[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are iPhones such huge pieces of usable shit? Is it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15
File: 1047285639572.png (152 KB, 1080x958) Image search: [Google]
1047285639572.png
152 KB, 1080x958
Why are iPhones such huge pieces of usable shit?

Is it because of Tim Cuck? I remember back in the day an iPhone used to be worth a shit now they're just a joke.

I'm getting an Android phone as soon as someone buys my iPhone 6 turd on ebay.
>>
Why im on iPhone

>faster than any android phone
>best looking UI
>applications consistent with the system UI
>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
>does everything I need
>just works
>doesnt start to lag progressively with use
>pretty much the best build quality on market
>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
>great design
>software updates for years and years
>almost no depreciation
>more secure/encrypted
>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
>best 1st & 3rd party support
>best apps and dev support
>imessage/Higher social status

Android is not worth the money unless you are really poor.
>>
>i dont like this therefore everyone has to agree!!!!!1111
fuck off
>>
File: 1455829980996.jpg (271 KB, 738x1028) Image search: [Google]
1455829980996.jpg
271 KB, 738x1028
>>55444278
hmm
>>
iPhones were always disgustingly locked-down devices that hate your freedom
>>
>>55444393
hmm
http://www.techinsider.io/apple-never-unlocked-iphone-for-law-enforcement-2016-2
>>
File: 1455754965688.png (236 KB, 966x390) Image search: [Google]
1455754965688.png
236 KB, 966x390
>>55444278
>apple
>privacy
I love this meme.

Also how is owning an iPhone "higher status" when mostly niggers own them?
>>
>>55444393
>saves a cut out pic from 4chan
>thinks its proof of something

lmfao
>>
>>55444428
>privacy
Better than android.

>Also how is owning an iPhone "higher status" when mostly niggers own them?

http://www.businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4

>Apple users are significantly richer than non-Apple users according to Credit Suisse
>>
>>55444428
you're autistic

>>55444210
shit list
>>
>>55444416
>apple denies...
Of course they would. It's too late now, everyone already knows what an unsecure piece of shit iOS is. I sold my iPhone 6s when the FBI were able to unlock an "encrypted" iPhone.

It's not the dipshit feds I'm afraid of, it's the russian and chinese hackers who know what the software and hardware backdoors on iPhones are.
>>
>>55444486
>hurr your proof is invalid
>mine isnt because I said so

Ok kid

And android is even less secure. And the phone they claimed FBI unlock was an old iPhone 5. ¨You can do it with a 6s.
>>
>>55444486
wow you're so ignorant and autistic at the same time.
>>
>>55444486
https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/no-apple-has-not-unlocked-70-iphones-for-law-enforcement/

meanwhile on android:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CuNxOHgS5E

lmfao
>>
File: 1450886301720.webm (1 MB, 350x237) Image search: [Google]
1450886301720.webm
1 MB, 350x237
>>55444458
hmmmmmmmmm

http://www.neowin.net/news/one-in-five-iphone-users-constantly-overdrawn

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-uk-iphone-users-look-rich-but-usually-have-an-overdrawn-bank-account-1528185

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1373055/Why-iPhone-users-look-rich-usually-poor.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/one-in-five-iphone-users-is-always-overdrawn-according-to-study-115091-Apr2011/

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1719057/Why-iPhone-users-look-rich-but-are-usually-poor.html
>>
>>55444458
>Better than android.

How so? An open source rom without gapps would offer better privacy.
>>
>>55444501
Do you call everyone autistic when you don't have any form of rebuttal?
>>
>>55444540
aahahhaha lol no

>>55444564
look at the mad retard
>>
>>55444527
iPoors BTFO
>>
>>55444527
hmmmmmm

>http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-uk-iphone-users-look-rich-but-usually-have-an-overdrawn-bank-account-1528185
>Under one in five owners
haha

>http://www.neowin.net/news/one-in-five-iphone-users-constantly-overdrawn
>2011

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1373055/Why-iPhone-users-look-rich-usually-poor.html
>2011

>http://www.thejournal.ie/one-in-five-iphone-users-is-always-overdrawn-according-to-study-115091-Apr2011/
>2011

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1719057/Why-iPhone-users-look-rich-but-are-usually-poor.html
>2011

Get a load of this poorfag

Meanwhile in the real world.

