What distro do you run, and why?
I used to run Arch but nowadays I run Debian minimal testing with i3 because it just twerks
I ran Debian testing for a long, long time. Been around the block, tried almost every other distro I ever heard of. These days I just use Ubuntu because it's pretty fire and forget; I can chuck it on anything and not have to mess with it too much post-install.
I still miss Debian testing sometimes, but I can't be bothered to install it anymore.
Hey /g/uys , for someone who doesn't care about head tracking cameras and just want to experience comfy VR spaceships without having to deal with rape-prices in OR/HTC is the Deenpoon a good kinda-cheap option?
How is the compatibility? I head the OR software detects it as DK2 but I haven't seen any report about Eve Valkirie running on this thing and there is not so much info.
Also are there any programs like Rainmeter so i can put fancy widgets on my desktop?
Using Ubuntu 16.04 with Cinnamon.
So I'm looking for a KVM switch and all of my options look like shit.
Basically I need a KVM that will allow me to switch two computers between dual displays with a max resolution of 2048 × 1080. Most of the stuff on amazon and newegg will only switch VGA and when I look at sites like kvm-switches-online.com everything is designed for enterprise applications and the prices reflect that. There must be some middle ground. Has anyone out there been through this struggle?
anyone on /g/ still use a crt? theres a 22" crt for 25 bucks that i might consider buying.
pic semi related
Why didn't you buy before the everyone else jumped on the hype train, /g/?
>nvidia's face now and intel's face when zen comes out
I bought about 1500 shares in between 2013 and 2015, what are you talking about? As soon as the news of Keller returning hit me I knew AMD would have a bounceback.
Hell I've convinced quite a few people on /g/ (some to hilarious effect because niggers can't understand delayed gratification) to ride the train
Which technologies and operating systems died too soon?
Might as well say it before somebody else does
What small keyboard should I get?
What does /g/ think about spreadsheets?
>leave Facebook logged in at a non private computer like at the libarary
>I was hacked
>leave behind phone on a table while out in public
>my phone was stolen
Why do Normie's keep saying their shit was hacked and stolen when it was their own carelessness
facebook part i agree with
phone part i don't
you can't just take something that doesn't belong to you regardless of whether or not it was left somewhere. stealing someones wallet when they left it in the library is still stealing someone's wallet
Does turning on encryption on my MacBook actually prevent le government hackers from being able to spy on me?
So some Verizon tech left this wide open, should I mess with it?
Yes, we know everything is already from China but in here we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.
>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon
>Chink Shit Wiki:
• Anon got his MotoSpeed Inflictor CK104 Keyboard today >>55215479
• Several anons reporting their Zircons being a bit of a letdown >>55214824
• Get some $0.10 chink shit with these russian forum coupons for Gearbest >>55222337
• PSA for Canadians looking to get rid of their Singpost woes, switch to PostNL according to anon they're fast as fuck >>55222889
• Anon posts pics of his DW watch and strap >>55223107
• Another posts his logoless DW using different straps >>55223925
• Xiaomi has a bicycle now >>55223995
• Anon spent some time with his X02 and posts thoughts >>55224393
• Anon bought a cheap book from >>55224408 >>55224458
• Anon's case doesn't look too good >>55224606
• AwfulReviews anon has another awful review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSXV0Q33kFY
• Chink company King Arts makes high quality collectables not sold in the West >>55224738
• MOTOSPEED Inflictor CK104 on sale currently for $45.99 >>55225421
• Anon writes up a guide to farming GoodBoyPoints with relative ease >>55225566
• Anon got a fresh batch of chink shit but won't unbox it >>55226067 >>55226140
• Anon posts his $35 mech keyboard >>55227158 posts in-depth review here http://imgur.com/a/Vu5fX
• Chink Shit Radio an experiment in podcasting about chinese products >>55227241 hosted by ComfyReviews anon >>55227883
• DirtyReviews Anon still loves his cheap mechanical keyboard >>55223904
>Take apart thinkpad
>screws are of different length
>keep screws in order to not fuck up the placement.
>one screw just won't go in.
>Try not to force it
>Look where I placed the screw in order and realize I missed a hole.
>taking apart n3ds
>several screw holes I can account for, figure these screws most go in here
>the holes were actually for the back cover, which have super short screws
>screw through the rubber internal protector and grind away at the mobo
/bsd/ - *BSD General Thread
Discuss FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD, FreeNAS...
IRC -- #baot @ irc.rizon.net
News: http://dragonflydigest.com - http://undeadly.org - http://freebsdnews.com
Ask questions, get answers.
Been slowly migrating my infrastructure to openbsd.
I haven't found a good way to handle base system updates on many physical servers.
I was thinking, pxe boot a random live image, have to pull a gold image and dd it to the drive, then ansible all the things.