[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What seedbox hosts do you recommend for someone wanting to try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: seedbox1.jpg (383 KB, 4773x1382) Image search: [Google]
seedbox1.jpg
383 KB, 4773x1382
What seedbox hosts do you recommend for someone wanting to try things out?
Been looking at feralhosting and it seems pretty much ideal.
10 pounds($13) for 1TB storage, 10Gbit/s and unlimited traffic.
Theres also seedhost.eu and similar but I dont know the reputation of any of these.

And no, I cant make my own seedbox because my connection speed is terrible.
>>
>>55406226

Feral is nice. Has a bunch of nice docs to help you install things on the box. Also has a thing that reroutes traffic if you want. Don't know if it helps much, but it's cool.
>>
>>55406490
Good to hear, thanks. I dont need many features, just a competent client installed on it and a download speed high enough to max out my owm which isnt a lot really
>>
Had a seedhost.eu box for a few months last year. Was very satisfied with it, however they limited the speed I could download over one connection from the box to my computer. To obtain full speed transferring files I needed to use a client with multisegmenting which basically opens up multiple connections, kind of like DownThemAll. Actually, seedhost sets up a web directory, and I used DownThemAll to download through that and got full line speed. Whatbox has a page about multisegmenting, try looking around their wiki or just searching for it.

I moved my shit to a large dedicated server because I wanted more storage, though the trade-off is I don't get as much speed. Would definitely recommend seedhost, service was steady as a rock, speeds from other boxes to it were very good, upload speeds were good.

If you're on any private trackers, it's worth checking out the forums to see what they have to say about various seedbox providers.
>>
http://seedboxgui.de/seedbox/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.