[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ProtonMailproxied by Israel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5
File: protonmail3[1].png (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
protonmail3[1].png
34 KB, 400x300
This is a public service announcement for all ProtonMail users.

After the huge DDoS attack that happened like 1 month ago all ProtonMail traffic is now proxied by a Israeli firm. Thats right, all the data is send through Israel.

Source: https://cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm

Also google it yourself if you dont belive me.

ProtonMails response to this:

https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/

Im leaving ProtonMail, it was good while it lasted, also spread the word.
>>
Also i forgot to add this, ProtonMails response to Reddit:

>A lot of mis-information about this, with people seemingly not understanding how BGP redirection and GRE tunnels work. All traffic that passes through Radware is encrypted. Both encryption layers (SSL and ProtonMail's OpenPGPjs) are intact in this solution. That's why we picked BGP redirection instead of something like Cloudflare where we would have to turn over SSL keys.
So Radware has access to no new information that your ISP wouldn't already have since they just see the encrypted packets.

I dont trust them at all.
>>
b-bump

Does anyone on /g/ even use/used Protonmail?
>>
Your source can't even sign certificates correctly...
>>
>>51919286
Just google it yourself if you dont trust my source, even fucking Protonmail doesnt hide it.
>>
>>51919298
But in your other link they say exactly what they do. Which is not using Isreal as a proxy...
>>
>>51919298
I don't think you are intelligent enough to us encryption so why does this effect you?
>>
>>51919314
>>51919325
Belive what you want goys, im fucking out.

Also Isreal was the source of the DDoS and if that isnt a red flag i dont know what is.
>>
/g/ already knows about this, you missed the previous discussions
>>
>>51919352
You tell me to look at what proton says then call me a goy for doing so...
>>
File: 545345.png (52 KB, 596x643) Image search: [Google]
545345.png
52 KB, 596x643
>We got the cattles money, time to point all traffic back home!
>>
>>51919369
Well its fucking obvious that Protonmails isnt telling the truth. Only a stupid goy would belive them now.
>>
>>51919401
But you said proton doesn't hide it...
>>
Fuck off, GCHQ shill. Go post about how Tor doesn't work.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/14/gchq-tools-manipulate-online-information-leak
>>
Also Protonmail only went public with this when someone did a traceroute and found the IP, why didnt they tell from the start?

>>51919428
Yes they dont hide now that all traffic is going through Israel. If you want to belive their story that the Jews cant see your data then go ahead.
>>
Thats why you guys should've been using cockmail
>>
>>51919454
Can you find a source that's competent enough to implement ssl correctly?
>>
who needs to actually use protonmail when protonmail is fully open source now?
>>
>OMG THE J00BS ARE STEALING OUR DATA!!1

Back to /pol/, retard
>>
>>51919156
This is seriously stupid. Let's make it clear. Your every request goes through various routers and ISPs, so what's the difference if they use one more layer? Absolutely none. Your emails are encrypted IN your browser (at least that's what they claim), that's what makes PM special. The encrypted traffic will go through Israel before reaching them. So what? Why isn't traffic an issue with your ISP? Do you trust your ISP more than a firm in Israel?
>>
fuck, and I've only been using it for like 2 months.

What are my alternatives now? Fucking kikes, I swear...
>>
>>51919504
You must be retarded or something, because i just checked and nothing is wrong with it.
What error are you getting?
>>
>>51919517
Make your own mail server, protonmail is open source.
>>
Tell me when they can break the encryption.
>>
>links page specifically explaining why protonmail is secure and unable to be accessed
>still starts post with DA JOOS
/pol/ needs to be hung from the gallows
>>
>>51919515
>Do you trust your ISP more than a firm in Israel?

fuck yes i do
>>
>>51919511
>>51919552

IDF works fast
>>
>>51919156
Protonmail is encrypted client side. It doesn't matter what services it passes though. Even though it uses PGP it's still just an okay implementation. I'd recommend thunderbird with PGP over it.
>>
>>51919525
That's because you already accepted the cert. They probably self signed which makes ssl useless on a site like that.

