[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on emacs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
redpill me on emacs
>>
>>55005995
movement shortcuts are bullshit
picking vanilla is just an awful experience, go with prelude, or better yet, spacemacs
>>
Once upon a time in the 80s, computers only had keyboards and text editors were a worthwhile investment because you could legitimately save time with a different one that had more features.

Then the 90s happened, and too many people got access to technology. This pissed off psuedo-"hackers" who were, are, and will always be bitter turbo losers because they dropped out hard in the first year and can't find a proper job and needed something to be better than those "normies" forgetting that this new device called a mouse had existed, because mice are for normies too.

Then the 00s happened, and the hipster movement took off, which dictates you have to use something different even if you don't have a clue what it is, just so you can say it's better and how you are a snowflake. They flocked to emacs and vi not because they need to actually type anything, but because they can impress their friends on facebook with "intelligent" screenshots of someone else using emacs or vi.

Cue 15 years of hacker dropouts and hipsters hating each other and "real" programmers using "pleb tier ides" and holding actual jobs and getting paid.

>KEK KEK KEK KEK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK KEK A DUCK LE DO LE KEK N DUCK, GUNNA OPEN UP A RESTAURANT CALLED "KEK N DUCK" THAT ONLY SERVES DUCKS TO KEKS. BTW, FUK U U U IN THE ASS ASS ASS FUK U
>>
>>55006054
Nice projecting there lad. I have a software development job and I use emacs exclusively.
>>
I work at an NSF funded project. there is one guy who uses emacs. he is known as the emacs guy.
>>
it has tetris but its locked to level 1
>>
>>55006054
The problem with this statement is that most unis enforce vi/vim/emacs for the first couple terms to teach normies how to linux. Then those people go on to use emacs in work scenarios. For example: simple bank and jive both do all of thier shit in emacs.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.