[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Notes software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: scribble_example_context.jpg (222 KB, 1520x375) Image search: [Google]
scribble_example_context.jpg
222 KB, 1520x375
I have nothing but hundreds of lines of random day to day notes involving tech, food, general life/entertainment info, and more random garbage in a txt file sitting on my desktop. Discussion on how you guys manage this kind of stuff?
>>
>>54902942
>Simple, categorized, hierarchical notes
Org-mode.
>Pictures, links+automatic screenshots of linked pages, sketches, typography-dependent text, anything more complicated than the above and needs to be shared between devices and organized via topic with links to other pages or topics
OneNote. It also had OCR, which makes it convenient for taking pictures of text in books and being able to search for it later like it was regular text input manually. Only con is that I can't use it from emacs or export easily.
>>
Notes.app desu
>>
>>54902942
same question here.
Except I have hundreds of post its on top of that and also a list of about 200 threads on /g/ which I have yet to read through from archive. fugg.
>>
>>54902942
I have the exact same problem OP

Hopeful bump
>>
I just use vim for notes at school, and scripts in bash set up to add notes to certain text files. Make a file about each subject, ex food, tech, and shitpostingIdeas, then make a script like "addnote food _________" that just adds a newline, then date/time in a uniform format, then concatenates whatever you typed after that to "foodnotes.txt" or whatever. Should only take like 30min to set up max.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.