I don't expect you to understand this because you think Isreal getting encrypted traffic is news.
>>
>>51919556
You shouldn't. In any ways, losing your mind because they use a proxy is stupid as hell, because every packet you send goes through many routers that cannot be trusted.
>>
File: gnjew.png (159 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
gnjew.png
159 KB, 500x584
>>51919543
>protonmail is open source
This doesn't shock me.
>>
>>51919595
Nice damage control.

Please tell me whats wron with the cert, im gonna wait here.
>>
File: IDF.png (221 KB, 807x610) Image search: [Google]
IDF.png
221 KB, 807x610
I am out.
>>
>>51919575
Your tinfoil is showing.

As has been pointed out ad nauseam already, your emails are encrypted before they leave your browser. So is there any reason I should believe that this Israeli firm can actually access my data, aside from paranoia?
>>
>>51919619
Not him but self-signed certificates are useless and can be easily exploited.
>>
>>51919624
kek
>>
>>51919595
>>51919639

You are literally retarded. Cert is signed by Network Solutions EV. Go ahead and prove me wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20151217_180755.png (235 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151217_180755.png
235 KB, 1440x1440
>>51919619
You still haven't explained why it even matters that Isreal gets the encrypted messages.
>>
Back to your containment board! >>>/pol/

>"Waaah! The evil j00z are invaden muh internets!"

FYI, being a foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-mongering piece of shit toward minorities or other cultures is only going to cause people to do the exact opposite of what you want them to do. Psychological reactance is something /pol/ doesn't quite grasp. Look at Westboro Baptist Church - they've probably brought more support to LGBT rights than any actual LGBT organization ever could. People just love to be spiteful, don't they?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a tree planted in Israel. Fuck you, OP.
>>
>>51919682
>it says it's signed
I love how you trust that site over proton shitty broken sites are always the love of idiots because they don't need and credibility only an echo chamber for their conspiracy ideas.
>>
>>51919683
>>51919699

Are you guys retarded? https://cryptome.org/ is signed by a real company, i dont care if you have an fucking outdated browser or malware.
>>
>>51919726
Can confirm, I don't get any SSL warnings when visiting their site in my browser.
>>
>>51919726
Stillllllll not explaining why this all even matters all you've done so far is show how little you know about Web security. What's the point of encrypted traffic if anyone who intercepts it can read it? oh wait its almost like you cant read it
>>
>>51919769
>claim whole thread the cert is not signed
>get proved wrong
>bawww what do you even know about Web security

i think you have brain damage
>>
>>51919795
Hey look ignoring the question for a 4th time, you sure are good at being a conspiracy theorist.
>>
This whole thread is pure faggotry.
2 faggots fighting over certificates of the source website.
The rest of the faggots including OP losing their shit because of some trivial thing, because they don't know jack shit about how Internet works.
>>
>>51919822
What conspiracy? The fact is that all Protonmail data goes through Israel.

If your a good goy you will belive Protonmail that the jews cant see anything.
>>
>>51919849
So you have no idea what client side encryption is?
>>
>>51919849
You are dumb as fuck and you should leave /g/. (not him)
>>
>>51919687
>>>/reddit/
>>
What's the alternative guys?
>>
>>51919914
You don't need an alternative you retarded fucking faggots. Nothing happened to Protonmail's security. It's the same fucking service. Stop this shitpost
>>
>>51919930
fuck off jew
>>
>>51919950
Hey look who still can't answer the question, why does this even matter if it's true?
>>
>>51919950
4chan needs an IQ test before letting people in. You are dumb as fuck.
>>
How is this a problem?
>>
Protonmail is a fucking joke, what's the point of encrypted e-mail when every fucking one of your contacts use jewmail or the like?
E-mail is flawed by design.
>>
>>51919864
>>51919873

https://twitter.com/soekali/status/664790741055578112

Their answer is:
>They don't have our SSL keys.

You have to be a hardcore goy to belive them.

>>51919996
>>51919961
fuck of jew shit
>>
>>51919864
Oh tell me please how does gmail or hotmail or yahoo use client side encryption is?

