[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
out of office nomads? 2016?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: e53.jpg (44 KB, 564x752) Image search: [Google]
e53.jpg
44 KB, 564x752
Do people still work at coffee houses and from home and shit? If you do, where do you prefer to hang all day? Office life can be so fucking boring, but I never understood how anyone could stay more than 10 mins at one same place without getting bugged too much and finally kicked out by the cafeteria owners. Guess I live in the wrong town, here they start cleaning your table before you even get the dessert.
>>
Working from home sounds nice but you would probably have to be pretty experienced to start with and also be able to create a nice atmosphere in your workspace and home
>>
>>55439482
>Do people still work at coffee houses
You mean for extended time, on purpose and not just for 15 minutes while having a quick coffee between meetings on a business trip?
Probably not. Unless you count hipster shit as work, if the cliche is true.

>and from home and shit?
That seems somewhat common, judging from my current and previous jobs. But only as a "sometimes" thing, like some folks have a contract that says 4 days office + 1 day home office, or some spontaneous things like "my wife is sick, I'll stay home, but I'll be working from there, and I'm of course on call anyways".
I quite like the latter option.

> If you do, where do you prefer to hang all day?
I dont really like coffee shops, for the reasons you mentioned, and because it's quite loud, and not a really good work atmosphere. I sometimes work at home, or in the train, when I am travelling to visit my parents, and dont want to waste some holiday days for travel.
Otherwise, I occasionally like to work in the park for a while, or on the walls of the castle overlooking the town.
>>
File: cecinestpasunpepe.jpg (7 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
cecinestpasunpepe.jpg
7 KB, 269x187
ceci n'est pas un bump
>>
>>55439482
I work from home full time. It is awesome, been doing it a few yrs now. I love being able to work in my custom environment versus a common space. Plus, never have to worry about some asshole in the bathroom wrecking the place.
>>
>>55439482
>that pic
KEK
>>
>>55439482
The key is, you do not work from a place that has servers/waiters. You see, if you plant your ass at a table for the day, they don't earn money from that table. They want tips, they want people eating, paying and leaving and a the next customer to show up and rinse and repeat. Of course if somebody is coming by to clean your table before they serve you dessert, that is not the kind of place you work from.

Coffee shops generally do not have wait staff looking for service tips. A few on my team will sit all day in a Starbucks and they don't give a shit because they do not work for tips. other than the cup at the register.

Doesn't take a brain to figure out the obvious..seems you missed it though.
>>
>>55439482
Working from home is GOAT. Been doing it since 2011ish.

It's nice to skip town for a few days and set up at my parents' house just to be able to hang around and visit during the evenings.
>>
>>55442286
I absolutely agree on the first part, but the second? Is that really how it is in burgerland?
Even in a coffee shop, with no waiters, you'd get funny looks, if you are staying for "too long". That is, waiting mor than, let's say 15 minutes, before getting your next drink.
>>
>>55442519
No matter where you are, it probably depends a lot on how busy it is and how much space you're taking up. If there are a million people coming in and out with standing room only and you're taking up a full 4-person table with your gear, yeah they're going to want you to GTFO.
>>
There's a donut shop that serves good coffee. It hasn't changed since the 1970's, the Koreans who bought just decided to roll with it.

I spend about 3 hours there every morning, but they're never busy, so it's not like I'm taking a seat someone else is waiting to open.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.