[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this worry you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1373375697460.jpg (32 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1373375697460.jpg
32 KB, 405x344
"UK gov says new Home Sec will have power to ban end-to-end encryption"

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/14/gov_says_new_home_sec_iwilli_have_powers_to_ban_endtoend_encryption/
>>
How are they going to stop me?
>>
>>55592422
This charter will also give them the power to monitor and log your internet traffic. They could force ISPs to block the use of VPNs and services which allow encrypted communication. Big companies like Facebook will just make their end to end encryption unavailble to UK users. At the very least it's going to become much, much more difficult to have any degree of privacy on the internet once May pushes this stuff through. The attack in France will be a perfect propaganda tool to use in support of it too. Gotta stop the terrorists, goyim!
>>
atleast they're not in the EU anymore :^3
>>
>>55592473
>connect to wifi a couple blocks down the road
>they can''t use WPA since muh encryption laws
>use VPN
>they all get vanned
Future is so bright I can't see anymore.
>>
cUKed
>>
>>55592473
We'll start using steganography: hiding our encrypted communication in cat pictures.
>>
>>55592521
You likely won't even be able to connect to VPNs any more, unless they're state-approved and thoroughly backdoored. It would be trivial for ISPs to block people from using them.
>>
>>55592590
I like this. Encryption and stenography. How would we go about doing it though? Cat pictures are nice, but what is more convincing?
>>
>>55593081

LauraB
>>
>>55592079
Doesn't worry me. I live in the land of the free. Enjoy your Orwellian nightmare britcuck.
>>
>>55593204
We're next nigger. Keep coming after us until there's no one left to help defend us.
>>
>>55593204
I live in the United States as well but if you believe it is still the land of the free you must be retarded..... Or be from the south.
>>
Sure they'll have the power, but that's not a change. The home office has the power to do what it wants, that doesn't mean they will do it because I honestly believe that much as the Tories are cunts, they're sly, manipulative, sleazy cunts, but they're not stupid. Someone will tell them that this isn't feasible and it'll get dropped again. This shit happens every three months before someone points out that encryption is critical to banks and corporations.
>>
>>55593241
>must be retarded... or be from the south

The latter implies the former
>>
>>55593204
this, britbongs really need to just stop posting until they get their shit together
>>
File: 1451859254876.gif (811 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1451859254876.gif
811 KB, 400x224
>>55592619
>Buy a cheap ass remote server
>Make and run your own VPN
>>
>>55592079
fucking UK government is worse than the EU, and I thought the EU was bad god fucking damn. They are planning on putting a 10 year trip to prison for simply file sharing. Fucking leave the UK, it simply shouldn't exist, what a fucking train wreck.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.