[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will we finally get rid of the internet and replace it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: meshnet.jpg (174 KB, 974x539) Image search: [Google]
meshnet.jpg
174 KB, 974x539
When will we finally get rid of the internet and replace it with something less centralized?
>>
>>54947203
Why?

If it's so that you can "escape teh NSA", there are no solutions to that right now.

You're also going to have to still pay ISPs money if you want to access 99.9% of the Internet. Unless you're retarded and think that everyone is going to switch to this new "Internet" overnight.

Also, have fun regulating protocols and network layers without any centralization. You're going to have autists using their special snowflake protocols (RIPv3 Meme Edition) and then nobody can communicate.

Also, meshnets are Man-in-the-Middle attack goldmines and will never catch on.
>>
How would that work? You "upload" a video to a video sharing site like youtube, and now whenever someone watches the video it is streamed from your own computer? Why would anyone want that? It would be incredibly inefficient.
>>
>>54947203
centralization is necessary for a bunch of important shit like DNS and proper encryption with certificates
>>
More p2p would be nice. Imagine if netflix had a channel that plays what most people around your area are watching, at the same time everyone is helping.
>>
>>54947534
See
>>54948428

Could you somehow create a cert blockchain or something?
>>
File: cakes-cheese.jpg (10 KB, 211x356) Image search: [Google]
cakes-cheese.jpg
10 KB, 211x356
>>54947203
When we become Romania.

>MFW Romania has better Internet than the USA
>>
>>54948498
but other niggas and crackers just gonna rewind and pause my shit
>>
>>54947203
I was thinking about this because the Internet is such a time bandit, I would like an Internet subscription service that scrapes the net for data relevant to my interests and then mails me a postcard with that data every month
>>
Are those green lines the tubes?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.