer they wouldn't be posting 300 twitter and tumbler shits everyday.

How can you even have a grown-up job and still manage to write so much shit on the internet anyway?
>>
>>52198796
Ooh, subtle.
>>
>>52198910
>subtle
stubble
FTFY.
>>
>>52197900

>>When she asked people very technical questions about their stack, questions she assumed would indicate that she was a programmer, she was brushed aside and told, “You wouldn’t understand.”

Probably shit technology anyways.
>>
>>52198872
>How can you even have a grown-up job and still manage to write so much shit on the internet anyway?
because they don't do any real work, they were hired to be the token female in the office and don't do anything difficult
have you ever seen a woman try to type with long nails?
>>
>>52198225

>hand through your hair every fucking minute IS IN FACT fucking distracting

Sounds like you've never been laid, if something that simple distracts you.
>>
>>52198872
>How can you even have a grown-up job and still manage to write so much shit on the internet anyway?
quite often as long as deadlines are met, management doesn't really give a fuck about what you do during work hours. some spend time on learning new technology, some on personal projects, and some engage in shitposting.
>>
>>52198733
Because DEFCON is a serious conference without bullshit.
>>
>>52198796
Half of /g/ right there
>>
>>52199009
Th-that's not true senpai.
half of /g/ uses thinkpads, not macs!
>>
>>52198225
worse one was raising voice at the end of the sentence.
nothing to do with being a girl or appearance at all
>>
File: ehgahd.jpg (10 KB, 192x200) Image search: [Google]
ehgahd.jpg
10 KB, 192x200
>>52198796
>that adams apple
>>
>>52197900

Weird, when you dress like a normie you get treated like one.
>>
>>52198961
butthurt female detected
>>
>>52198515
That's a fuckton of makeup she put on, looks weird.
>>
>>52199216
>she
>>
>>52199290
stop this meme
it's clearly a woman with a photoshopped penis until proven otherwise
>>
>>52197655
Apparently I don't since I don't understand anything about webdeving at all.
But why do these people think asking what kind of package manager they use for JS is a technical question?
>>
>>52199144

>butthurt female detected

Whatever pent-up sexual frustration you have, aint my problem, tbqh pham.
>>
File: ZZZ002768-PO.jpg (114 KB, 737x480) Image search: [Google]
ZZZ002768-PO.jpg
114 KB, 737x480
>>52197900
>engineer
>asking questions about webdev stack

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52199094
lol you are the problem
>>
>>52199328
I wish webdevs would stop calling themselves "Engineers".
>>
>>52198796
>Prominent Adam's apple
>>
This honestly sounds like a lot of bullshit. Most webdevs (aka beta faggots) will spend all day talking to a Asian girl even if they couldn't add 2+2. If this did actually happen I suspect there was another reason.
>>
File: ohsnap.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
ohsnap.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
css isnt turing complete
>>
>>52198910
hahah kek
>>
>>52199341

lol fucking kill yourself
>>
>>52198733
That is because hackers (pen testers and network security) are culturally expected to be from fringe groups living in some occupied dump hanging around with punks and criminals putting on a mask before going in hacking the Gibson. A hacker in a suit don't look like a real hacker and would not be taken seriously.
>>
>>52197655
Define "programming like a girl"
What's the difference between "programming like a girl" and "programming like a guy?"
As long as you program, what's the difference?
and no I didn't read the shitty medium clickbait article
>>
>>52200154
and you think that i would tell you for free? is that it anon?
>>
>>52200154
wear a skirt
have feminine grace
seek out one of the male beta orbiters to do your work when the going gets tough, and don't forget to cocktease them, they really like that
>>
>>52197900
>implying the same exact thing does not hold for a guy
I'd tell a normie looking faggot he wouldn't understand either, yet go into full detail to a smelly neckbeard
>>
>>52197755
thank you anon, I hate clickbait
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.