[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a Sager for about $2k-ish. What is your experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: poop.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
poop.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
Building a Sager for about $2k-ish. What is your experience with Sager as a brand and are they a product that lasts?

Also, never built a desktop-replacement machine. What is completely frivolous to pay for in a laptop?
>>
>sager
>product that lasts
>desktop-replacement machine
just send the money to me you'd be better off
>>
>>51907552
can it install gentoo?
>>
>>51907552
>Building a Sager for about $2k-ish. What is your experience with Sager as a brand and are they a product that lasts?

Not worth it. I'm typing on my Sager right now, and while I love it, and it's a good sturdy machine, the graphics card is already way the fuck out of date, and the Haswell core is out performed by the older Ivybridge on my desktop. Even with games that I can I play, the thing heats up like crazy and the fan sounds like a small hair dryer.

The idea of having a laptop that's brawny enough to play vidya on is great, but in reality it's an impractical waste of money. If you've got a job or something and can afford to blow 2k on it go ahead, but I'd say there are better ways to spend your money.

If you really want to play vidya, use that money to build a nice desktop, and buy a $700-800 laptop that you can use for easily runable emulators, indie shit, and VNs when you want to play on the go.
>>
From what I heard they're pretty good, but don't expect them to be pretty, ergonomic and lightweight.

They're autist machines that concentrate on specs. Also broken backs.
>>
Sager NP9130 here (i7-3630QM, GTX 670MX).

Bought it 3 years ago and no complaints so far. Doesn't get hot but I have cooler nonetheless. I don't game too heavily but when I do I max everything out. Haven't replaced my thermal paste yet because I'm too scared I'll fuck something up.
>>
>>51908677
>and buy a $700-800 laptop that you can use for easily runable emulators, indie shit, and VNs when you want to play on the go.
My $400 laptop can do all of that.
>>
>>51907552
You cant put lego pieces together?
Fucking wow.
>>
Sager laptops are essentially rebranded Clevos. Had a P150EM until not long ago, 3610qm and 670m. The thing was built like a tank and I enjoyed the simplistic design. It had a pretty beefy cooling system and cleaned regularly (very easy to service btw) never got too hot (I'm serious, I literally never saw the cpu or gpu above 65°c), but while quiet on idle/low loads, when gaming was very loud.
Ended trading it for a desktop, as I don't need the portability anymore. Would definitely buy one again though.
>>
Have one, works okay. Shitty keyboard, though.
>>
>>51908677
my $800 clevo can play actual gaymes on the go
i5-4210H, GTX 960M, 250GB SSD, 1080p IPS

you can play emulators, indie games, VNs and classics on a netbook
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.