[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eli BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: Elithecomputerguy.jpg (28 KB, 532x306) Image search: [Google]
Elithecomputerguy.jpg
28 KB, 532x306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBP0nOap0c

Has /g/ gotten to him? Also whats your opinions on his videos and content. Does he actually know what hes talking about?
>>
>>51862630

I still remember his Tor video.

>I don't trust tor because it just doesn't make sense to me

He's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>51862630

is this his job? I don't see why he'd be making a video on something so simple and dumb.
>>
>>51862736
Our cognition abilities varies even on a fucking base o fhow much sleep did we get last night. If you say shit like that based on a single statement you are a dumbass.
Also he is right about not trusting something you do not understand. Look what happens to people without knowledge about banks lel.

>>51862630
I think he is a guy with a shitton of knowledge about business-oriented IT, not so much about IT per se. Listen to him how to fix your career, he is really great and gives advices which I followed via trial and error myself.

>>51863118
I think it's a small amount of his income, youtube that is.
>>
>>51863432
eli go
>>
>>51862630
I just saw another one of his videos and it wasn't half bad.
>>
I have seen quite a bit of his videos. Some of them are really good. Some are mediocre. Some are about as good as eating shit straight from the source of a curry filled Indian ass.

I guess it depends on the video, topic, and subject matter.

I will never stick to his videos exclusively. I watch all sorts of videos from many sources. Here lately I have been on a Def-Con kick. Don't know why, but they are usually very interesting. I really enjoyed the one where someone stole a hackers computer and got completely pwned. It was hilarious. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Definitely a great watch.
>>
>>51865345
I would like to watch the video of when Jeremy Hammond was on the panel at Def-Con. Anyone have a link? It would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>51862630
damn this guy is flaming
>>
ELI RESPONDS TO /g/ !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afgXKBSmixw
>>
>>51865345
It'll help a lot if you post the link to said video
>>
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-li the computer guy
>>
>>51862736
But he was right not to trust Tor since it was made by the US Navy and doesn't actually keep you safe for the most part.
>>
Time to unsub this basterd bitch.
>>
>>51866205
What country was he referring to?
>>
>>51866312
I'd rather trust Jacob appelbaum and Tor then this shithead.
>>
>>51867445
Pakistan
>>
File: key.jpg (48 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
key.jpg
48 KB, 640x481
Here's the thing about eli.
He does not care about his viewers at all, he is only making videos as a pragmatic decision.
Does he know a lot about computers? Sure.
Does he have a soul? Probably not.
Do I care? Yes (As evidenced by my posting this).
Does eli care? No.
Eli cares about money.
>>
>>51862630
who?
>>
I think he's excellent, he breaks things down for newbies and is very flexible and versatile in what he covers...he makes a great teacher.
>>
>>51866205
>makes video about how much he doesn't care

I really wish he would shut up and stop pretending like he doesn't care, because he obviously does.
>>
>>51869672

The problem is basically this. He wants to make tech videos and just put them out there..when you help people though they try to integrate themselves into your life that's what he is trying to avoid. If you give a beggar on the street a home, some food etc or try to help someone quit drugs then they just end up latching on to you..
>>
>>51862630
This is really out of character for him (as far as I know), he always seemed like a pretty nice guy. What is going on?

Still entertaining though
>>
What an unprofessional guy. If you're trying to be an instructor, you need to have patience, and he clearly doesn't have any. Jesus, he had to watch the video before uploading it. How did he think this was a good idea?

Why does /g/ like him anyway?
>>
>>51870042
He's just sick of the dindus demanding instant results.
>>
>>51870042

I don't think the majority of /g/ likes him. He's just another IT guy, nothing exciting.
>>
>>51866275
My bad, I was on the phone. Here y'all go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4oB28ksiIo

Does anyone have the Jeremy Hammond Def-Con video?
>>
i knew about this guy before and felt indifferent towards him but this is just so unprofessional. he could have just blocked him and went along but he had to make fun of his country and act like an asswipe
>>
>>51862630

