[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2-in-1 laptops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 81rOAK8upLL._SL1500_.jpg (138 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
81rOAK8upLL._SL1500_.jpg
138 KB, 1500x1001
So I'm about to get a new laptop and I definitely want a 2-in-1. I'm a college student, and the portability of my current dell inspiron 3147 is good enough to where I definitely want my next laptop to be a 2-in-1. The problem is that the Dell inspiron 3147 is Absolute Garbage and is terribly built/designed. It worked for a few months but just started crapping out and shit just started breaking on me. The keyboard is just out of commission entirely and it acts like I'm shutting it down every time I close it. It's also generally slowed down and I get frequent bluescreens and issues with drivers. Needless to say, I'm never buying dell again.
So here's my dilemma: I want a new 2-in-1 that doesnt suck. I'm thinking of getting the ASUS 2-in-1 here: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Flip-Laptop-Intel-Black/dp/B00S44ADQU , but I'm reading some of the reviews and seeing people with similar problems.

TL;DR i need a good 2-in-1 laptop.
Does anybody have any solid recommendations?
>>
blease.....helb me
>>
File: 15.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
15.png
250 KB, 500x375
>>55532373
ay, I have a lenovo 2 in 1. It's pretty bad and lags a lot. Most of them have very very poor processors and can hardly run chrome. Just be wise in what you buy and research the specs. But desu its good as a little screen for studying, netflix and hearthstone, but honestly i would just buy a normal laptop as touch screen is pretty gimmicky
>>
File: 1445903275606.jpg (16 KB, 293x315) Image search: [Google]
1445903275606.jpg
16 KB, 293x315
>>55533234
first off thanks for responding. The model I'm thinking of getting has pretty solid specs for what it is; intel core i7, 8 gigs of ram, etc. I can even get it with a SSD to possibly make it run faster. I'm more worried about it breaking down, or having to worry about it just crapping out/getting slow on me early. I'm pretty set on this ASUS one, but i just wanna make sure I'm not passing up a better option, because on paper it honestly looks pretty solid. My sister just got a lower-spec version of the same model, and she loves it aside from its crappy speakers. But like my 3147 was great for the first 3 months and THEN it started getting fucky, so I'm taking her words with a grain of salt.
>>
x220 tablet
>>
If you're already falling for the convertible meme, why not fall for the Thinkpad meme too? Fall for two memes at once with the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga. Get the 260 or the 460 and you can even draw on the screen (is that a meme too?).
>>
>>55533486
>getting slow on me
Computers do not "get slow", they get filled with crap by idiotic end users. The problem is the computer, it's you, the mouth breathing fucktard using it.
>>
>>55533611
wow cool wow neat wow great cool thanks buddy hey dude we should become friends you're really good at this ah sweet. nice
>>
>>55533572
Obviously I have a desktop I just need something lightweight and portable to bring to lectures.
Also the fact that you can draw on it is actually a plus for me because I'm an artist, which is half the reason i want one of these so
>>
>>55532373
I have a cheap ass Linx 1010b tablet an the prestanda runs smooth as fuck desu. My only problem is that its a chinese crap brand so it has hada alot of hardware failures. if you buy an ASUS or something simillar, I promise you that you wont be disapointed. I mainly use it for programming in python and surfing the webs.
>>
>>55533798
that is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear, thanks. I'm gonna be using it for pretty much exactly that. web surfing, netflix and shit, and coding. I gravitated towards asus because they seem to be known for quality builds. The main issue with the 3147 is that it was literally BUILT badly with cheap parts. I opened mine up and everything is literally being held together by heat tape and its not efficiently ventilated at all. I just need a quality 2-in-1 thats BUILT well.
>>
>>55533611
>The problem is the computer, it's you
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.