[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: c++.png (322 KB, 583x725) Image search: [Google]
c++.png
322 KB, 583x725
Sup /g/ I am looking to learn C++ and have been gifted this book, just wanted to know what /g/ thinks of it? Also good C++ books thread.
>>
>>54929135
My intuition tells me something with that many editions is to be avoided. Granted, that's just my uninformed opinion, but I can't recall any Nth-edition books I've read being nothing but garbage meant to be make a killing on schools and students. I also don't like how specific it is about OOP, because a lot of books waste your time with shitty and non-real-world OOP practices on you.

Honestly anon, the book you use isn't really that important. Just dive in, use the internet, and try out any books you can. Get into a cycle of learning, applying what you learn (say, working on projects), and repeating until you get your shit down.

Also expect to be confused as hell to read and reread the same thing over and over again, and not understand. That is normal, and one day it'll click. And once you're over your first programming language, any other language is clear sailing.
>>
>>54929532
cheers mate, that is actually a very helpful post!
>>
>>54929135
I find the cover of this book disturbing.
It's like they copy O'reily but can't take animals again so they decide to go with fruits.
>>
>>54930660
Or maybe it's because oranges are high in a certain type of vitamin.
>>
>>54930737
then why it's not a damn lemon? Or paprika (which has a couple times more said vitamin than fruits)
>>
>>54930805
You are right, anon. C++ is a lemon.
>>
>>54929135
http://docdro.id/VHqjh7C

here's the book I use. Accelerated C++. Good if you're slightly familiar with coding, This was my first real dive into any language
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.