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
http://www.businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4

>Apple users are significantly richer than non-Apple users according to Credit Suisse
>>
File: Capture.jpg (89 KB, 783x741) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
89 KB, 783x741
>>55444583
How much is apple paying you? Can I become a paid shill too? Where do I sign up?
>>
>>55444583
>Immaturity the post.
>>
>>55444527
Jesus christ, it all makes sense now. All the niggers and wiggers I see with iPhones usually work at mcdonalds or some retail store.
>>
>>55444527
ayy lmao

>>55444601
*damage control intensifies*
>>
>>55444527
You literally posted 5 websites quoting the same study. And its it barely even compares iPhones users wealth to Android users. And they were conducted in the UK. In 2011.

How mad are you?
>>
File: 683538.gif (994 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
683538.gif
994 KB, 500x295
>>55444527
>>
>>55444651
>*damage control intensifies*
>has no arguments
>hurrr damage control
>>
>>55444527
>>55444601
I have an iPhone and I'm poor as fuck. Kek.
>>
>>55444694
So what? I never said there arent poor iPhone users. But in average iPhone users are richer than the rest.
>>
>>55444527
>article so old its comapring with blackberries

lmao
How deep did you have to dig for this one m8?
>>
>>55444605
Pop contacts....kys
>>55444605
Retard post
>>
@55444749
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: XfzG3.png (551 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
XfzG3.png
551 KB, 500x667
>>55444527
aplel users btfo
>>
>>55444210
I'm switching from my galaxy s5 to the new iPhone in September.

Android just doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm ready for something new. Android is admittedly extremely laggy at times and downright unusable every once in a while.
>>
>>55444803
This. I'm switching from my ZTE Blade to an iPhone. The lagdroid meme is real beside I hate expandable storage and torrenting on my phone because they molested me as a kid, fuck them.
>>
>>55444843
>torrenting
>expandable storage

Useless IMO. But if you really need those things on a phone, stay on android.
>>
>>55444709

This is a Bayesian problem. Things that cost more money are going to tend to be bought by people with more money to spend. This is generally true regardless of the quality of the product.

I had a 3GS in 2009 when it was the best thing on the market. I got fed up with constantly having to fight Apple to get the phone to do what I wanted it to do, so I bought a Nexus One when it came out and never looked back.

I've been consistently amazed at people being amazed at iOS features that have existed on other platforms for years; everything from voice actions to NFC payments to front-facing cameras to fingerprint sensors. I had people asking me if my Pebble Steel was an "iWatch" for a year and a half.

If you're retarded, rich or just don't give a fuck, the form factor and "just werkz" philosophy (insofar as Apple has deemed what you want it to do acceptable) of iOS might be worthwhile; if you like your technology to do what you tell it to do and not the other way around, then it's way more of a headache than it's worth.

4/10 OP made me reply seriously
>>
>>55444210
fuck off Vomit chan
>>
File: 1047285628562.jpg (103 KB, 719x1117) Image search: [Google]
1047285628562.jpg
103 KB, 719x1117
>>55444891
It's not like anyone needs more than 8GB of storage space and microsd cards are slower than dial-up internet and cost thousands of dollars amirite?
>>
>>55444843
>>55444803

Android isn't nearly as good if you take the stock bloatware distros that come with most locked phones. You're better off on iOS if you don't or can't root/load your own OS images and have the money to burn, unless you buy one of the few models that comes stock, like the Nexus line.
>>
>>55444958
Nah OP is not vomit chan, she usually posts better bait. Where is that bitch anyway? Haven't seen her post here for a while now.
>>
>>55444950
>This is a Bayesian problem. Things that cost more money are going to tend to be bought by people with more money to spend. This is generally true regardless of the quality of the product.
Sure, to an extent. But why do Androidfags deny that most iPhone users are richer?