Are you fucking dumb?
>>
Are we being invaded by /pol/?
>>
>>51920046
And again, the whole point of Protonmail is that even they, supposedly, can't read your emails as it is all encrypted on the client side.
>>
>>51919517
tutanota
>>
>>51920046
Yet again showing how little you know about this issue. The SSL keys would allow them to get through the first part, SSL(the s in https among other things), not the client side encryption.
>>
>>51920104
You are on /pol/, /pol/chan to be exact
>>
>>51920157
What client side encryption you fucking moron? That only works if you sent email form Protonmail to Protonmail, if you send it to an gmail email it has not fucking client side encryption.
>>
>>51919914
riseup.net
>>
>>51920182
Mate, you are a lost case. Please, tell us that you are trolling.
>>
>>51920182
What is pgp?
Protonmail doesn't do anything you couldn't do yourself it just makes it easier.
>>
>>51919286
Seems like you have some sort of malware site works fine on every browser + mobiles.
Should check if you are not getting mitm'd or not have any rogue cookies/software.
>>
>>51920193
He's got a point tho.
Having you emails encrypted but then sent in plain text over the fucking internet to servers operated by companies that are known to be sucking NSA dick is retarded.
>>
>>51920265
That's not what is happening...
>>
>>51920215
So yes only protonmail -> protonmail automatically gets encrypted cliƫnt side, if you want to sent to for example hotmail or Gmail it's just going over ssl
>>
>>51920265
He doesn't. The point of Protonmail is that every email you send/receive is encrypted in their servers, so they can't read it. Now, you can't make a point by Gmail, as sending an email to Gmail account is not secure or private even if you send if from a hypothetically perfect email server. Client-side encryption in Protonmail's case is about encrypting everything and then passing to protonmail's servers.
>>
>>51920193
>>51920299

Are you the guy that claimed the cert is not signed? I think you have no idea about anything.
>>
ok anon, goodbye.
>>
>>51920313
"Messages are stored on ProtonMail servers in encrypted format. They are also transmitted in encrypted format between our servers and user devices. Messages between ProtonMail users are also transmitted in encrypted form within our secure server network."
Outside email like Gmail is not clientside encrypted.
But you CAN manual encrypt that with pgp
>>
>>51919556
kek
>>
>>51920384
I mean any e-mail from protonmail servers to outside is not manual encrypted.
Maybe the stored e-mail is but it's not going out encrypted.
>>
>>51920384
>Messages are stored on ProtonMail servers in encrypted format.
That's the important part. Whatever is in their servers is encrypted, even your "sent" messages. Now, I am not saying that there is no trust involved, because you ironically type your decryption key in their web form and then decrypt your mailbox but the point is, nothing has changed when they decided to pass traffic through a proxy.
>>
if someone from a Gmail account sends you an emil to your Protonmail the firm from Israel can see it because its not pgp its only SSL. So talk what you want but there is a high chance that jews can read your email if they want.
>>
>>51919617
Open Source is a good thing, good luck hiding something when everyone can read the source code.
>>
>>51920459
I don't see how that's Protonmail's problem. Every node between Protonmail and gmail can read it and that can include a lot more than just the NSA, so in any ways, emails from gmail is not private. If your problems are jews specifically, then go to /pol/.
>>
>>51919914
cock.li
>>
>>51920539
https://cock.li/transparency/2015-12-09-subpoena/04-2015-12-09-200711-814873XXXX.ogg
>>
>>51919156
old news is old
>>
>>51920459
This.
>>
>>51920299
Care to explain how exactly protonmail encrypted emails are sent to other email providers?
>>
>>51920634
never too late for a little FUD
>>
>Protonmail exposed to be an IDF store front operation
>/g/ defends this

stay good goys
>>
>>51919628
I bet they have a special node just for proton mail to test different techniqes at cracking it
>>
>>51920609
Is someone trolling him or did he record that?
>>
>>51920609
kek.
>>
>>51919248
I use it, pretty nice interface and good service most of the time
>>
>>51920646
If you can encrypt the e-mail with a password and the other person will only be able to see it if they have the password. For Gmail/Outlook/whatever, they'll see a link to a protonmail page to input the password. Then again, they can only know that you're sending/receiving encrypted messages to someone, not read/see the content.

If you don't do that, then its plain simple e-mail (not encrypted).
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.