[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister has an excellent condition Apple PowerBook 1400c that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-PowerBook_1400cs_133.jpg (12 KB, 250x322) Image search: [Google]
250px-PowerBook_1400cs_133.jpg
12 KB, 250x322
My sister has an excellent condition Apple PowerBook 1400c that she's selling for a charity.
We think it's barely been used.
It's still in the original box and even the stickers / manuals etc. are present.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's worth anything. Any advice on that?
>>
>>55185852
it's not a model that anyone cares about (unless you get really lucky). 'barely used' is only worth something if you literally (in the literal sense) cannot tell that it was ever unboxed.
>>
>>55185868
It doesn't have a plastic seal and the laptop's been taken out of the box.. but it seems like it might never have been taken out before.
It's a shame that nobody seems to care about it, since it's so complete.
>>
>>55185902
>It doesn't have a plastic seal and the laptop's been taken out of the box.. but it seems like it might never have been taken out before.
OK, that is in fact worth something. Unsealed, but otherwise mint. No sign of use or wear.
> It's a shame that nobody seems to care about it, since it's so complete.
Someone probably will, but it would also take a potentially unbounded amount time to find that person.
Like, I collect old Koss headphones (I know, right?) I care about the models absolutely no one else could give a fuck about. But I might be the only one. You may be in that same boat.
>>
>>55185852
if it really is a 1400c and has everything with it like that, you could probably get $90-$150 for it online, locally probably not as much, >>55185868 is right in that the 1400 wasn't really a super important model, but there are collectors and hobbyists out there who wouldn't mind a nice PPC portable, those things have kickass keyboards too

if it's a CS or especially a 117 MHz model though it might be a harder sell, Apple took passive matrix shittiness to a whole new level
>>
The 1400 also has two nice features. The plastic piece on the lid can be removed so you can insert your own custom covers. And the wrist rest modules can be swapped so you can have a floppy drive, zip, or a second battery.

But yeah. What >>55185965 said. You won't be rolling in cash. But $100+ will make it a worthwhile effort for charity.
>>
>>55185902
I've made a pretty paltry bit of extra money on the side over the years working with my family's business that helps people sell off big estates full of all kinds of niche shit on this level.

Trust me when I say somebody cares about it, you just haven't met them yet.

If you have trouble drumming up some local interest, there are all kinds of places other than Ebay you can check, like 68k MLA, Low End Mac, vcfed forums and the like, you'll probably find some guy with some disposable income and a hole on his shelf.

>>55186034
>The plastic piece on the lid can be removed so you can insert your own custom covers
This was a cool as fuck idea, I kind of wish they kept it going with later models, you could also just swap out the clear plastic shell for a regular blank if it wasn't your thing.
>>
>>55185852
>worth anything
>Apple

Pick one.
>>
>>55186113
Why did you even bother?
>>
>>55186130
You're on /g/ fucking macfag.
>>
>>55185852
my dad threw one of these out recently

you could try to sell it for like $60 I guess but you will probably end up with $20 unless you find some stupid buyer
>>
>>55186301
>>55186314
oh boy I was wondering when when our friends at DTS consulting would show up
>>
>>55186328
>oh boy I was wondering when when our friends at DTS consulting would show up
what the fuck does this even mean

reply to me again and I will call the police
>>
>>55186340
>>
>>55186340
Here's a (You)
>>
>>55186340
come the Fuck at me Indrajit Ramakrishna Pranav Vijay Sharma

I will prepare the loo ;)
>>
>>55186340
:^)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.