>I've been consistently amazed at people being amazed at iOS features that have existed on other platforms for years; everything from voice actions to NFC payments to front-facing cameras to fingerprint sensors. I had people asking me if my Pebble Steel was an "iWatch" for a year and a half.
Because when Apple does it, it just works,

>If you're retarded, rich or just don't give a fuck, the form factor and "just werkz" philosophy (insofar as Apple has deemed what you want it to do acceptable) of iOS might be worthwhile; if you like your technology to do what you tell it to do and not the other way around, then it's way more of a headache than it's worth.
Not really. I like technology. I probably know more about technology then average person, but I dont have to buy an Android because of that. They are simply two different platforms that offer two different experiences. In the end whatever I do on my Android I can do on my iPhone.
>>
>>55444964
Sure m8. I dont really need it though. I have enough space on for everything I need. I chose iOS for other reasons. Its not a SD card that its going to keep me on android.
>>
>>55444210
My iphone does everything i need it to do.. you must be fucking retarded
>>
>>55444278
>when its brand new
>subjective but no customisability
>"
>HAHAHA no
>does facebook, and thats it really
>WERKS
>m8, it chugs after about a year of use
>yes, actually. expensive as shit tho for what you get
>yes/no/yes/no sd card slot, fuck you
>be more vague
>obsolete after 6 months
>"
>terrorist phone
>doesnt need ad money, you just coughed up $549
>best 1st party, worst 3rd party
>"
>wifi texting, hipster garbage

iphone is not worth the money unless you are exceptionally rich/don't know any better/both
>>
>>55445163
>that is android
>k
>you cant customiza applications on android
>Yes, actually.
>Does everything a smartphone needs to do
>yup
>not really. That is android
>you can name a single brand with better build quality
>not a great screen? Cmon
>everyone copies it
>that is android, because it doesn't get updated
>iPhones resell for better value than any android m8
>uwot?
>google fags usual dont care
>not really, iPhone is the most supported phone for almost everything
>Yes it is
>Better than SMS
>>
>>55445011

I would argue that a lot of shit you aren't "supposed" to do is significantly more difficult on iOS, based on my experience with it and jailbreaking (in particular, how every update would deliberately break jailbreak and you had to plug it into iTunes back in the day), but I gather that's not really relevant for you; you seem to fit into the "dgaf" category that isn't really interested in doing such things anyway.

>why are most droidfags such asspained cunts

Most Androidfags deny that iPhone users are richer because of the tribe mentality that guides most consumer decisions, and at which Apple is particularly good. This tells people that they are better than others for their consumer electronics choices, and engenders deep-seated butthurt as a result, especially on /g/ which is already full of socially maladapted tech elitists. Part of the price gap between iOS and Android is also influenced by this; like the Prius, iOS subtly markets itself as a luxury item and status symbol.

>it just works

This is a major part of Apple's success; their design is much more polished, and they have a way of making even a lack of a feature or flaw seem like a deliberate choice on behalf of the user. They also tend to work better for the average user by restricting them from the smartphone equivalent of installing BonziBuddy. They're an instructive case for any manner of engineer of consumer products: if you have to read the manual to use a feature, most people won't bother with it at all.

FWIW I have a MacBook Pro that I bought used for live music, because I needed a laptop that just werked for the purpose and didn't want to dick around with fucking driver updates and hunting millisecond lags in tough-to-swap laptop parts like I had to do with my desktop.
>>
File: 4470591-steve-jobs.jpg (678 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
4470591-steve-jobs.jpg
678 KB, 1200x800
Aplele can't even keep up with storage lmao. By the time thet release the 256GB iPhone 7, 512GB microsd cards will already be out lmao.

>inb4 "buhhh-but you only need 8GB of storage or else you're autistic because saying otherwise hurts my feelings!"

see >>55444964

RIP in peace aplel
>>
>>55445248
(You)
>>
>>55445323
Kys
>>
>>55445323
Yes, everyone is unhappy with the amount of storage iPhones have. Apple will go bankrupt soon. What people really want on phones is 500gb of storage, forget everything else.
>>
>>55444278

The one thing on here that is legit is iMessage. It would be extremely useful to have this enabled on Android without having to use a carrier-specific OS image. For instance, I work in large hospitals where cell service is often spotty, and much of the quick communication with my colleagues is via text. Without iMessage we're relegated to third party solutions like WhatsApp, which require any new medical students or residents rotating on the team to download, whereas iOS users can simply send one another SMS and the message gets there whether they have cell signal or not if they're on WiFi.
>>
File: cranky-crying-toddler.jpg (333 KB, 1155x1732) Image search: [Google]
cranky-crying-toddler.jpg
333 KB, 1155x1732
>>55445346
pic related (You)
>>
Reminder that iPhone sales are dropping and mostly trend following teenagers sustain their marketbase.

