[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I make a website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: FirstThingIfound.jpg (114 KB, 485x368) Image search: [Google]
FirstThingIfound.jpg
114 KB, 485x368
I have been wanting to create a website for about a year now. And I have been digging around online and the only thing I can find is stuff saying.
>Buy This Website Designer Program for 100USD a month

But I don't want to use a shitty program. I want to code it my self.
>>
>>55417192
bump
>>
Maybe you should have spent a year googling "how to code a website myself"
>>
Learn HTML and CSS fi you want to really code it yourself. If you want anything interactive or content that changes, learn PHP as well.

It's probably easier to install a CMS like WordPress or Drupal. WordPress is easy to get started with so I would recommend that. You barely have to work with anything technical once you get it up and running.

If you want to play around first before you pay a hosting provider, download WAMP Server onto your computer if it's running Windows. This'll let you play with Apache, MySQL, and PHP -- all 3 which are required for WordPress to run.
>>
>>55417572
Well that put me further.

I was not searching for a year. I was thinking about doing it for about a year now.
>>
>>55417192
>searching online for a year and can't find stuff on how to create a website
>thinks he can code it himself
dude, you are clearly too retarded. give up and switch the TV back on.
>>
>>55417602
I just want to learn how. And again. I was not searching around a year. I was THINKING about it it for a year. It was just today I searched it on google. I came to /g/ because I thought maybe I could figure out what I should do faster, with less crap to search through.
>>
>>55417594
>>55417572
I did that and Code Academy came up. Is that a good place to start?
>>
>>55417677
Hey this web site works for me. Thank you for putting me in the right direction /g/.
>>
>>55417192
Learn HTML & CSS, both of them are easy, really easy. Play with it, then you can move to other stuff.
If you need any actual help, let me know and me & some friends at Discord can help you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.