[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm thinking of buy new monitors. i currently have 2x dell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: himoutobuymegeimu.gif (892 KB, 435x545) Image search: [Google]
himoutobuymegeimu.gif
892 KB, 435x545
i'm thinking of buy new monitors. i currently have 2x dell u2414h but they keep having displayport issues. i've already sent them back to dell before but they always break again anyway. what should i buy? preferably with a thin bezel. can't be any bigger than 24. i'm not sure if i go 1440p, 120/144hz or just regular 1080p60.
>>
>>54804212
144hz is great, you should try it out. I have a 1440p 144z monitor its a dream.
>>
If it's the display port not waking from sleep I've yet to find a monitor that doesn't do it occasionally.
>>
>>54804669
i've had multiple problems with the displayport

one monitor just straight out went like 320 x 240 after using displayport sometime. it like fried or something. wouldn't work anymore even on hdmi

i've had 2 that kept blinking when using displayport

another just wouldn't show anything in displayport

i've had fucked up colors in displayport as well

right now i'm using a displayport to hdmi converter to use hdmi on the 2 i have (my videocard has 1x hdmi 3x displayport and 1x dvi -- r9 390 nitro) and after some power outage, i started having problems with the adapter too. now when the monitors go to sleep, the one with the adapter doesn't do it correctly, sometimes it doesn't sleep, other times it goes to sleep but fucks thing up (virtualbox vm stops responding for example, stuff that was on that monitor is sent back to the first one)

basically, the entire thing is fucked and i need new monitors. i'm tired of trying to get dell to fix it. the design of these things is just fucked

>>54804390
what is your monitor? are the colors ok? viewing angles?
>>
>>54804846
Hmm, does your local power company have super shitty inconsistent voltages?

Voltage changes might cause some issues but Idk your issues are pretty varied and odd
>>
>>54804894
kind of, but that's not really the problem here. the power outage was a one in a lifetime event. i never had these kinds of problems before. the displayport on these monitors was just poorly implemented. it's definitely dell's fault
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.