[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern Depiction of "Hackers"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
Hey /g/ why is modern depiction of hackers so fucking retarded and wrong? I literally got
a question at school on a sheet of paper stating that this total NEET hackerman (30 year old Arch user who browses /tech on 8ch we can assume) had an IQ of 250 and he wore leather to look intimidating to other kids to show he would hack them and he
went by the name of "xX_v1p3R_1hA_hACkEr_Xx" I'm not even fucking lying. Why do people see a person who likes computers and deals with cyber security as Watchdogs 2
tier "hackers" should we just accept the autism and go with being the stereotypical "yeah dude i wear a trench coat while hacking the mainframe kiddo" type "hackers"?
>>
>we just accept the autism
seems like you haven't accepted your own. please go post on your livejournal, faggot.
>>
File: hackers.jpg (144 KB, 640x1064) Image search: [Google]
hackers.jpg
144 KB, 640x1064
Whatever
>>
>>55077616
I hate the term "hackers" as much as the next guy, and have gotten into the whole "the traditional meaning of the word 'hackers'" and "there's a difference between 'hackers' and 'crackers'" debate with people online and in real-life, but fuck. I can't find a term to deal with people who break into systems remotely and steal shit, and "crackers" both sounds weird and sounds like it's more geared towards people who crack software.

So, I'm fine with using "hackers" in the cybersecurity and "happy hacking!" sense.

Hell, I don't even have a problem with pics like the OP's anymore. It gets the point across quickly, and everyone looking at it will get it. The same couldn't be said if it depicted what an ACTUAL hacker may look like, or how non-exciting the actual process of hacking is.
>>
Its a shame that pop culture leaves the world believing the hacker is an evil, social outcast with the skill to operate a computer to do malicious tasks. In truth a hacker is any person who makes a device do what it wasn't intended or designed to do. This can be done with either good or bad intentions, and many people fail to make that distinction. For the computer enthusiast the difference is clear: white hat or black hat. The stigma of being a hacker will be slow to die; however respect for his art is growing rapidly.
>>
File: 1460107511452.jpg (18 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
1460107511452.jpg
18 KB, 400x265
>>55077616
This is the only modern distorted hacker picture that I like
>>
>>55077924
That's actually a pretty great pic. Thanks for sharing Anon.
>>
File: hacker.jpg (235 KB, 1200x781) Image search: [Google]
hacker.jpg
235 KB, 1200x781
>>
File: doxxed.jpg (57 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
doxxed.jpg
57 KB, 852x480
>>
>>55078020
I think you mean v&.
>>
This one is the best
>>
File: >watchdogs.png (310 KB, 849x436) Image search: [Google]
>watchdogs.png
310 KB, 849x436
>>55077616
> watch dogs 2
> fucking the apt-cache command up
> hacking with apt
> hackbuntu
>>
>>55077851
>Waaah normies aren't using the word correctly
>>
>>55077642
I love the meta in that scene
>>
>>55077744
>I can't find a term to deal with people who break into systems remotely and steal shit
I usually go with "edgelords"
>>
>>55078808
Why do you use that term? It sounds like something you'd use on teenagers.

>be Russian hacker
>break into major website or company's servers
>dump many, many GBs of their databases to a remote server
>sell the data on the black market many thousands of dollars
>nobody even knows this even happened

Explain how something like that is being an edgelord.
>>
>>55078867
I'm just playing anon. Though I do apply that term for anyone who breaks into a system and then posts about it on Twitter under a stupid name.

But for real hacking, the kind that you don't hear about because it's confidential, there's no need for silly names.
>>
Meanwhile, these fuckers are making more figures than any dumb cunt fresh from CS
>>
It's always been terrible.
>>
>>55077616
Its what happens when hollywood starts making movies about shit they know nothing about and then normies watch the talmudvision and believe it.
>>
>>55079443
>there's no need for silly names
Yeah I agree, that's why I'm called xXx_pr0_il0min4ty_h4Xx0r_xXx
>>
Have you hacked the Gibson lately?
>>
>>55077744
Search the terms: White Hat, Grey Hat and Black Hat
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.