>states his not christian more then a few times
>still butt hurt about it

kek.
>>
>>51863432
>I think it's a small amount of his income, youtube that is.
He makes a fuckton of money off youtube. He lives near me and I've met him a few times. He's a bro in person but the few YT vids I've seen were not Linus quality.
>>
First found out about him when I was deciding whether or not to follow my pipe dream of getting into computer repair.
I didn't, but not because of him.
He seemed like a whiny bitch then, is definitely a whiny bitch now.
>>
>>51870781
Forgot to add that it was very, very apparent he had an inflated ego.
>>
>>51862630
why is he replying to a pakistani in the first place...
>>
>Do you think I'm your bich

>has public skype
>expects curries not to be curries
Shiggy diggy do
>>
>>51870839
yeah no kidding.

did /g/ see this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaqBRX8aCQA
>>
Lol he's just a fucking loser. "OH YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME AND YOU'RE NOT PAYING ME TO ANSWER IT?! FUCK YOU I'M SMARTER THAN YOU YOU'RE A DUMBASS FOR NOT KNOWING AS MUCH AS I DO" He's just obnoxious.
>>
so, you are saying that he shouldn't speak his mind?
and I thought 4channers saw themselves as brutally honest people, heh
the guy is right, or perhaps not right, but at least he's honest. I bet a lot of you are just like him or even worse than him, and still criticize him... just because he's a public, hones person.

you people are a bunch of whiny hypocrites.
>>
>>51862630
MKA = my kek arrives
>>
>>51869709
>If you give a beggar on the street a home, some food etc or try to help someone quit drugs then they just end up latching on to you..

he can disable the fucking comments or have someone moderate muh skype calls for him because the internet is full of ignorant fucks who spout shit similar to your post.
>>
>>51871286
where did we say he can't speak his mind? I've read through this thread, and no where did we devise a plan to not allow him to post on youtube. he's free to speak his mind, freedom of speech does not freedom of consequence. he acted like an entitled sperglord in this video, and we're going to call him out for it.
>>
>>51871040
what a faggot.
>Not only it is easy to use it has features that other programming languages have like declaring variables, if...else for statements.
>>
File: 1438756343968.jpg (16 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1438756343968.jpg
16 KB, 544x400
>>51871040
>You should learn PHP as your first language
>Can declare variables! If/else statements!
>All you really need is Notepad

Jesus Christ, man, I know they're beginners, but you gotta hold them to *some* standard. They're not drooling retards who shouldn't even consider some sort of proper code editor or practical fucking language.
>>
>>51870393
>mac
>>
>>51869204
He has aspergers.........
>>
>>51862630
>He is upgrading to windows 10
>>
>>51862630
>sperging out this hard
>still uploading it to youtube
>go on a rant about how worthless, insignificant, and dumb this other person is
>say no one will tell him because everyone else has significance and there are consequences for them
>"but there are no consequences for dumbasses like this guy!!"
>proceeds to try to shit all over this other person because there are no consequences for himself because he is also worthless, insignificant, and dumb
>uploads this entire video to youtube so he can make money from mindlessly insulting a child like a spastic for 15 minutes
>also tries to shame this kid in front of his mindless brown-nosing autismo subscriber army
>I'M THE NICEST AND MOST HUMBLE PERSON YOU'LL EVER MEET YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING SACK OF HUMAN SHIT
>HOW DARE YOU REQUEST THAT I, A GOD AMONG MEN, HELP YOU WITH A PROBLEM I AM PERCEIVED TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT BEFORE PAYING MY EXTREMELY HUMBLE NICE-GUY FEE
>>
>>51862630
>Eli
Nope, i'm not a good goyim
>>
>>51873165
>be me
>learned PHP because I was interested in webdev
>know PHP inside out
>think to self "let's build program"
>pick Python
>it's basically a no-server-required-version of PHP
>easily pick up on C as well because I understand syntax
>now program shit in C and Python if I feel like it
It helps more than you'd imagine.
>>
>>51875930
Found the blasted paki.
>>
>>51862630
id suck his dick(im not a faggot).
>>51866312
don't bother, /g/ is retarded.
>>
>>51869204
not really a fan but he's open about all of these things
>>
>>51876275
I'd like to interject for a moment, what you're referring to as /g/, is in fact, boards.4chan.org/g/, or as I've recently taken to calling it, boards.4chan.org plus /g/.
>>
>>51876127
>learned PHP because I was interested in webdev
Yeah but that's fine, because you were interested in webdev. He just told everyone to learn it regardless.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.