[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I need a new portable machine that also needs to be my main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 859x651) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 859x651
So I need a new portable machine that also needs to be my main machine as I'm a poorfag. I was thinking of picking up a Surface RT with keyboard bundle brand new for $250, or I have a friend who will sell me his Alienware m11x r1 gently used for $300. My absolute max budget is $300. Thoughts?
>>
>>54847870
Having used a RT device a long time, I highly recommend the alienware one.
Those RT tabs are great for university and stuff where you only need some office and long battery life. But even playing a YT video is fucking atrocious. Its definitely not a daily driver.
>>
Get a chink tablet/laptop they go for around $300 and good battery life.
>>
>>54847870
The RT is compete garbage. Get the Pro 2
Pro 1 has overheating issues and only one point kick stand, pro 2 on the other hand ironically clocks higher than the pro 3 and has a much needed 2 point kick stand but I just bought a case with multiple stand points anyways. The pen is great with one note for notes in class and doodling, also fun for OSU if you're into that. There's a $50 battery keyboard if you need to extend the lifetime to another day and the fan almost never runs but when it does it's super quiet. Screen is very high res for it's size and is good to look at.
I regularly play csgo on my Surface pro 2 and it's runs like a dream on low settings. It'll handle a lot of games but don't expect too much.
>>
>>54847870
Go Pro. RT a shit.
>>
File: 1442382694881.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1442382694881.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>54847870
>Surface RT ever
>Surface RT as yopur main computer
>>
>>54847870
Avoid RT at all costs.

Like the other guy said, get a refurbished SP2.
I think that currently its still the best bang for your buck for 2 in 1s.

Its faster than the SP3 and way cheaper than a SP4 while being almost as fast too. The only catch is that you have to get the keyboard separately.

You may be also able to find the Surface 3 (non pro) at sub-300 on sales, but keep in mind that it doesn't come with a Keyboard either nor a Pen.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.