[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning technolo/g/y from movies and tv shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: altech_chip.jpg (480 KB, 1753x800) Image search: [Google]
altech_chip.jpg
480 KB, 1753x800
>Tron (1982)
-A collection of programs living inside a computer try to honor their God, their creator, a programmer, a programmer with the capacity to instruct the computer and create something. A good movie to learn how computers compute. Literally explain what RAM and CPU do within the first five minutes.
-More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron
-watch here: http://putlocker.is/watch-tron-online-free-putlocker.html

>Mr. Robot (2015)
-The most accurate TV Show that displays what a person with advanced knowledge about computers can do. Depicting a crude imagery of a mentally ill character who believes can change the world and rid the population from debt and other finacial problems but not only that, he also wants to give them freedom. After all, evil corporations control the world around us so, you might as well fight against them and support those that help you.
-More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Robot_(TV_series)
-You know where to get those files.

Any suggestions? What movies or tv shows have you learned from?

Note: if this ever becomes a regular thread, maybe someone can fix or write a better summary of each movie or tv show that gets addedd to the list. Also, in the far future someone can make a cover to be used for threads of this subject.

Be nice. Please and thank you.
>>
OP, here. Shameless bump.
I really want this to take off because...
>people who only browse 4chan during the summer can learn something.
>Talking about the usual debates about software and hardware and botnet and freedom gets boring.
>and lastly, evolution doesn't come without change. Having the same threads over and over again makes my stay on this board shorter and shorter because I already know what to expect.
>adding a movie or a tv shows to the list I started will give users something to entertain themselves. Hopefully the list keeps updating and improving.

Again, be nice and contribute. Please and thank you.
>>
Shameless, shameless bump.
>>
Sorry OP but you just named 1 more than what's posted here. That's all. That list has increased by one. Be proud of yourself and go do something that'll make someone you love proud.
>>
get a better test.
the matrix 1,2,3
the thirteenth floor
>>
>>55258361
The board is like that, anon

Just go to /tv/ if you want to talk about the movies and tv shows you mentioned or /a/ if you like /g/ anime like Lain
>>
>>55258361
>summer
Bait.
>>
>>55258361
Surprised you didn't put Silicon Valley in that list.

It may not teach you anything programming, but it offers insight into the business side of tech.
>>
>>55258123
The TV movie Pirates of silicon Valley is pretty good too
>>
Baaaamp
>>
File: the-machine-014.jpg (750 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
the-machine-014.jpg
750 KB, 2560x1536
>The Machine (2013)
A computer scientist gets hired by a government agency after showing an AI with the potential to pass "the imitation game", but gets betrayed by the same agency. You learn no to trust the NSA. Oh, and about what the imitation game is.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.