Iphones break more easily than any of their counterparts. Hell, the iphone 6 and 6s line can be bent simply using your hands.

Now many people are going back for their 3rd or 4th new smartphone upgrade, or to replace the shatter mess their shit high schooler owned for less than a year. Parents and retards are all picking up that Apple makes objectively inferior phones and iTunes is a ball clenching bloat trap.
>>
>>55445367

Apple did actually just post their first quarterly earnings drop in almost a decade last quarter, and their stock had one of its worst days on record. Conventional wisdom in tech investing at this point is that Apple has saturated its target markets and will be seeing a substantial slowdown in revenue growth over the coming years unless it can manage to come out with another device on par in sales with the iPhone and iPad debuts, which the Apple Watch hasn't been. Even the name "Apple Watch" is troubling; the "i-" brand is incredibly valuable, and it's baffling to see Apple simply toss it away.
>>
>>55445401
>Reminder that iPhone sales are dropping and mostly trend following teenagers sustain their marketbase.
Proof?
>>
>>55445382
Nice, show how childish I am by being childish
>>
>>55445417
Not really. The rate of people moving from Android to iPhone is bigger than ever before.

iPhones are selling less simply because users have less incentive to upgrade their phones nowadays.
>>
>>55445367
For real though iPhone sales have been plummeting and normies have lost interest in iPhones. Not saying they are going bankrupt overnight but they need to fire that homosexual CEO and put a normal human being in charge before Apple collapses in on itself.

Investors are getting very worried too. The apple stock has been crashing for a while now and nothing new they've recently released has pulled it back up to the $100+ range.
>>
>>55445450
>normies have lost interest in iPhone
That is what you want to believe.

Just like everything you said in your post.
>>
>>55445421
Im on mobile. Google it.
>>
>>55445448

>The rate

The *number* is; the number of people switching from iPhone to Android has also grown, because more people are using both. Android's installed userbase continues to climb. What you're saying otherwise is pretty much repeating what I said: Apple has saturated its market; its newer models are failing to keep earnings growth rates at their historical levels. Its users weren't always as reticent to upgrade as they are now.
>>
>>55445417
Nice insight
>>
>>55445471
Then explain this chart. Android is getting close to 90% marketshare. It will get there if the iPhone 7 turns out to be a giant flop like bendgate. Apple is literally in danger of being another windows phone fiasco.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/266136/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems/
>>
>>55445496
>because more people are using both.
Disagree. Most people have one phone rather than 2.

Its not apple that saturated its market, its the smartphone market that is sutured. Pretty much anyone has a phone already.
>>
>>55445550
What does market share has to do with this? Apple doesn't need a big market share, they have the profits.
>>
>>55445550
Yellow is Symbian mobile OS for anyone wondering. RIP
>>
>>55445471

He has hard stock data to back him up. Apple isn't going to collapse in on itself, but they may well shrink back to being the niche product they were in the late 90s if they don't find a way to continue justifying their price points.

>>55445565

No, I mean that both iOS and Android have more users than before, not necessarily that more people are using both - although that is probably also true.
>>
>>55445609
>niche product they were in the late 90s if they don't find a way to continue justifying their price points.

Not anytime soon in my opinion. iPhone is the phone phone everyone emulates, and most people want to have. IPhones are their own culture now. Most people would probably buy one if they could justify in their budgets.

Not to mention the gateway effect. IPhones are like a gateway drug to Apple, once someone buys one they tend to buy an iPad, a Macbook, an Apple watch etc.

Apple isnt going away anytime soon.
>>
>>55445587
Ask Microsoft.
>>
>>55445587

Platforms need ecosystems to thrive, and ecosystems need market share. Relative percentages aren't necessarily important, but the fewer customers platform reaches, the harder it is to get third party developers to code for it. Apple themselves ran up against this wall and caved in 2006, when they gave up the Mac CPU ghost and started using Intel chips.
>>
>>55445672
>Apple isnt going away anytime soon.
That's literally what they said about Symbian lmao.
>>
>>55445691
But apple has the marketshare that matters. Devs prioritize apple because they actually make money selling apps, unlike android.

And its not small either. In countries like US apple has 50% market share. For a single company that is huge.
>>
>>55445672

>iPhones are their own culture now

Don't bet on the intransigence of such a thing, especially in tech. This is what Motorola said about the Razr in 2007.

