[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a pretty annoying boot issue with my computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ram.jpg (41 KB, 849x566) Image search: [Google]
ram.jpg
41 KB, 849x566
I'm having a pretty annoying boot issue with my computer

After having upgraded my RAM I've noticed that every OTHER boot takes like a minute whereas the first boot takes seconds. I've tried everything, replacing the RAM, using only one dimm, doing passes in memtest, putting in RAM that I know works in an old system, flashing the bios to a more updated version, switching the speeds of the RAM in the BIOS, and unplugging it and plugging it back in again. nothing works.

I noticed this log in eventviewer though:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load:
cdrom
dam
EhStorClass

could this be the source of the problem?

pic is RAM
>>
>>54923604
Do you have hibernation enabled on your system and are using windows 8 or newer with hybrid-shutdown enabled?
>>
>>54923642
No, and I've also turned off fastboot as well. Running windows 10

I've noticed that every time it takes longer to boot the keyboard also is not detected as well so that I can't get into the BIOS...
>>
>>54923658
You can enable verbose messages to see what's going on during the operating system boot. You can google how to do it or just follow this link:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32477/use-verbose-boot-messages-to-troubleshoot-windows-startup-problems/
Also, enable verbose mode for POST. To do so, find an option that is called something like "Display Logo" or "Full Screen Logo" in BIOS settings and set it to "disabled" - you will be able to troubleshoot your hardware initialization. If you indeed have any troubles with hardware, than a PC-speaker or POST-card might help you to quickly find problematic components.

Check both of these and look for any errors or write down which step is causing your system to stuck. Also, if your hard drive or an sdd in good condition? You might have storage issues and Windows might perform chkdsk on every boot.
>>
>>54923604
/g/ is not your personal tech support
all you faggots replying to him are contributing to the destruction of the quality of discussion that takes place here, however little it might be
>>
>>54924402
go shill more amd cards faggot.
>>
>>54923658
>Windows 10

Found your problem now fuck off

>>54924448

Die in a (house) fire
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.