[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best pdf book/website where I can learn c++ without learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Cpplogo.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
Cpplogo.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
Best pdf book/website where I can learn c++ without learning programming from scratch?
>>
>>54958136
My answer might not be the best one as I learned c++ exactly from the scratch but might give you some hint.

Bjarne's Stroustrup C++ Vademecum is a good book, of course it touches also the very basics of the book but new features of C++11 (or even 14 in the newest edition?) are described nicely with examples.

Other book I could advice is the thinking in* series. I remmber when I was starting with it while being complete newb in programming and examples were too hard tb h, so it might be good if you have some experience now.
>>
>>54958136
>How can I learn programing without learning programing.
Fuck off
>>
>>54958342

Well, OP might assume he has a solid foundation for basic programming concepts already.
>>
>>54958342
I want to learn language, not again read about if/else statement
>>
>>54958373
maybe figure out English first
>>
>>54958136

Just don't get all hyped about OOP and Inheritance. The best thing is focus more on structured programming. When you have the concept of modularization and understand cohesion start looking into classes.

As a general rule of thumb if you're finding that the cohesion between data and procedures are tightly coupled and their are multiple allocation of the data type then move the data/procedures into a class and give it a name. You then can conceptualize the notion of a object as a instance of the class that have it's own state, and procedures.
>>
>>54958136
I'm reading C++ primer at the moment. Breddy gud. Also watched some tutorials by thenewboston on youtube.
>>
I like to recommend Stephen Prata because it's structured the way you can open it on any page and read it, but I haven't opened this book in many years so my memory could be sweetening things up a bit

Another thing is probably just googling "X for Y programmer", those are usually structured well enough to get you started, unless you're jumping between paradigms.
>>
learncpp.com
>>
>>54958750
>>54959077
Basically this. You can find pdfs for alot of books on tpb
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.