[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wordpress domain options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Yo /g/,
Trying to monetize a blog/website project. I was wondering, when it comes to Wordpress and domains, what should be best for me; .com, .org, or .net?
I am looking for whatever has the least limitations.
>>
There are pretty much no unique limitations on most top level domains.

There are exceptions of course: to buy a .de domain you have to be a German citizen, similar restriction exists in a couple other countries.

There are pretty much only 2 factors in choosing a tld: how cool it looks, and how much does it cost.

I'd suggest a .xyz, you can get it under a dollar on Namecheap now and it looks kidna cool.
>>
>>55302921
Thanks for the advice! I'll look into.xyz
>>
Unless you have a good reason not to, it's best to stick with .com. It's the easiest to remember 99% of the time.

Of course it depends a lot on the market you're looking at. Young people don't mind weird domains as much, like last.fm. Older people can have trouble with them.

Go with .com unless you're really really set on a name that's already taken (which can confuse the average user easily if there's two sites with the same name but one's .com and the other is .org or whatever), or if you have a good idea that involves an alternate domain.
>>
>>55301847
.com is probably best if you have a good name already.

If you want to use any other top level domain, you kind of have to work it into your branding. Last.fm is an example of this, as another anon mentioned, as is Twitch.tv. There are a ton of TLDs like .dog, .dentistry, .software, .ninja, even .meme is being released soon; here's a full list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_top-level_domains

But be aware that most of these cost more than a standard .com; up to 40 or 60 bucks a year as opposed to only 12.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.