[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /hype/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: CkZzHnwWsAApBcO.jpg-large.jpg (23 KB, 780x335) Image search: [Google]
CkZzHnwWsAApBcO.jpg-large.jpg
23 KB, 780x335
who /hype/ here?
>>
sounds like the major announcements are
>OS X => macOS
>Siri SDK
???

so i'm not excited. i really hope they announce hardware, but it doesn't seem likely. still, the rumors around hardware are pretty cool-sounding. USB type C in the MBP, for one thing. and monitors with integrated graphics cards for another (if you think about a dedicated card for just one monitor, you might be able to scale down the needs quite a bit, so we're hardly talking about adding a GTX 970 into every monitor/price tag).

i figured out how to drive 4k monitors for my laptop on my own, though, so i'm not that invested in a "retina desktop monitor" solution. it would just be nice to see something reasonably forward-thinking, especially since we have absolutely nothing on the horizon to actually push 5k or 8k graphics at 120Hz (maybe compressed, but certainly nothing uncompressed). integrated graphics cards might, conceivably, open the door to the solution to that problem.
>>
>>54992150
>i really hope they announce hardware,
didn't they stop doing that a few years ago?

I don't give a flying fuck about another iphone but I really want to see external gpu support that isn't limited to apple meme displays

I want them to update the mac pro too but I don't have high hopes considering apple's track record of neglecting anything but their phones - maybe now that iphone sales are slowing they'll remember that they still make computers
>>
I hope they won't fuck up apple music
>>
>>54992112
eat shit and die
>>>/lgtb/
>>
I want a Macbook Air refresh/upgrade that makes it even more portable than the Macbook, but there's no rumors so it's not happening.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.