[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT security meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
i fell for the IT-security meme /g/. I'm about to complete a Bachelor degree with focus on IT security and the only jobs i can find in the field are sysadmin jobs, but i fucking hate it.
How fucked am i ?
>>
>>54772801
Wew, you are going to have a shitty life.
Not because of your degree, but that attitude is trash.

Susan min jobs are a great way to gain experience. Once you have that and some certs go for security counseling.
>>
considering you used the word meme in your post, it doesnt matter what your field is because you spend your time trying to fit in on 4chan

you either went to a completely garbage school or you are just a fucking moron if you didn't have to turn down job offers

fuck off
>>
You aren't looking hard enough then. I literally graduated from college (NSA accreddited cybersecurity program) and within 2 months now have a full-time security analyst position at a pretty big company.

You have to keep an eye out for jobs that ACTUALLY seem worth it and try really hard to go for those. I'm talking full blown cuck-level cover letters. Briefly research the company and come up with some BS about how you like their culture and it aligns with yourself.

I applied to a shit load of jobs in those few months, went on a few interviews to get a feel for the process, and then when this job posting came around I tried hard as fuck for it. At the end of the interview (which went well before this) I basically just said "i know you will not find someone as passionate or willing to learn than i am, and i think you need me in this organization." They shook my hand and i had an offer the next day.

Basically, don't give up, apply to anything that seems like it may have good future opportunities, go on interviews to get practice, and try really hard for the ones you want.
>>
>>54772801
Why did you do that?

I mean I got an IT degree because I'd much rather be a sysadmin than a developer, but I can't imagine why you'd get an IT degree and not expect to be a sysadmin. What did you assume you'd be doing?
>>
>>54772801
>IT security
There is no such thing.
>>
>>54772914

There is. If you actually work at an organization worth a damn there are whole departments dedicated to it. I know because I'm in one.
>>
>>54772926
Yes and they all suck, each time I meet a "security" department, I speak with them, I tell them they fucking incompetent, I tell them I never want them to dare speaking security to me, and they never bother me about security, never. I am the master they're the students.
>>
>>54772882
Development. I thaugt the usage of cryptography and authentication schemes was pretty high in modern software, turns out it's done in a few API calls and teachers recommend you to not do anything yourself (because the APIs are thoroughly tested).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.