[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on cloudbooks? They're basica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 71keuHfWfRL._SL1324_.jpg (127 KB, 1324x1027) Image search: [Google]
71keuHfWfRL._SL1324_.jpg
127 KB, 1324x1027
What's your opinion on cloudbooks?

They're basically netbooks with some kind of small SSD.
They cost like $150, i think that for web browsing, watching youtube videos and taking notes at the college should be enough right?

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Cloudbook-11-Inch-AO1-131-C9PM-Personal/dp/B0149QDD1S/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466144482&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=cloudboox
>>
i have essentially the same one you linked, not because it is particularly similar, but becuase theyre all the same p much

yeah its useful and i have a fairly powerful desktop for actually doing things but id really recommend the cheapest one you find

any extra features arent worth it cuz it really is just a more convenient mobile browser
>>
I have the X205TA. Great for browsing and streaming. Take it to classes. Battery life is superb and it was only $125 CAD.
>>
I'm effectively using one right now. Cost about $200, 13" (I used to have a smaller netbook and honestly it's just not good; 13 is a solid minimum), 2GB RAM and a 32GB SSD. I think that it's optimistic to expect Windows to run comfortably on it. Doing what I could to make that happen for about half a year, I finally gave in and put Linux on it. It runs like a dream and my battery life is right around the same 6 hours of web browsing and typing that I was getting before.

I'm happy. It's a fair bit better than the aforementioned netbook I used through college.
>>
>>55118882
1366x768 means they belong in the trash bin.
>>
I don't see the point in buying a low quality new laptop when you can get a high quality used laptop for the same price.
>>
Do any of these low power laptops come with a 1080p screen? I know it be a little more but I really want a 14 inch 1080p screen.
>>
>>55118882
150 too expensive. Would be attractive if they are sub-50
>>
>>55118882
Why don't you get a thinkpad instead?
>>
>>55118882
Why not a netbook instead?
>>
Any device like the acer chromebook 14 but with windows?

Can I install windows on the chrome book? It's like the perfect low power laptop for me
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.