[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how many of you ever actually finish any of the coding projects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: code monkey.png (42 KB, 559x293) Image search: [Google]
code monkey.png
42 KB, 559x293
So, how many of you ever actually finish any of the coding projects you've started?

As for me, I usually finish my smaller projects because they either manage to do what I needed them to, or because I can't be fucked to finish the rest of the functionality I wanted or planned.

I always abandon my larger projects because I get bored and then want to do something else that's new and shiny.
>>
>>55012741

Bumpity-boo.
>>
See there's your problem. Its not a project if you don't have it planned all the way through.

Set goals and don't move the goal posts.

Then if you need it to do something else you start a new project bases of the old one.

I finish most things I start but admittedly a few things are rolling works, anything network based, or god help us mobile needs to be reworked more often than I like.

The things I never finish are projects where the employer shit the bed and cuts or haggles funding.
>>
>>55013083

Yes, a lack of planning is my problem. I suffer from ADD and my thinking all day everyday is just a scattered mess.

And it carries into my coding, because I don't have the patience to actually realize WHAT I want my project to do. I only have a vague idea, and immediately jump in, and requirements change as I go along.

The funny thing is that earlier in my life, I didn't have this problem, as I worked on some pretty large projects in an organized manner back in the day.

Personal problems have turned me into an emotional, medicating, short sighted wreck these days though.
>>
>>55013149
Oh don't pity your self faggot. Man the fuck up.
ADD is a pretty good excite to score Adderal and Rhitnol. But after college you're expected to have your shit together.
>>
>>55013232
Wasn't trying to go for a pity-party, just stating the facts. And it's something I have been putting a lot of work into, and it has been getting better.

The reason I brought it out is to see if anyone can relate to what my coding process normally is.
>>
>>55012741
You need to document larger projects. Requirements, use cases, etc. this way you'll have an actually have target for your v1.0 release and have better motivation.
>>
I never abandon projects, I just multitask.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.