[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1440p 25 vs 27
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 417F67x_cCL._SL500_AC_SS100_.jpg (3 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
417F67x_cCL._SL500_AC_SS100_.jpg
3 KB, 100x100
I've heard complaints that 25 is too small for a 1440p monitor and that 27 is the sweet spot. Would I be better off going for a Korean Crossover 2795 or an Acer 257HU.
Anyone have a bad experience with a Korean panel?
>>
MB on the JPEG on the first picture
>>
I actually have the 257HU. Yes it is small for 1440p, but it's not bad at all. Don't bother with trying to adjust the DPI settings or anything. Just use it as is and your eyes will get used to it. I right now use a 24 in 1080p monitor next to my 257HU and my eyes have no problems.
>>
I bought a g257hu a couple of months ago as a secondary display to my Dell U2414H. No dead/stuck pixels, barely any backlight bleeding, but the brightness and screen uniformity in general was pretty bad.

There were several dark splotches and 'lines' all over the screen, especially horizontally. It's commonly known as "dirty screen effect". I'm extremely sensitive to inconsistencies in displays so this bothered me a lot. I ended up selling it a month later.

The U2414H on the other hand is almost perfect. No dse, great brightness uniformity and very little backlight bleeding.

As for the size, I think 25" 1440p is ok, especially if you prefer higher ppi to screen size.
>>
>>55094603
Also forgot to mention that the stand on the g257hu is trash. No height adjustment of any kind and it's very flimsy.

There were also gaps on the edges of the monitor between the display and the bezel, especially in the lower right corner. Some people have reported light leakage where the gaps are, but mine didn't have any.

My unit also had a very flimsy bottom bezel. It wasn't attached very firmly and I could see fairly large gaps when looking from top to bottom where the grey bezel meets the display. Not a big deal, but it added to the entire monitor feeling very cheap in my opinion. The glossy finish didn't help, either.

Also, another issue that I had was the built-in speaker which made constant humming noise even when the volume was set to 0.
I had to plug a pair of dead earbuds I had lying around in the back audio jack to make the noise go away. There's no way to disable the in-built speakers.
>>
>>55094773
Yeah I read that the stand was shit, would the Dell U25 be a better purchase then, with the built in VESA instead of having to buy a VESA adapter?
>>
>>55095099
>would the Dell U25 be a better purchase then, with the built in VESA instead of having to buy a VESA adapter?
The U25151H has a much better build wuality and it looks better imo. It has a great stand with tilt, height and rotation adjustment. It probably has a better screen as well. Definitely worth the extra $50-100.
>>
>>55094350
I use 25" 1440p daily, its not too small.
>>
>>55094350
>25 is too small for a 1440p
dude, my phone has pixels more than that
>>
>>55094402
looks kinda beautiful
>>
What's an affordable 1600p IPS/PLS display I can buy used? Like 350 bucks or less.
>>
22" = 1080p
24" = 1440p
27" = 4K

so its ok
>>
>>55096126
To be fair, it's a pretty big waste on my s6
>>
>>55094350
I have the U2515H. I have no problem with reading text.

Here in EU we can get two 25" for the price of one 27".
>>
File: 24-116-179-02.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
24-116-179-02.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
they had 2048x1536 in the early 2000's
we got gypped
>>
>>55098401
The price jump from the U25 to the U27 is way too much imo even in the US
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.