[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is a router and access point in one just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: louiefinalepic.jpg (57 KB, 620x538) Image search: [Google]
louiefinalepic.jpg
57 KB, 620x538
is a router and access point in one just a meme?
>>
>>54985734
Fuck off AMDrone shill cucks.

The new 1080 is the most powerful card ever made, and not buying it would be some typical AMcuck mistake.
Just because you're a bunch of neckbeard autistic shills who don't understand economics doesn't mean shit to me, you're just proud of your inferior and low owner systems.
Plus the fury x is the worst fucking overheated cuck card ever, which will never be able to compete with Nvidia superiority

>inb4 muh power draw
>Inb4 muh price
>inb4 muh hot card

It doesn't fucking matter
>>
Your thread is a big fat meme
>>
>>54985734
yes, same with built in firewall
>>
>>54985734
Yes, your 3MBit conection really needs a dedicated firewall, AP and router
>>
File: Judy.gif (34 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Judy.gif
34 KB, 300x200
>>54985752
So we have bots posting this bullshit now? Great.
>>
Of course not. It depends on the requirements. My device is a firewall, router, ap, switch, DNS resolver, syslog server, web server, ssh server among other roles. Nothing wrong with that when all it's doing is home internet right?
>>
>>54985734
Everybody knows it's more efficient for home users to require two devices and two power sockets to connect to the Internet and maintain a home network!
>>
>>54985892
>tfw my fibre modem has no PPPoE client so i literally need a second device if i want more than a single computer to connect
The bonus is that my router is literally the border between my network and the Internet. I'm counting on you, OpenWRT.
>>
File: 1463321659186.png (66 KB, 533x414) Image search: [Google]
1463321659186.png
66 KB, 533x414
>>54985791
>tfw we have a separate firewall, 2 APs and a mikrotik router on our office
>couple of webservers
>average of around 30 people browsing facebook and youtube
>3M down/500k up
>>
>>54986286
>30 people using youtube
>3 Mbit
So 180p?
>>
>>54986302
Usually it straight up won't load a single page as soon as someone starts watching their cat videos.
I've been messing around with the load balancing and limited every user to a max of 1M so it's a little better now, but still pretty unbearable.
I keep saying it's not enough but the boss won't hear anything about it.
>>
>>54986328
You need to do better rules like SQM for a setup like that to have any chance of working out.
>>
>>54985791
this
always dedicated hardware
>>
>>54986328
God I hate the way video sites, particularly youtube, suck up all the available bandwidth.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.