[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Penetration Testing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Pentestit.png (269 KB, 1901x957) Image search: [Google]
Pentestit.png
269 KB, 1901x957
Newfag here, just found this awesome site - http://pentestit.ru

Right now, they're asking people to hack them, through some controlled test. As I said, newfag, I don't really understand what they're doing very well. I decided to tinker anyway.

Went onto my Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) partition, downloaded Virtualbox and downloaded the sites pre-configured Kali Linux majigger for Virtualbox. Used it, only got as far as scanning the ports of the correct ip, and finding all the ports were open.

What do? I have no idea how to attack a port. Did a bit of googling, and will continue to do so tomorrow, but if anyone has ideas and/or wants to try, please go ahead.
>>
>.ru
Nice try, KGB
>>
>>54847404
All ports open?

Use nmap to get more information. You can use nmap to detect some vulnerable programs along with some os fingerprinting capabilities. nmap may also reveal that

you may have to download some config files to do this, though i believe much of that is included with the standard nmap installation and probably moreso with the kali's repos' installation

Further, use metasploit and/or similar tools to perform further vulnerability checks and attempt exploitation.

Web vulnerability scanning tools are also available out the wazoo to attack the website.

and since it's pentesting, try some common SSH username/password combos.
>>
I'll penetrate your test if you smell what I'm cooking.
>>
>>54849515
fried chicken
>>
File: 1453946441405.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453946441405.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>54847938
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.