[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drone Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Anyone have experience with Drones?

I was considering getting one for taking scenic video/fucking around. My price range is about $600-$800.

I'm Looking at the Phantom 3 pro as these seem to be the most popular thing right now.
>>
>>55176519
phantom 4 bitch, they are out.
>>
>>55176795
>My price range is about $600-$800.
>>
>>55176519

Cheerson CX20 CX-20

Shit is 250 or cheaper off the chinese sites. Get your own gimble and the xi go pro clone. The whole thing should be under 400.

Play with that for months its basically the same thing as an older phantom and it has a big moding community. Make sure its the open source version and youll be able to get into all kinds of shit even setting waypoints instead of steering.

In 6 months to a year you will have enough experience to decide if you want to spend phantom money. Also youll be less likely to break it.
>>
>>55176941

I should add I recommend the mod where you move the GPS sensor into the roof of the thing and putting a foil shield under it to protect it from signals that cause it to be erratic.
>>
File: CX20jln01.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CX20jln01.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>55176941
>>55176964

Here is a pic.
>>
>>55176519
Built my own 3D mapping Quad for University. Price was an important consideration for the dissertation. Around £400 for the 500 size quad. I own a gimbal and go pro clone from banggood working on designing a bracket to 3D print and mount. They're cheap to build and it introduces you to the hobbyist scene. But if you have the cash readily available and want to just buy and go, phantoms are stable as fuck and have nice smartphone integration, less headaches and technical skills required. Hope this helps.
>>
>>55177026
If you're using your drone for mapping, rolling shutter cameras like gopro clones negatively effect the accuracy of your 3d model, if you're not doing high accuracy stuff I guess it's ok.

What kind of research are you doing?
>>
I love drone, SUnn o))) is the best.
>>
>>55176519
>quadcopter
>drone

pick one
>>
>>55178940
B... but they are both, anon.

>quadcopter
A quadcopter, also called a quadrotor helicopter or quadrotor,[1] is a multirotor helicopter that is lifted and propelled by four rotors.

>drone
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone, as an unmanned aircraft system (UAS), or by several other names, is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard. The flight of UAVs may operate with various degrees of autonomy: either under remote control by a human operator, or fully or intermittently autonomously, by onboard computers.
>>
File: reaper.jpg (468 KB, 2433x1622) Image search: [Google]
reaper.jpg
468 KB, 2433x1622
>>55179046
this is a real drone
>>
>>55179076
I'm afraid you must have some kind of degeneration. I'm really sorry, it always makes me sad seeing a sick anon.
Keep it together, brother! I'm not saying life will any be easier from now on, but you have to keep fighting.
>>
>>55179076
What a marvels machine. A beautifully crafted tool.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.