[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a new high-paying job (for me anyway) and want to start making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: smiling.png (339 KB, 628x351) Image search: [Google]
smiling.png
339 KB, 628x351
Got a new high-paying job (for me anyway) and want to start making my "battle-station" legit. What are some desks and chairs that are OP? Any accessories I should get?
>>
>>51833081
depends on your style

everyone gets that racing seat with a mini pillow
looks like this:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012A1KWLS?psc=1

but i think it has the brand name on the pillow and looks more like a racing seat

the rest is up to you wether you want to have your components watercooled in a wall, or inside your desk with a window, or inside your case, or out in the open, etc.

also depending on how many monitors you will have, etc, will they be wall mounted or on desk

that's like asking which case should you get for a pc, there's no right answer and all we can do is suggest based on our own personal preferences
>>
>>51833081
Aeron Chair. Everything else is mundane details.
>>
>>51833185
those chairs are ridiculously expensive
>>
>>51833081
ha ha ha
ha ha ha
blllllllllllll
>>
>>51833081
What band/song is pic from? It's at the tip of my tongue. Can't think of it... kwrhjklsefjklsdfjl
>>
>>51833410
And ridiculously awesome. OP says he has bank to do it up right. They're is no finer chair to sit in at a computer 12 hours a day anon.

> t. Aeron user
>>
>>51833445
idk. google weird russian singer on youtube and you'll find him
>>
>>51833439
Ah haha

Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah uh ah
Blllllllllllah ah ah
>>
>>51833169
FWIW, the brand name is Maxnomic
>>
>>51833445
>>51833466
oh thats right... VITAS
>>
>>51833548
Link to the video pls, I don't find it
>>
>>51833690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWmfNeLs7fA
>>
If the chair isn't a Herman Miller don't bother.
And just make a desk. I've seen some really nice desks made from 2 sets of draws and a massive thick chunk of wood bridging the gap. Looks pretty sweet.
>>
>>51833690
too lazy to link but remember title
Vitas - 7th Element
>>
>>51833709
Topkek, thanks, based anon.
>>
File: cool.jpg (14 KB, 212x212) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
14 KB, 212x212
>>51833726
>>
>>51833709
gets weirder everytime i see this. Chernobyl really fucked up them Russians.
>>
just get a nice one from ikea
gaming chairs are a meme
>>
>>51833717
>Herman Miller
>>51833463
>Aeron
This guys knows whats up.
>>
I got a new job 2 weeks ago. Have a bit of freedom since I'm not doing important work, so I made my hours 8:30-5:00 on a floor where most people leave between 3:30 and 4:30 to pick up kids. I'm pretty much the last person to leave on any given day.

Wednesday I was walking around the floor before I left, trying to get a feel for where everyone's cubicle was. Diagonal from me in a different section was a woman's setup with what I recognized instantly as an Aeron. I got excited that I'd finally be able to test it out and see what all the hype was about (live in north bumfuck, there aren't any stores with floor models).

As soon as I sat down, I instantly felt that it was an order of magnitude better than anything else I've been in. The high end chairs at the local staples were $300-$450, and weren't bad, but not noticeably different than $80-$100 chairs, just had a lot more bells and whistles for adjustments. But the Aeron, even when adjusted for a woman a foot shorter and maybe 20 pounds lighter than me, was far and away the best seat I've been in. It sold me them moment I got in.

So go for the Aeron. I think the general tiers for office chairs here are IKEA Markus, Aeron, Steelscase Leap. And I love the mesh over cushions, so the leap never interested me much on paper, though after having a seat in an Aeron I'm pretty curious what that's like.
>>
>>51833798
Did you notice the "audience" is even weirder than the singer?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.