[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, many of you got a Raspberry Pi for Christmas? Do you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 1914-01.jpg (516 KB, 1700x1274) Image search: [Google]
1914-01.jpg
516 KB, 1700x1274
So, many of you got a Raspberry Pi for Christmas? Do you have any idea what you're going to do with it?
>>
File: 1412335338315.jpg (56 KB, 432x323) Image search: [Google]
1412335338315.jpg
56 KB, 432x323
>>
>>45803469
I got an arduino uno. My dad found I bought one right after he ordered one for me. Now I have 2 arduinos and a digispark which is a miniaturized version of an arduino and uses a modified arduino ide.

So I'm building a progressive methanol injection system with one of them for my truck. The other I'm thinking of building an electronic returnless fuel system for my old 80s mustang. I'll use a pressure transducer to monitor fuel pressure and pwm on the fuel pump to regulate the pressure. I think I might add a map sensor to make the fuel pressure dynamic with the engine load, but that will be a future project. My current one is the meth injection for my truck.

Also Beaglebone black master race here.
>>
I did! I got the adafruit starter kit too, so I think i'm probably just going to do a few little starter projects that i find online and then afterwards once i have a grip on what i can and can't do i'll figure something out

(i would have started already but i wanted to finish my current project first...)
>>
No clue
>>
Hijacking faggot OP's shitty thread.

What kind of hardware (and where) should I get if I wanted to build system that on press of a button would send me email, start recording on webcam and maybe say out loud how many unread messages do I have?

Would put this button to be pressed when door it opened.
Also if movement sensors are cheap would be cool to get something like that to be activated when there's movement on my yard.
>>
Mine is just sitting around too. Need to find something to do with it.
>>
>>45803533
The 1995 gimick machine
>>
>>45803533
>>>/stupid questions thread/

Fuck off.
>>
>>45803534
File server.
>>
>>45803559
as someone relatively new to programming, how would one get started in making something like this?
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA51V1T86490

Would this be a good Pi case?
>>
>>45803572
You don't need to know how to program. Just go on sites like this http://www.instructables.com/tag/type-id/category-technology/channel-raspberry-pi/?sort=VIEWS and check the tutorials
>>
>>45803512
What is this shit? Hdmi to dvi to VGA??? This can't be workin
>>
>>45803584
yeah but i kinda want to use it to help learn more programming, although there are some really nice projects here. Making a media center seems pretty easy and fun.
>>
> install nginx
> install varnish
> apachebench that shit
> shit bricks over the power
>>
File: 29658_4.jpg (21 KB, 600x295) Image search: [Google]
29658_4.jpg
21 KB, 600x295
I got a CuBox i4Pro
>>
Put newest OpenELEC on it (4.97.3) and use it to watch movies and chinese cartoons. Works fine with about 80% of my stuff, but still has problems with some 10bit stuff, not with all of it though. Does anyone know a good case for it? I got one of those starter kits and the included case sucks shit, it's too small and the top won't fit.
>>
>>45803520
whats your current project?
you seem motivated, friendly and open-minded
>>
>>45803581
ayy lmao
>>
I got an arduino uno.

I'm going to be building a CNC mill for home PCB production, so I don't have to mess with etching boards.
>>
>>45803469
funposting on 4chan machine obviously.
>>
>>45803469
Why did they call it B+ instead of C?
>>
File: IMG_20141227_051954.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141227_051954.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>
I bought an Odroid C1. Planning to use as a home media server, a proxy for external connections and perhaps a small web server.
Hoping it'll get proper community support.
>>
>>45803572
>programming
>setting up a file server
I think your lost anon >>>/mlp/
>>
>>45804113
Tell me more
>>
I got mine last year and have been using it as a file server (streaming music + movies), and VPN.
>>
>>45804147
because C is shit
>>
Does the projects that work on the B model works with the B+ model as well?
Without altering stuff?
Like the PiRatebox and Pirate Radio?
I think of getting one as a hobby.
And I'm not majored in IT or CS BTW.
>>
>>45803996
Is HS stuff runs fine?
>>
>>45803572

What are you even doing here? Go back to /a/ fag.
>>
File: 0aoi4Fl2w1qkqgkeo1_1280.jpg (179 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
0aoi4Fl2w1qkqgkeo1_1280.jpg
179 KB, 850x1200
I'm thinking of making a portable samba server.
Is this Wifi adapter can do what I need?
http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-WN723N
broadcasting SSID to connect to I mean?
Also Is there a way to make the RPi automatically share whatever USB storage media plugged in to it?
>>
>>45805079
Not sure about the first question but I don't think being able to work as an access point is hardware-defined, so it's probably fine.
As for the second: just make the folder that drives mount to (either /media or /mnt) a samba share.
>>
>>45803572
You don't need to program. It's as simple as:
1. Install an operating system on the Raspberry Pi. Raspbian is a good choice.
2. Attach an external HD or whatever you're serving from.
3. Install samba, configure samba to share whereever you mount the external HD.
4. Assuming you configured the share to allow guest access, now any computer on your wifi network (Windows, Mac or Linux) can browse to the shared folder.

I'm not going to tell you how to do those things because there's enough guides already if you google it.
>>
>>45805030
Yeah, all HorribleSubs files run fine (or at least they should) since they are just rips from CR or similar sites with no fancy encoding. A bunch of "proper" releases (by dedicated fansub groups) do not work, others do however, so far it's been trial and error for me since they don't usually put the "10bit" in the title of the file.
Other than that it works quite well, the newer OpenELEC versions run smooth, only opening the files may take a while.
>>
>>45803469
Anal vibrator
>>
>>45805124
>I don't think being able to work as an access point is hardware-defined

It is. Some devices can not do it.
>>
>>45805124
>just make the folder that drives mount to (either /media or /mnt) a samba share.
Thanks, I feel stupid for not thinking of this.
I guess I haven't got linux file structure yet.
>>45805209
Ok, how long does it take to play the file?
Also you play them from a connected HDD or from a NAS?
>>45805317
So is the TP Link 723 capable of doing that?
Also can I SSH from phone into the pi from it it can do that?
>>45805152
>guest access
you mean it can browse and play the files without password to access?
>>
>>45805422
>you mean it can browse and play the files without password to access?
Yeah. Though as your router will by default block incoming connections from the internet, it will only serve to people connected to your home network
>>
File: 5435c52ef3256.jpg (172 KB, 800x1135) Image search: [Google]
5435c52ef3256.jpg
172 KB, 800x1135
>>45805517
>it will only serve to people connected to your home network
That's what I intend to do.
Follow this guide?
http://www.debuntu.org/samba-how-to-share-files-for-your-lan-without-userpassword/
>>
Throw it in the trash now that the odroid c1 is out.
>>
Got one last year. Has been sitting in the box since. Can't think of a use for it that isn't just a stupid gimmick.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.