[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The challenge is not to act automatically. It's to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1432153930509.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432153930509.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>The challenge is not to act automatically. It's to find an action that is not automatic. From painting, to breathing, to talking, to fucking. To falling in love...
what did he mean by this?
>>
originality
>>
pretentious hipster bullshit dialogue
so little plot you cannot find it unless you are looking
horrible ending
i give this movie a 1/10 and that's being generous. my gf agrees that it is one of the worst she has seen.
>>
>>51914459
He probably meant "being conscious of your actions", since they were building a sentient robot, right? Sounds very much like New Agey "le consciousness" meme to me, if they are implying Pollock had "le consciousness" but was trying to do things automatically, and their robot had the opposite challenge - to perform conscious action without "le consciousness".
I guess they just wanted to give the line some legitimacy by mentioning Pollock.

>>51915098
Seems like a completely shit movie. It's that same topic all over again, and everybody pretends it's deep.
I mean, we all saw Blade Runner.
>>
>>51914459
i honestly dont now. breathing not automatic?
>>
>>51914459
spontaneity

not just reacting to your surroundings, chaos, entropy
>>
>>51914459
remind me again what's it from. I'm sure I've seen it, I just have forgotten everything about it.
>>
>>51915421
>>51915648
not quite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1sFxMQj3qg
>>
>>51915421
>Seems like a completely shit movie
How about you actually fucking watch it?

It was actually really good and the scenes that involve the main character speaking to the AI are pretty interesting.

And the ending isn't typical or expected. Its pretty fucking rad actually.

If you haven't seen it yet you should. It isn't the best movie of all time but it is better than 95% of the rest of the trash that is out right now.
>>
>>51915716
>taking that shit b8
wew lad
>>
>>51914459
There isn't a single computer on the planet that doesn't think about doing something later when it feels like it. That's what he meant.
>>
>>51914459
I don't know but now I'm breathing manually
>>
The bulk of our lives we are little more than automatons. Those few moments when we transcend our programming and truly "act" out of will and will alone, in those moments we are god.
>>
>>51915421
Except Blade Runner didn't have scenes that reminded you of Tarkovsky.

plebs gonna pleb, EM is trillion times the movie Shit Runner the Video Game 2000 Garbage Ridley Scott Joint was
>>
I just want a nice movie that has sentient AI, androids,machines and humans bonding over differences and being close to each other.

Time of Eve did it so well.
>>
>>51915716
I plan to, it's just not on top of my list. I'm desperately looking for good new SFs so I will give it a chance.

But as I said, I'm just not into the topic and I doubt I will get anything fresh from watching the movie. For me humanoid AI is the same as human if it passes the duck test. I'd be actually shocked and (pleasantly) surprised if the robot didn't pass the test in the movie, since every single movie dealing with this topic "reveals" (preferably in a tragic way) that conscious robots are the same as us, blowing our minds again and again.

BTW if you guys know more decent SF, please recommend!
>>
>>51915891
If Time of Eve is anime you should kill yoursel
>It is anime
Just kill yourself you pleb.

>>51915915
>Genre pleb.
Get ready to be disappointed since your pleb mind can't distinct quality from shit, as you seek from the POV of pleb genre mind
>>
>>51914459
He meant that he's gonna tear up the dance floor
>>
>>51915861
>Except Blade Runner didn't have scenes that reminded you of Tarkovsky.
And it was a good thing. It wasn't pretentious and experimental at all and yet still it made its point.
But surprisingly, in my opinion at least, Tarkovsky's best movies were SF too.

>>51915931
>Genre pleb
Wow, have such sophisticated taste in movies. You would probably completely dismiss Argento, Tsukamoto, NoƩ, Stanley and others too, since they made exploitation-tier quality movies that could fit in a genre.
Your favorite movie is probably Limits of Control, lol.
>>
>>51916057
>Still judging movies based on genre
pleb as fuck can't get plebbier than this unless you go to fucking Star Wars Force Awakens opening
>>
>>51915931
Leave and never come back.
>>
File: 7114051114.gif (600 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
7114051114.gif
600 KB, 480x270
>>51915098

This Sempai gets it. Holy shit what an upsettingly bad movie. Everyone is raving about it even though it has a plot so simple even someone with downs syndrome can predict it.
>>
This movie was complete and utter liberal trash. They can't make a futuristic/tech related movie, because of muh climate change will end the future. So, every futuristic movie you see has a pessimistic view of the future.
>>
I started watching this the other day, I managed an entire thirty minutes before turning it off for good.

What a pile of crap, the acting is fucking terrible. The inventor guy is an irritating cunt that can't act. The robot is shit. The whole film is shit.
>>
>>51916149
>My website isnt a hugbox for liking pleb shit like anime
lmao
>>
>>51916144
Oh I'm the one judging movies based on genre? lol, ok.
I won't watch Star Wars because I'm not into high fantasy set in space. It's a different genre and we genre-plebs hate other genres, you know.
Keep being cool and enjoy deep and genre-free movies of Darren Aronofsky, especially the Fountain. It reminded me of Tarkovsky on acid.

>>51916202
Is it worse than Her? Because that movie was one of the cringiest movies ever (after the Fountain).
>>
>>51915098

I don't care about the opinion of the landwhale you call gf.

Movie was fun, like B movie fun.
>>
>>51914459
breathing is literally the most automatic thing we do.
>>
>>51916287
>Genre pleb still going on about his plebbiness
lmao
>>
>>51916268
I think you meant
>I can't believe my website isn't a hugbox for liking pleb shit like anime!
>>
>>51916287
Sexbot enthusiast here
I thought Her was awful too and I had to force myself to watch the whole thing
Ex Machina I liked a lot though
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.