[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/ Wanted to ask, if installing Windows 7 on a fresh install,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: PineGap-sign.jpg (231 KB, 1741x1159) Image search: [Google]
PineGap-sign.jpg
231 KB, 1741x1159
Sup /g/

Wanted to ask, if installing Windows 7 on a fresh install, what edition of Windows should be used?
I have heard that Enterprise edition is a fine choice, and some things about it not including the Windows 10 malware and such.

Please confirm. Asking for myself and a friend.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>54998600
yes
>>
>>54999306
Op here, thanks
>>
I don't know anything about Enterprise edition or whether it can ignore the Win10 shit, but if you're just gonna use Daz Loader or something you might as well just get Ultimate edition. Of course you'll be fighting against the upgrade ads if you use Windows Update.

I just do this:
-Disconnect computer from router
-Fresh install of Win7 Ultimate
-Activate with Daz
-Disable WIndows Update
-Install all updates currently available with Simplix pack (or something similar)
-Make sure Windows Update is still disabled after all this, and before you connect to the internet again
-Never update again and enjoy
>>
>>54998600
>fresh install
>not Win 8.1
Why?
>>
>>54999624

If you're putting in the effort to avoid Win10 why would you choose the other version that looks as shitty as Win10 and has most of the botnet anyways?
>>
>>54999701
>What is classic shell?
>What is blocking outgoing connections to known MS telemetry
The improvements from win 7 are worth the less than optimal GUI changes, even if you don't want classic shell
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.