[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mouse thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: mousearm3-366x366.jpg (15 KB, 366x366) Image search: [Google]
mousearm3-366x366.jpg
15 KB, 366x366
Has anybody tried the Hippon Handshoe mouse?
I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand from bad mouse use. I currently use a trackball, which has helped a lot, but I miss the precision of a regular mouse, so I was looking at ergonomic mouse designs. The Handshoe seems really nice - especially since I have quite long fingers, and at the moment any mouse I've tried, my pinky and ring finger will be clenched awkwardly on the side of the mouse, or resting on the table, which sucks as soon as you start moving the mouse.
>>
*Hippus, not Hippon.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>55519987
if a normal mouse gives you RSI, "ergonomic" mouses (mice?) will still give you RSI. Fix your seating/desk arrangement before getting a new mouse, because you're probably doing something wrong that a mouse won't fix. Also, the best ergonomic mice for reduced wrist strain/RSI are the vertical kind.
>pic related
>>
>>55520017
Seems like you'd have to constantly clench that mouse - which seems bad. I just want a mouse where I can totally rest my hand on it, without having to apply any sort of force to keep my hand in position.

And I already have fixed my seating and desk arrangement etc. And it's still jarring how quickly I get pains in my hand when using a mouse where I have to hold it claw-like, and move it at the same time. Especially when using the scroll wheel. For me, it seems my pains are largely related with constantly straining my mouse hand - when I use my trackball can just let it rest and I have no issues even after 12+ hours of constant use. But with my previous Sensei Raw mouse (I had to use it for an evening cause I forgot my trackball at work), it only took about 30 minutes before I started having pains again, regardless of posture etc.
>>
>>55520078
you dont have to "grip" the vertical ones to keep your hand on them. they would stay put without any extra force, so dont let that dissuade you. For most people, the repetitive strain comes from lifting the mouse, so you should try using the highest sensitivity possible
>>
>>55520103
>so you should try using the highest sensitivity possible
Always am, always have been. I don't lift the mouse either, but because of my long fingers, I'm not able to rest my hand comfortably on most mouses, if I have to be able to move it too.
Thanks regardless. I'm mostly looking for someone who's tried both the vertical and the Hippus Handshoe one, to get a comparison in strain and such.
>>
>>55520078
You want the Evoluent VerticalMouse 4.
I was getting forearm pain and that mouse fixed it completely. The difference was noticeable in literally a day. Not trying to sound like a shill but desu senpai that mouse literally improved my quality of life.
>>
File: 20160622_161444.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160622_161444.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>55520189
Here it is on my desk. Piece of electrical tape on the bottom there because it lights up and it's bright af. Works great senpai. Other mouse is for rare occasion where I need super accuracy but desu I almost never use it.
>>
File: posture1.jpg (31 KB, 283x292) Image search: [Google]
posture1.jpg
31 KB, 283x292
>>55519987

Ihave proper posture and
only problems I fixed were having my m+kb too far apart ( fixed with tenkeyless keyboard) , arms not parallel to my kb+m (fixed with height adjustment) .

With mouse movement you only use your wrist, not the whole arm.

As a graphic designer, programmer and playing video games improper posture really will mess you up unless you fix it.

Also ask the doctor what exercises you can do to improve wrists.
>>
>>55520189
>>55520212
Don't your fingers rest on top of each other with a vertical mouse though? I would find that very uncomfortable.

Also, you have a second mouse for precision work - how's the precision of the vertical one then? The entire reason for me getting anything other than my current trackball is for precision work (mostly so I can play minesweeper again to be perfectly honest, it's fucking impossible with a trackball), so if the responsiveness is lackluster, it'd defeat the entire purpose for me.
>>
>>55520279
Read the rest of my responses - I've already sorted all those issues (to the extent where it's literally not an issue for me anymore as long as I use my trackball), and when I do use my non-trackball mouse I also move my entire arm with my mouse movements. I didn't make this thread for advice on my carpal tunnel, I made it to get opinions on ergonomic mouses like the verticals and the Handshoe. I just miss the responsiveness and precision of a regular non-trackball mouse, and was wondering which kind would best fit my needs.
>>
>>55520341
sorry anon I don't know good luck tho
>>
>>55519987
Try getting one with a close grip. CM storm makes a cheap shitty one for $15. Then your pinky and ring finger can rest on the mouse.
>>
>>55520312
No its quite comfortable there's lots of room for fingers.
It's not a problem except for incredibly fine small movements when editing photos in Photoshop.
I use the VerticalMouse 99% of the time, even FPS, and most Photoshop uses.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.