[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daw General: whatever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: FL studio.jpg (45 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
FL studio.jpg
45 KB, 250x250
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>Do you like your butt to be touched?

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better
>>
Studio One 3 been using it for 3 years now
>>
>>51745685

>What DAW is yours?
Legit Ableton Live Lite 9.
Pirated Suite 8, Reaper.
>How long you been on it?
1 Year as a vst host, Recently getting tinto recording.
>How long have you been into music?
Sincero I was 8
>What genre do you play with the most?
Hard Rock/Metal
>What Genre do you think you are best at?
Hard Rock, Pop Rock
>Have you thought about changing up to something else?
I want to learn EDM and Jazz
>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?
Hardware: Location Mininova
Software: V-Station, i'm a Novation fanboy.
>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?
I do it for fun, have an Industrial Engineering Degree
Bonus points:

>Do you like your butt to be touched?
Yeah
>>
Just got a korg midi keyboard in that was damn near free on cyber monday. How babby make chipshit? What VSTs are a must? I want that ironic sound mixed with the fatness of actual synths but have been almost entirely analog up until now.
>>
>>51746419
Get Synth1, OB-DX, Dexed, Korg Legacy Collection and Sylenth.
You'll have fun with that.
>>
>>51746527
Thanks, time to start downloading. I usually hate the production side of things, but programming synths is relaxing.
>>
>>51746622
time to make those funky fresh beats
>>
1 selfish bump
>>
>>51746622
Also check out Serum or in place of sylenth some U-he stuff.
>>
holy shit you faggots are really running out of ideas for forcing stupid ass 'generals' on this already garbage board
>>
>>51746648
Is there a shitty casio vst? I need it to make some dungeon synth.
>>
>>51747517
Just use 3XOSC
>>
>>51747494
Anon, I've been doing this for months now. It's just here whenever. I try to do it once a week or so
>>
>>51747572
This, 3xOsc master race
>>
>>51747683
IF you can learns it
>>
Anyone use logic x? Thinking about picking up a MacBook and trying out the software.
>>
Pro tools 12 audio engineer here
>>
>>51747790
Used logic 9 pretty sweet, doubt ill use X they changed alot of stuff.
>>
>TFW you wanna be something cool in music when you grow up
>TFW you grow up and you still have no fucking clue
>>
>>51748987
That's the beauty of music, sometimes you end up right where you want to be. Though I suggest doing your best and contributing to something. anything.
>>
>>51749878
I am one of those guys that sometimes has a beat in my head and most of the time, I have no idea what I'm going to do and just run with it the entire time. Like right now, this is sounding like one of my best works so far.
>>
>>51745685

what synth are not complete shit? Massive is nice, but the default are terrabad and I`m tired of going through 99% junk. I just end up using them in the background or just for quirky effects here and there, few actually work as main drivers because they all sound so shitty.

Can`t make smooth deep base for the life of me either.
>>
>>51750012
I really love Serum, it lets you control more of the synth, theres one called Orchestra you may have to hunt down that has like every instrument in it that you would normally in an Orchestra which is pretty awesome when I redo midi game files. that's always fun as fuck to do
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.