[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programmers of /g/; What's the best way to improve productivity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: wutwat.jpg (66 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
wutwat.jpg
66 KB, 640x539
Programmers of /g/; What's the best way to improve productivity?
>>
watching anime and installing gentoo
>>
>>55406452
this desu senpai
>>
>>55406443
Here's my list

1) Close your browser tabs containing 4chan, newspages, facebook, reddit, whatever shitty irrelevant stuff you're not supposed to read or do
2) Get some coffee
3) Make a playlist (or follow a playlist) with "work music" (In my case it's basically electronica, house or chillout without any lyrics or too complicated rythms)
4) Put on headset to signal to others that you are busy and don't want to get disturbed
5) Get two monitors if you don't have it already... No seriously, use main one for code and second one for documentation, building, testing, running, whatever
>>
>>55406452
Excuse me but the topic is NOT `how to become a basement-dwelling neckbeard`
>>
>>55406481
>get two monitors
How about a monitor and a laptop on the side?
>>
>>55406519
Also works
>>
>>55406519
>>55406602
And of course virtual workspaces works too.
>>
>>55406443
Stick to zen. Fuck the work.
>>
>>55406443

Definitely NOT visiting /g/..
>>
>>55406443
Coffee, about 50 terminals, and emacs.
>>
>>55406443
Try to do new stuff, learning is fun.
>>
>>55406443
Stop browsing /g/.
>>
Nootropics and dressing as a cute little girl
>>
Using more than 2 monitors
>>
>>55406452
>installing gentoo

OP said to IMPROVE productivity
>>
>>55408946
nootropics are stupid, don't waste your money on them.
it's just caffeine v2.0, but way more expensive because it's "cool".
>>
>>55406443
don't be a perfectionist

just get it done
>>
Modafinil
>>
>>55409261
>caffeine v2.0
That sounds great
>>
>>55408946
>nootropics are stupid, don't waste your money on them.
Mostly stupid*
I've tried out a bunch of shit including racetams, htp-5 but the only thing that actually worked for me was modafinil.
50mg of that occasionally + a cup of coffee can do wonders.
>>
Obsession.
>>
Put this in your .xinitrc:
mpv ~/Videos/Anime/* --wid=0 --shuffle --loop --volume=40 --alang=jpn --slang=eng &
>>
Go get one of those vaccine shots that give you autism
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>55409366
Are you implying /g/ isn't autistic enough?
>>
>>55409342
Modafinil is fucking magic
>>
>>55406443
closing 4chan
>>
>>55409323
>>55409342
>>55409465
is this thing a meme or will I really have to go order pills from Indians now
>>
>>55409766
>is this a meme
Yes
>do I have to order modalert
Yes
>>
>>55409807
what dosage
>>
>>55406443
Leave 4chan

Share an office with a bunch of productive looking people

Get a real goal in life, imagine yourself in ten years in some place and go there

Have children that you inexplicably love more than yourself and everything else and that starve or something if you don't get your ass moving.
>>
>>55409832
Get a box of 20 pills. Each pill is 100mg, take 50mg in the morning. It has a half life of 12 hours meaning you'd still have 25mg in your system by 9pm or so.. In terms of advice, stay hydrated (as it can give you a headache, though I personally have not experienced this) and have a cup of coffee if you want to get the most out of it. Some people take 100mg but I personally felt no difference.
Wouldn't suggest taking it daily (although many do, and for many years. Whether tolerance builds up is a grey area). It won't get you high nor will you feel "stimulated" but you will be a lot more alert and will find yourself be able to focus better & for longer periods of time. At the same time, be sure direct your attention in the right place (it isn't adhd medication, meaning you can still get side-tracked).
>>
>>55409929
The half life is 15 hours* my bad
>>
>>55409929
sounds perfect, already getting sleepy at work because I have to read a bunch of shit which gets tiring fast. I don't even switch over to something else, I just stare at it blankly not being able to concentrate.
Any recommended distributors? I've only checked out sunmodalert and onemedstore from this list
http://www.gwern.net/Modafinil#modafinil-table
>>
>you are 22
>fast forward 10 years
>you are 32
>your life became everything you didn't want it to become
>you're still a virgin
>you still live at home
>you still work minimum wage or not at all
>you regret all your decisions and are inches from just throwing yourself on a train track because you're not man enough to shoot yourself
>one day you decide to clean your basement
>you find an old bottle
>a genie appears
>"you seem very upset. I can take you back in time 10 years, so you can do everything you wanted to do"
>there you are, 22 years old, you have another chance
Now close 4chan and do some work
>>
>>55409991
I'd say ModafinilCat is pretty popular.
Compare the shipping costs to your area and check whether the supplier is reliable. As for the brand, modalert by pajeetpharma is the most popular choice. You can go for US brands and those are practically the same thing but cost a lot more.
>>
>>55410300
thanks a lot, let's hope I don't die
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.