[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a good youtube to mp3 converter, I use YTMP3 for everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I need a good youtube to mp3 converter, I use YTMP3 for everything under 20 mins and for over Ive been using clipcpnverter and savetube, but they are finkiy and dont always work, any suggestions that arent browser add ons?
>>
>>51972955
>youtube to mp3 converter
youtube-dl. Download just the audio. Off the top of my head, I think you'll do:

youtube-dl <url> -f 140"

If 140 is not the correct format, do

youtube-dl <url> -F

to find the best audio-only format.

This will be better than any crappy "youtube to mp3 converter" website. It works on a broad arrange of video websites. It offers more options. It is faster. It doesn't require visiting some shitty website.

And why mp3? mp3 is crap.
>>
>>51973077
>youtube-dl <url> -f 140"
The quote doesn't belong. It should be like this:

youtube-dl <url> -f 140
>>
>>51973077
run that in terminal ?
>>
>>51973140
Yeah. It is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux.

I think the commands will be the same on Windows.
>>
>>51973094
>>51973077
not working in Terminal.
>>
>>51973295
What is "Terminal?" Do you mean the OS X terminal emulator?

What is the output you get?
>>
>>51973319
command not found.

i am using OS X
>>
>>51973330
>command not found.
Did you install that? I know I didn't tell you to, but I thought it was obvious.
>>
>>51972955
>>what is ffmpeg
Or just download fucking audio track, youtube split their videos into separate audio and video streams for probably 2 years now
>>
>>51973077
Download with:
youtube-dl --yes-playlist -f bestaudio <url>

Also use ffmpeg to convert, for example, into mp3 V0 (needs bash)
for FILE in *.m4a; do ffmpeg -y -i "$FILE" -acodec libmp3lame -q 0 -f mp3 "${FILE/m4a/mp3}"; done

Since we have come this far, OP should also download mpv and feed youtube url into it and be done with crappy flash/html5 players.
>>
>>51973077
Yep, youtube-dl is the shit. Do that.
>>
>>51973330

You gotta download youtube-dl first.
>>
>>51973465
And don't bother with that converting to MP3 shit. Nearly everything that can play MP3 can play AAC nowadays, so there's no reason to transcode what you get from Youtube.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.