>Most people would probably buy one if they could justify in their budgets

This percentage is dropping, actually, which is exactly the problem to which I'm referring.

It would take many years for Apple to degrade back to its 90s self, but business in general is sink-or-swim, and tech in particular is particularly brutal about this. Nobody would have called the trajectory of Blackberry or Nokia in 2006.
>>
>>55445746
>This percentage is dropping, actually
What percentage? iPhone is still the phone that everyone wants to have. You are delusional if you think this isnt true.

The fact that people are buying less phones doesnt change that.
>>
>>55445731
>But apple has the marketshare that matters.
So did Symbian now look at them.

>Devs prioritize apple because they actually make money selling apps, unlike android.
If people start leaving apple do you think money will be made out of thin air if nobody buys anything?

>And its not small either. In countries like US apple has 50% market share. For a single company that is huge.
lmao no they don't. More like 25% at best. However they do have a strong influence in weeabo land, you should have used them as an example itoddler.
>>
>>55445731

Apple does not have 50% market share in the United States. People do tend to spend more on apps on iOS than on Android per capita, but the reason that some devs prioritize iOS is also largely because it's an easier development environment, given the greatly reduced number of different device types that a given program can possibly be expected to run on. Besides, the per capita spending argument also only works as long as installed base stays significant enough to justify the disparity in customers reached.
>>
File: 215210-1280-640x431.jpg (47 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
215210-1280-640x431.jpg
47 KB, 640x431
>>55445804
>So did Symbian now look at them.
Not really comparable.

>If people start leaving apple do you think money will be made out of thin air if nobody buys anything?
Bu nobody is leaving apple

>lmao no they don't. More like 25% at best. However they do have a strong influence in weeabo land, you should have used them as an example itoddler.
ok
>>
Consumerism the thread I understand consumerism on computers you pay for what you get, but who spends 600-1,000 dollars a year on a new phone.

>Inb4 hurr durr I make lots of money you poorfag look he can't afford a thousand a year on a phone

It's not that I can't it is that I'm not so retarded to do it. A phone is a phone if you do anything other than make calls send texts and emails and use it for light entertainment your incredibly stupid. Do you need to spend a thousand dollars every year to do the above things no. I hope all you consumerist shits eat a bag of baby dicks.
>>
>>55445789
>iPhone is still the phone that everyone wants to have.
lolno, most people want to use their phone for torrenting or use them as a flash drive and iPhones can't deliver that no matter how many hundreds of dollars you throw at apple. Yes you can get half baked apps to do those things IF you jailbreak your iPhone leaving it with a huge security exploit russian and chinese hackers will stick their dick in.

It's actually very easy for aplel to gain more marketshare but they're too stubborn to change. All they have to do is add micro sd card support for the iPhone 7, ability to torrent and use the phone as a flash drive (ie MTP) and they will annihilate Android. But they won't. Instead they're digging their own graves.
>>
>>55445884
>lolno, most people want to use their phone for torrenting or use them as a flash drive
Stopped reading there

iPhone does everything 99% of the market needs.

stop being delusional.
>>
>>55445884
Who uses a clunky phone as a flash drive when you can buy 64gb flash drives for 15 dollars?
>>
>>55445882
This. I spend $100 tops for a fucking phone. Both you andrones and icucks are getting fucked in the ass either way if you're spending ~$1,000 for a fucking phone.

Not poor either. Currently have 30K in the bank in savings.
>>
>>55445789

You're speaking in absolutes. "Everyone" wanting to have any phone is going to be obviously false by definition in any sufficiently large group.

What you're saying is that many people, or even most people, would prefer an iPhone if they could afford it. The degree to which this was ever true is a matter of debate, but isn't relevant to my claim, which only deals with relative change. However, the fact that Apple has continued to lose market share to Android despite explicitly targeting more budget-minded consumers with devices like the 5C makes your claim - that all or even most people would choose Apple devices if they were within their price range - less plausible.
>>
File: microsd.jpg (101 KB, 720x1197) Image search: [Google]
microsd.jpg
101 KB, 720x1197
>>55445900
Then explain >>55445550

>>55445922
Because of pic related. Actually it's a little known fact that many modern usb flash drives are just a microsd card enclosed inside an adapter inside a plastic case lol.
>>
>>55445970
This. In fact I wouldn't use an iPhone even if one was given to me for free. They're that bad.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.