[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate Windows and I hate the fact that I have to use it. Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
I hate Windows and I hate the fact that I have to use it.

Why? Why did DirectX win against OpenGL?

Why does every piece of software on Windows suck ass?

I swear I get fucking errors every single day.

Fuck

I just fucking hate Windows
>>
I tried using Linux exclusively for 4 years and eventually went back to Windows because it had way less errors than Linux.
>>
>>54735009
It may just be because I've updated a lot and I might just need to reinstall windoze

>open gamemaker, errors everywhere
>reinstall it
>didnt fix shit
>open visual studio
>try to sign in
>it crashes
>make an empty project
>try to add class
>it crashes
>>
because frankly OpenGL is absolute bloated trash and a terrible gaming api. Android uses a stripped down version (Opengl-es) which has much less overhead, but it's still not comparable to DirectX. Vulkin changes everything but its anyone's guess if it allows linux to gain a foothold in the gaming market
>>
>using Windows 7 since 2011
>works just fine
>whenever something goes wrong it's easy to troubleshoot

You can pinpoint the exact moment Pajeets took over Microsoft.
>>
>>54735094
Yeah Windows 7 was fine. I could use it for ages and there would be no problems.

Windows 10 is just a fucking shitshow and I hate it.

I would go back to Windows 7 but they'll just end support and then I'll get raped by malware.

I really, really, really want to go back to Linux and stay there for the rest of my life. But I can't because muh gaymes and other important software.
>>
>>54735035
>gamemaker doesn't work
>this is windows fault
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-05-24_20-39-38.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-05-24_20-39-38.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
I use my computer primarily for shitposting and gaming. Switched to linux as the main OS over a year ago. Once I found I could run shit like diablo 3, starcraft 2, skyrim, gta 4 (basically any dx9 game works well with wine) I made the jump. I already have more games than I'll ever play, don't care if they are a few years old. Rather game on linux than windows.

If you really want to play dx11 titles you can always setup a dedicated Windows streaming box you don't need to interact with(or pci passthrough with virtual machine). That will turn windows into nothing more than a launcher.
>>
>>54735035
>using elementary level garbage software
>get errors
>blame windows
I blame your own stupidity for all your errors.
You've probably got 423,827 viruses, pajeet.
>>
>>54735982
Why did you have to include a picture of your faggot desktop along with this post?
>>
>>54734993
since when did /g/ become your personal blog
>>
>>54736528
Why did I post a related image on an imageboard? I dunno man, I'll let you try to figure that brain buster out.

Did maki trigger you or was it the vidya?
>>
>>54735068
>OpenGL is absolute bloated
LOL...k

>Android uses a stripped down version (Opengl-es) which has much less overhead, but it's still not comparable to DirectX.

Direct is running on Android ? Since when ?

Pajeet no rupee for you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.