[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best book to learn Haskell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: haskell-logo.png (5 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
haskell-logo.png
5 KB, 400x300
What is the best beginner book to Haskell?
>>
Why would you want to learn an obsolete esoteric language?
>>
Tomorrow go find the Dive into python on the web. Don't fucking worry if you get nothing at first. Then navigate to python.org and learn the standard library by bloody hard. Then grind, and I meant it, bitch, you grind the pythonian coding convention PEP8 until you know it by rote. When you write your first own imageboard, picking up html+css in the process, time to download and study any python-based asynchronous web-server. I recommend Tornado or Gevent. By the time you alter your imageboard so that it can at least manage giving off 5k request per second, you'd be ready to move on: the intriguing world of high-load programming at your feed. Apache Hadoop, ultrafast asynchronous key-value storages, MapReduce. It won't be long for you to laugh at the fuck ups of NEETs and poor Slavs that live off by sucking cocks and no longer than in half a year your income will grow to the point when any bitch will get wet from only a mention of your salary.
>>
File: reddit silver.jpg (279 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
reddit silver.jpg
279 KB, 800x800
>>54925652
>>
>>54925639
Why is it an obsolete language? I want to learn about type systems and how category theory applies to it.
>>
>>54925559
no one codes here
>>
>>54925559
Learn You a Haskell. the title is stupid but the educational content is great. pacing is fantastic. and for $0 the price can't be beat.

http://learnyouahaskell.com/
>>
>>54925878
Thanks anon.
>>
File: IgoCLHV.jpg (192 KB, 1181x837) Image search: [Google]
IgoCLHV.jpg
192 KB, 1181x837
>>54925814
this guy, this fucking guy.
Are you the same anon, posting the same reply in every thread?
I like you. And you're pretty much right about that.
But don't you have something better to do thank posting no one codes here on malasyan turnstile management forums?
Here, this saved me from boredom last night, I hope you like it (pic related, just look it up)
>>
>>54925652
thx
>>
>>54925652
Is it pasta?

Actually, its pretty solid advice
>>
>>54925878
>>54925937
LYAH lacks exercises, which are really necessary to make some of this stuff stick, so maybe supplement it with the NICTA course:
www.github.com/nicta/course

Brent Yorgey's CIS194 Haskell lectures are also a fantastic source of content, and freely available online:
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~cis194/fall14/spring13/index.html
>>
>>54927776
shut up bitch!
>>
>>54925652
Amen.
>>
File: SICP.jpg (51 KB, 400x579) Image search: [Google]
SICP.jpg
51 KB, 400x579
>>54925559
Read through Learn You A Haskell to get a feel for it,
but afterwords use Real World Haskell to learn it.

The better question is why you would want to learn it.
Lisp is the only functional programming language worth using,
and even that is super niche and generally unusable.
>>
>>54925878
>>54933373
website looks unprofessional as fuck. honestly, i don't say this to be memeing, but it looks like something a redditor would think is really neat
>>
>>54925652
>replace python with java or C++ or Rust
>python literally the silicon valley meme language of startups trying to sell to VCs not expand the industry
>>
>>54933373
>lisp
>can't even do partial application
kek
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.