[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop Temperatures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Nvidia_NVS_4200M_5375664.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia_NVS_4200M_5375664.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
Sup /G/

I'm stress/battery testing my Latitude E6420 and I have a few questions I couldn't find answers to.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 2760QM (3.1 GHz, 8 Threads)
nVidia NVS 4200M
8 GB DDR3 1600 Stock RAM

I have overclocked the GPU with MSI Afterburner to max Clock and Ram and have been doing so since I got the laptop.

Today I got Unigine Heaven Benchmark running and noticed the the temperature was lingering around 85 Degrees Celsius. This concerned me as it was rather high. I have been running this overclock for a long time though and no damage has ever been done.

I looked up safe laptop temperatures and found answers ranging from 50 to 110 Degrees Celsius. I was wondering if any of you could insight me of weather these temperatures are inappropriate.
>>
>laptop
>temperatures

All you need to know is that they're going to be high
>>
>>55033810
i had a toshiba piece of shit satellite. when new, it averaged 55C and with time 65 to 75, and depending on shit, installing shit, using shit, it went as high as 100C when it shut down automatically

i opened up and reapply thermal paste twice. after cleaning dust and putting it together temps went back to 60C average.

it also needed some "utilities" from toshiba that basically underpowered the cpu when temps went too high to keep it under 95C to avoid the automatic shut down

so basically, fuck toshiba. your temps are fine.
>>
help self bump
>>
>overclocking a laptop GPU
>85C
Enjoy your broken laptop after some months, those temps are not normal if the fan is clean
>>
>>55033902
>>55033899
Thanks guys. I recently already cleaned the fans, put new thermal paste on, and installed a new battery.
>>
>NVS4200M
>same as GeForce GT 520M
It will be shit anyway, you are just killing it with your OC
>>
>>55033912
I overclocked the infamous NVS 135m for 1.5 years and absolutely nothing happened.
>>
File: NIGHTMAERFISH.png (176 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
NIGHTMAERFISH.png
176 KB, 600x419
>>55033936
please explain why my oc will not help. Also, be glad its not a shitty integrated card like you probably have in your laptop.
>>
>>55033984
It's still a REALLY shitty card, you won't be playing new games anyway on it, so why bother
And yes, my current laptop has an old GMA, so? My temps never go above 50C
>>
File: reeftriggerfish.png (68 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
reeftriggerfish.png
68 KB, 310x163
>>55034007
The Dell laptop I have cost only 400 with the amazing processor in it. Getting a laptop with a processor like mine and a excellent GPU would have raised the total to 700, plus i wouldn't get to use my Dell docking station. Also when I buy the RX 480, I'll take the 750 ti out of my desktop and add it a s a eGPU to my laptop. So take your Intel GMA and shove it up your ass!
>>
>>55034214
And I only paid 50€ some years ago for mine. And I got what I needed. I could use an eGPU too, if I wanted to. So what?
>>
>>55034257
And I got what I needed,
>>
File: 20160611_211558.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160611_211558.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have a e6420 myself, those temp are fine, I have the same specs and everything, right now it makes a great server
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.