[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nvidia has a way higher stock and marketshare than AMD, yet spends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Nvidia has a way higher stock and marketshare than AMD, yet spends about the same in R&D

really makes you think
>>
>spends $10million more in 3 months
>about the same
>>
>>55421827
i bet they spend triple their R&D budget in marketing. that's the real winner. it doesn't matter how good your product is if you don't know how to sell it.

take Beats for example. they sound like shit compared to other high end headphones, yet sell like fucking crazy. that is the power of good marketing. that's why Apple bought beats. they do the same thing with their shit, although its more effective. AMD has always done absolutely horrible with marketing. unless they start doing it properly, they're going to fade into nothing.
>>
>>55422022
this, nvidia has put a lot of money into marketing and we see the results, no matter the quality of a product
>>
>>55423144
>nvidia has put a lot of money into marketing and we see the results
Yeah, remember that time when they sabotaged AMD products so it fries your computer? That was great marketing.
>>
AMD has to split that R&D budget across CPUs and GPUs.
>>
where you get theses graph ? google finance say nvidia spend 1.3 billions amd spend 900 millions in 2015 .
>>
>>55423378
This
>>
>>55421827
>I don't understand basic money

What matters is budget per dollar gross
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.